“A great way to end our journey”

Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My fiancé and I have been traveling Nova Scotia for two weeks. We stayed at the Atlantica the night before we departed back to the states and went to see the show “Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo”.
The service was impeccable, the rooms were newly renovated and clean and the staff was very courteous. They were very helpful in recommending places to eat and how to get around. The location right across a beautiful park gave my fiancé and I a chance to have a nice walk and take in some views before the show.
We highly recommend this hotel the next time you stop in Halifax, NS.
Alf and Meghan—Tampa, FL

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Had a fantastic experience at this hotel. We booked online the same day we checked in and were upgraded to an executive room by the friendly front desk staff. The king bed was awesome.....hard to miss your bed at home when they have such luxury beds. We ate at Seasons and the waiter was friendly and made sure he went out of his way to help us. I left my cell phone charger there and they were quick to return my call and report they had located it. It was a clean and pleasant atmosphere. Worth the money.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I would like to say we had a fantastic stay at the Atlantica. The King bed was great and it was so comfortable. The room was so spacious and the bathroom was as well. The hotel lobby was beautiful and the staff were very friendly and willing to attend to your every need. I was there for a medical reason and the staff were so great about that and made sure I knew about the discount I could get because I was there for medical. I would definitely like to stay there again and would recomend it to my family and friends.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Front desk service was frustrating and it took 30 minutes to check us in. Finally the front desk manager had to come out and assist. Funny how J. could not understand the concept of changing our reservation so we would have two rooms on the executive level..
The hotel was clean but on the verge of being dated and tired. Bathrooms had old wallpaper and buildup in corners of bathroom floors. Surprised to find Aveda bath products. Room doors and locks reminded me of the kind you find in budget motels. Beds were comfortable though. Executive level rooms included full buffet breakfast in the restaurant which was a great deal. Paid $17/day for parking. That didn't impress us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Your first impression upon arriving to check in is that you are in for a very pleasant stay/experience and that you probably got a really good deal on your rate. On-site underground parking was extra and a bit pricey ($39.10 w/HST for two nights). Our room was pleasantly furnished. The view from our eighth floor room was pleasant, as it was sunny while we were there. The bathroom was a mix of good on the vanity side and really tired in the tub/shower. The TV was good. The wireless internet service was horrible (weak signal and/or slow speed no matter where we were in the building). We appreciated the on-site coin-op laundry room (one washer, one dryer; detergent and fabric softener provided). We tried the breakfast buffet in the on-site restaurant one morning. It was good, but make sure you communicate with the staff just what kind of buffet you are having, or you might feel that you paid too much for what you ate. Given the location, and that it was a downhill walk, we twice walked down to the harbour (pay attention to the traffic signals at the five-way intersections). We walked back, too (perhaps not recommended on a warmer day). Our stay was decent. It just could have been so much better, given our first impressions.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hotel needs a makeover but that is reflected in the rates. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and pool area was well looked after. The parking is a bit of a challenge. Had a moderate problem with slow drains but that was rectified quickly. I hope that the new owners will be able to upgrade the rooms a bit as they have the lobby and restaurant. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: meals are somewhat pricey
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank waterrat1
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed overnight in June for business. I enjoyed my stay. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Parking was a little challenging. When I put in a little complaint about zero parking with the Front Desk, the front desk agent MITCHELL told me he would move his own vehicle from the parcade and park on the street. I was stunned and extremely appreciative. What excellent service from such a lovely young man. You really dont see this often and is worth mentionning, I commend the hotel managers for the excellent training.

Overall, the best service ever! Will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business