“Highly recommend”

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Orillia, Canada
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Friendly staff. Quick check in. Slight problem with cost of my daughter's family's room but was dealt with in a satisfactory manner. Fresh, clean rooms. Quiet. Breakfast buffet was a little pricey but nice variety of fresh and tasty items. Very pleasant experience. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank Ken B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

A nice hotel becomes a Great Hotel because of the service you receive. The Atlantica is a Great Hotel. When we arrived late on a Saturday night from the airport missing one suitcase, we had a pleasant surprise waiting. Shane Cunningham. When he checked us in, he discovered our dilemma. We were headed out the next morning on the lighthouse trail in Nova Scotia towards Yarmouth with no hotel reservations (this was a last minute trip). The airline would deliver the suitcase to our next destination. Shane owned the problem. He was from Yarmouth and made reservations for us at the Rodd Grand Yarmouth Hotel (Also VERY nice) and even got us a room with a view of the harbor...He called the airlines and arranged the drop off of the suitcase. When we arrived that next evening at the hotel, there was the suitcase waiting...but the rest of the story is what set these 2 Hotels apart....waiting for us in the room were 2 trays with 2 lobster salad sandwiches, cheeses and fresh strawberries...Amazing!
Comfortable beds in clean rooms with outstanding service! Highly recommend these to anyone traveling in Nova Scotia. A great anniversary vacation!

Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

The staff at the Atlantica went the "extra mile" (or km, if you will) by turning our visit to Halifax from a potential disaster to a pleasantly bearable winner. We arrived a day late and without our luggage (thanx USAir),but on arriving at the hotel were greeted by friendly, sympathetic people and a wonderful room (great beds and bathrobes!). The hotel's location is good. We're walkers and downtown was only a 25 min. trek, past the Citadel, the Public Gardens and other points of interest. A walk up Quinpool Rd. offers good coffee (2nd Cup), good restaurants and tattoos, if you're in the mood. Luggage arrived 3 days later, but with the help of the Atlantica staff (front desk, guest svcs, housekeepers) we managed quite well. Thanx again.

Room Tip: If you like view, face downtown and the harbour...upper floor.
1 Thank Deane L
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed at Atlantica Hotel recently for 5 nights and it was wonderful. The staff who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful as were any other staff members I encountered during the week. The rooms were clean, newly renovated and larger than I expected.The lobby and entrance was very attractive.The dining room was first class and the food delicious.Staff here were also very friendly and helpful.Several times I needed something from front desk or restaurant and it was never a problem.Even at their busiest there was always someone to help with directions or answer questions about some place we were interested in. When I was looking at hotels I debated several days as to whether I would book this hotel or book a higher priced hotel that I had used before. The price was very reasonable and I am delighted I made the decision to try this hotel.I would highly recommend recommend this hotel.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

My fiancé and I have been traveling Nova Scotia for two weeks. We stayed at the Atlantica the night before we departed back to the states and went to see the show “Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo”.
The service was impeccable, the rooms were newly renovated and clean and the staff was very courteous. They were very helpful in recommending places to eat and how to get around. The location right across a beautiful park gave my fiancé and I a chance to have a nice walk and take in some views before the show.
We highly recommend this hotel the next time you stop in Halifax, NS.
Alf and Meghan—Tampa, FL

Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Had a fantastic experience at this hotel. We booked online the same day we checked in and were upgraded to an executive room by the friendly front desk staff. The king bed was awesome.....hard to miss your bed at home when they have such luxury beds. We ate at Seasons and the waiter was friendly and made sure he went out of his way to help us. I left my cell phone charger there and they were quick to return my call and report they had located it. It was a clean and pleasant atmosphere. Worth the money.

Ferryland, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

I would like to say we had a fantastic stay at the Atlantica. The King bed was great and it was so comfortable. The room was so spacious and the bathroom was as well. The hotel lobby was beautiful and the staff were very friendly and willing to attend to your every need. I was there for a medical reason and the staff were so great about that and made sure I knew about the discount I could get because I was there for medical. I would definitely like to stay there again and would recomend it to my family and friends.