“Good Night”

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Antigonish, Canada
“Good Night”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Overall great spot very clean, nice comfy beds, nice shower lots of hot water. If I was to complain a bit it would be no mini fridge (Rm 811) and it was very hard to check in on a Sunday afternoon a little early. I tried at 130 then 230 and finally at 305 they had a room. Maybe the place was packed but it sure didn't look like it. I blamed it on the good deal from Priceline for the price we paid we weren't getting an extra minute! Also 19$ to park seemed like lots for being so far away from downtown. Its about 7$ for a taxi to the waterfront area but we did the walk back from The Metro Center in about 12 minutes. Bar and Restaurant have good service and a nice panoramic view.
Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors give a better view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have stayed at the Atlantica hotel several times over the past five years and it is consistently good. The staff are nice and accommodating.

The restaurant was very good, but maybe a little over priced, with very small portions. The restaurant service was very good though. The views from the restaurant are wonderful. It would be nice to have a ten or fifteen percent discount in the restaurant for guests to encourage them to dine there.

We always enjoy the pool and fitness centre.

The beds are comfortable and the décor is nice. We always ask to have a room away from the ice machines though because they are the loudest ice machines that we have ever heard.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ice machine. The ice machines are very loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel for two days and it was a very comfortable stay. The beds were very comfy and the rooms were extra clean. Great staff , and made a point to always have a smile on their face. Also, having fresh lemonade in the lobby was a nice touch. Would like to have a mini fridge in the room. Restaurant menu a bit small but food is great.

Toronto
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel was certainly adequate and affordable (booked through Hotels.com). The room is a good size and everything looked very clean and in good repair and the bath amenities were Aveda products which is always nice. The staff were very courteous and check in was efficient. The location is good, walking distance to everything in downtown Halifax.
My main concern was the bed. Very soft, no support at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments. I was very pleased that you found our team members to be personable and efficient and that you enjoyed the room size and the premium Aveda products. We do have an excellent preventative maintenance program in place that includes a mattress replacement program. It seems, from your feedback that we may have missed a mattress that needs attention and I do apologize for that inconvenience. Our beds usually draw rave reviews and a number of our guests actually purchase beds through our supplier for their own homes. If you are able to contact me directly with the room number that you stayed in, it would be most appreciated. I can then have our team address this issue as soon as possible. My email address is cforward@atlanticahalifax.com
Thanks again for your feedback. We absolutely appreciate your comments.
Best Regards
Colleen
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Atlantica is my favorite hotel for many reasons:
1) Great location and easy to hail a cab.
3) Excellent restaurant (try the burger with bacon jam- amazing). Breakfast buffet is very good as well.
4) Very friendly staff.
5) The beds are very comfortable (super important to me).
6) The bathroom toiletries provided are AVEDA- can't beat that. Plus they provide you a loofah for the shower. Which is really convenient because I prefer a loofah in the shower but never remember to pack one.
7) Pet friendly - important for me, as I travel frequently with my small dog.
8) The snacks in the room are unique. I love the protein bars and vitamin water.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 15th floor are beautiful.
1 Thank JKBurns
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel from Oct 01-Oct 08 2013. Some things I liked were the hotel staff were very friendly and accomodating. They were quick to fix any issues we had when the phone broke ect. The location is great close to the harbour and a couple good resturants. They also provide a free shuttle during certain hours of the day. The free buffet included in out room was also pretty good. House cleaners did a great job. Some issues I had is we stayed in the "Executive Suite" which from talking to hotel staff was apparently the best suite to stay in. I found when we arrived in our room it was extremely over priced. This suite is a regular hotel room with some fancy lamps. Its a common size room comparable to a super 8. And for a week payed over $1300 + 17.00/day to park a rental car. When I could have stayed at a super 8 or comfort in for half the price. Same style of rooms.Only plus side of staying here is the bed was comfortable. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and believe me there is nothing fancy about this hotel. The room consists of a bed a tv and a regualr bathroom. We only had dinner once in the seasons resutrant our last day here, the food wasnt anything great. And service lacked in the bar seating area. Traffic can get a little noisey at times due to location. Overall I would look into staying somewhere else it just isnt worth the money to stay here. But i guess it depends what you are looking for. This is a 3 star hotel in my opinion. Its just an averege hotel thats over priced.

Ottawa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed one night on fourth floor; room nice and clean; front desk staff excellent. This hotel accepts dogs and I was woken past midnight by barking. Apart from that, it was a very nice stay. Spacious bathroom; comfortable bed. Convenient restaurant in the building. Complementary town car service to Spring Garden shopping/restaurant district in peak hours. I would return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business