“Poor experience”

Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Upon arrival to the hotel we waited 10 minutes for the staff to acknowledge us - there was nobody else in the lobby the staff was preoccupied on his computer. We didn't even receive a hello. After check in we went out for breakfast.. When we arrived back our sink was plugged. Called the front desk & maintenance was called. They came back three different times before having our sink fixed. This was extremely annoying as I was trying to nap. Also.. The curtains wouldn't close to dim the lights from outside so I ended up not being able to nap. We went out a second time & upon arrival back our keys didn't work. We went back to the front desk & they reset them.. Again.. Wouldn't work. The sent maintenance again but the lock was never fixed. It would take up to 20 swipes before we could enter our room. The room needs to be updated. This hotel was very overpriced for the experience we received & nowhere near a 4 star. Very disappointed!!

• Stayed: May 2014
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I am so very sorry to note that you had an unsatisfactory stay. Based on your feedback, I can appreciate your frustration and disappointment. Our hotel has undergone a number of renovations recently including total refurbishment of over 60% of our guestrooms, our meeting space, restaurant and most recently a major refresh of our lobby and the underground parking facility. I can assure you that what you describe is not typical of the standard of service and quality that are our hallmarks and I do sincerely apologize. We would be pleased to discuss your stay directly in more detail and welcome the opportunity to make this right. Please contact me directly at cfoward@atlanticahalifax.com at your convenience. Thank you for bringing these matters forward.
Very best regards

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay. The service was excellent and the room suited our needs perfectly. The front desk staff was warm and welcoming and the hotel was comfortable and offered all the ammenities our family needed. We will stay at this hotel again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind comments. It was wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and especially that you would recommend us and return yourself. Word of mouth is a powerful tool and we truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was in Hfx just for one night and needed something central, nice and reasonably priced. The Atlantica filled the bill very nicely. A very comfortable room and the right facilities for my need with very friendly staff as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found our location in the heart of the city convenient and central to what the city has to offer.
We appreciate your business and hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am preparing to leave for a military deployment tomorrow, and wanted to treat my wife to a nice night out before I left. This hotel had it all, from Erica who helped with an upgrade, Olga on the front desk at check in, the room attendant bringing an extra robe, the wait staff the next morning and a speedy check out. A fantastic room, great service by all departments. We were both so impressed with everyone. I have been in the hotel industry and I took great pride in customer service, this hotel hit it on every mark. I will definitely be coming back to the Atlantica again, thank you to the entire staff who made my last night in Halifax for six months one to remember. My wife Sarah said " this was the best night I have had in a very long time and will remember it for a long time" Once again thank you to the entire staff at the Atlantica Hotel Halifax who made this night perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrevorJess

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful feedback on your experience at the Atlantica Hotel Halifax. We are very proud and honoured that you chose to make us part of this special evening. We are especially pleased that you have recognized Erika and Olga for their part in making the evening memorable. They are two of the many staff members who truly demonstrate the true meaning of hospitality and great service on a daily basis. We all wish the very best to you and your family – and thank you for your service to our country. Please contact me directly when you return at cforward@atlanticahalifax.com, we would be delighted to welcome you home with another special evening at the Atlantica Halifax as our guests.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Staff is excellent! Lobby, Pool, Exercise Room is very nice. Housekeeping is very accommodating. Good central location. The furniture may be a bit dated for some but it was clean and comfortable. The only drawback would be the fee for parking of $17 per night but all the upscale places in the city charge a parking fee.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the parking fee. Parking is tough to find in all of Halifax.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Atlantica Hotel Halifax with your fellow travellers. We very much appreciate your positive recognition of our team and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. On your next visit, perhaps you might be interested in some of our package offerings, i.e. Create Your Stay which include parking as an option. Thank you again for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I went to Hali for the weekend, for a wedding. The hotel was the designated hotel for wedding guests. Overall, it was a good stay. It appeared clean and the bathrooms were really nice. The staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful. For the purpose of getting ready, showering, etc. for the wedding and the reception, the room was great. We got the "special rate" of $139 per night, with 2 double beds. I thought that was expensive, but that depends on you. The hotel itself was really nice and I would love to go back, if the price was cheaper. The staff are also very helpful in finding great restaurants around the city. At the end of our trip, we booked a shuttle to the airport. The staff member who booked it got the times mixed up and booked the wrong one. The hotel manager came to us and apologized. She offered us a private limo ride (a service available to guests, at an additional rate) at no extra cost, since the hotel made the mistake. I understand it was their mistake, but I was still grateful that they took responsibility and proposed a solution that didn't cause us any extra stress. Thanks Atlantica!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thanks to you! We appreciate that you chose to stay at the Atlantica Hotel Halifax and that you have taken to time to share your experience. I am very sorry that we erred on the shuttle service times, but I am very pleased we were able to get you to the airport on us via the limo service.
We do have some excellent value added packages and offers available throughout the year. So please give us a call or check on the website for more information when you are next visiting Halifax.
Thanks again for your business! We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I found myself needing to stay in a hotel in Halifax due to my Father having to have surgery at the VG Hospital. The Atlantica Hotel was my choice, simply because I felt it was convenient. I will return to the Atlantica Hotel because it was, by far, my best experience in a Hotel. The staff, right from the check in desk to the restaurant and housekeeping, made my stay the most comfortable and pleasant stay ever. My father will unfortunately have to go through more surgeries in Halifax, and I already know I will be booking in at the Atlantica.

Thanks again Atlantica for a stress free stay.

Jeanie S

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with your fellow travellers. I am terribly sorry to hear that health issues were the reason for your stay but am very pleased that you found our team provided you with a stress-free experience. We have many guests who stay at our hotel when in Halifax for day surgeries or when visiting friends and family in the hospital and know this can be a very trying time. Although we wish you were returning for a pleasure trip rather than because of another surgery for your father, we are honoured that you will come back to the Altantica Halifax. Don’t forget to ask about the special Hospital program rate.