Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night and again tonight. This hotel is so far from the downtown core. You will wish you stayed closer! We got this room on a hotwire deal for $112 a night but we found other people who paid $79! This hotel is cheap for a reason... It is not downtown. They have a shuttle, but its first come first serve. Not exactly convenient.

Also, it is now 11:33 and its so bright in my room. How can people sleep without blackout curtains?

Trust me and stay closer to the harbour.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that the location of our hotel was not convenient for your Halifax stay. We are centrally located within walking distance of the Spring Garden Road shopping and entertainment district, about 2km to the waterfront and close to the vibrant and eclectic North end of the city. The complimentary limousine service which operates Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 9:30am and 5:30pm to 7:30pm is extremely well received by our guests and facilitates travel to downtown businesses and points of interest. All guestrooms are outfitted with black out curtains, so I do apologize if yours were not visible and consequently created a less than excellent sleep experience. I would be very appreciative if you would contact me directly at cforward@atlanticahalifax.com or (902) 490-3339 and provide me with your guestroom number so we could investigate this further.
Thank you again for your comments. We do appreciate your business.
Best Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I must say that the staff was very good. The hotel is dated and the beds are way too soft for anyone with a back problem.

Breakfast was ok, just ok. Location is not the best but was not an issue nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NJBasque
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel was a warm welcome to our first visit in the Maritime Canada. The room was comfortable with two queen size beds and a well appointed bathroom. We ate in the hotel our first evening and Ryan the barman made sure we enjoyed it, chatting to us and making me a lovely mo jito cocktail which I had not had before but thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel was a slight walk downhill to the waterfront but the exercise was good and worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The title speaks for itself. The best part of the Atlantica is its staff. The staff are very friendly, courteous and helpful. They attend to your every need and requests (despite how ridiculous they may be) with a great big smile and without a hint of attitude and hesitation. Apart from the staff, the hotel itself is beautifully laid out, nice decor and really clean. The rooms are very standard but still quite comfortable and housed with all the necessary amenities for a comfortable stay. The restaurant onsite (Seasons by Atlantica) is also very and offers excellent room service. I have no complaints of this place and won't really change anything about it. Other onsite features include a pool, sauna, gym, conference rooms, all of which are really good. The Atlantica is also located a really good location with easy access to the downtown area. Definitely recommends the Atlantica.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was travelling with my extended family and even though we might not get along as much as we would like, we all agreed that the Atlantica was a great hotel choice! It's close to downtown but not so close that you feel smothered and their facilities were great! The room was clean and cozy, breakfast was really good, and the staff were very friendly!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I haven't been to this property in a very long time, since it was the Holiday Inn in fact. I was at the Art Battle event on Friday night, and was really impressed with how nice the place is looking, and with how friendly and helpful the staff were (Jeannette the food and beverage manager and Paul at the front desk). I don't know what the rooms are like or what the experience is like as a guest, but from my visit on Friday night I was left with a very positive impression.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed there 06-08 June, 14 and it's a good location. It is currently under construction, but this was a little inconvenience.
The restaurant was very good as was the service.
My room on the fourth floor had two double beds. One bed was very comfortable while the other was badly in need of a new mattress. The ceiling had many water stains and the carpet was worn and ripped. The room was clean, but a small fridge would have been welcomed.
I was told by staff that some rooms had been renovated, while others had not.
I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014