“Great accomodations.”

Atlantica Hotel Halifax
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our meeting rooms were plenty adequate without being so large we felt distant from others. The staff was most friendly and helpful. the food was delicious and so tastefully presented especially for such a large group.

Keelan was always available for any kind or service or help without being "in the way" or too much.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have more amenities.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

So glad to hear that you found the hotel guest rooms and meeting rooms to be comfortable and right sized for your event. Thanks very much for sharing your kind comments regarding our team and particularly for recognizing Keel an. They are a wonderful group of people who truly want each and every guest to feel appreciated. Hope business or pleasure brings you back to us in the near future.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is an adequate base to explore a wonderful city. The reason I stayed here was because the rest of my family had booked here. Halifax is definitely a destination for a tourist. The incredible Victorian Gardens and the Maritime Museum are a day each of enjoyment. The Museum gives a vivid experience of famous ship wrecks along the treacherous coastline ( the most infamous being the Titanic). Also, the War of 1812 from the view points of the Americans, Canadians, British and First People is thoroughly explored and explained with interesting displays. Also, the devastation of the Halifax fire of 1917 is graphically & grippingly detailed. Plus, the development of the Canadian Navy is explained. For the foodie there are numerous fun to fine dining option. For harbor buffs the bustling waterfront is great fun. The harbor is one of the world's deepest and a hub of commercial activity. And for sailors, Halifax is heaven.

Room Tip: Great food:breakfast, lunch & dinner plus fun bar scene; wonderful pool; business center: fitnes...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

It sounds like you took advantage of everything that Halifax has to offer and appreciated the wonderful history of our city. There is truly something for everyone! Also, I was so pleased to note that you enjoyed the food, the fitness centre and of course the great lounge during your stay. We appreciate that you selected the Atlantica Hotel Halifax as your base. Our hotel is a perfect central location for Halifax visitors. Thanks for so much for sharing your experience.
We do hope you will return to Halifax and to the Atlantica in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I must say, I chose the upgrade for an extra fee and I was not disappointed. The floor I stayed on was amazing (15) - and the bed was top notch, I slept better than I do at home. The front desk staff were very friendly and really made me feel welcome. I was in town for the buskers and it was just a 10 minute walk which was great and all down hill! I took a cab back at the end of the evening because it was dark and it only cost 10 dollars including tip. There was also a park for children and a huge park to walk your dogs in across the street from the hotel. This was convenient for me as I travel with my dog. My dog also received a pet bed and a water bowl which was placed in my room (I told them I was travelling with my dog) and they went above and beyond to make my pet feel at home. I will be staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor, well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the Executive Level guestrooms. The view from the 15th floor and the additional amenities offered such as full hot breakfast, daily appetizer in Seasons, complimentary North American long distance calls and much more are truly a great value. We are delighted to welcome our four legged friends with some pet friendly amenities to make their stay as comfortable as possible. It is downhill to the waterfront and a lovely walk, but we do also offer our guests complimentary limousine service to points within the downtown Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 9:30 am and 5:30pm to 7:30 pm.
We really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with fellow travellers. But, most gratifying is hearing that you will be returning to us on your next visit.
Thanks so very much

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The hotel was clean and there were lots of good amenities and services offered there. The selection of food in the restaurant and on the room service menus was a bit disappointing. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review. I was very pleased to hear that enjoyed the hotel and appreciated the services and amenities offered and that you found the staff to be friendly. We would love to get some additional feedback on the options you would like to see available on our menus in the restaurant and through in room dining. I would certainly be delighted to hear from you at cforward@atlanticahalifax.com or at (902) 490-3339.
We really appreciate that you selected our hotel for your Halifax visit and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had to travel to Halifax for medical purposes for my husband. To be honest, we chose the Atlantica because it was so close to the QE11 and that is where his appointment was. The staff was friendly and courteous and made our stay very pleasurable. As it turned out we had to return twice more in the month of July so we went back to the Atlantica. On our third trip I was advised that because of our "frequency" we were being upgraded to the "Gold Floor" (12th floor in the hotel). The room was larger, and very comfortable and the view was fantastic.My husband requires surgery that will have us in Halifax for a minimum of six days and , yes, we will be staying at the Atlantica again.Also... the Atlantica gives you a "Medical Rate", free parking and 15% off your breakfast if you have a Dr's appointment in Halifax.Kudos to this hotel. Great service!!!

Room Tip: Go "high" the view is beautiful!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thank Mary C. T

Thank you so very much for sharing your lovely review of the Atlantica Hotel Halifax with your fellow travellers. I do wish that your visits were for pleasure rather than medical necessity – but was really pleased to hear that our team made your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Each and every one of our guests is so important to us, but having loyal guests, such as you and your husband, that return to us is truly special. Our hospital program is a wonderful value and in addition to offering discounts rates on rooms and in the restaurant and complimentary parking, we are delighted to return a portion of these room rates the QE11 and the IWK Hospital Foundations.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Atlantica and stayed in the upper floor Executive rooms. Our room was spotless and well appointed. I think the Executive rooms could be larger and offer a soaking tub but those are the only negative things I have to say about the room.
The Globe and Mail was left outside our room every morning and we appreciated that service as well.
The staff are wonderful, friendly and helpful.
Our room was cleaned everyday and quite early which was great. We would put the Please Make Up Room sign on our door knob and I think they watch since within the hour our room was done. We ate at the restaurant Seasons and enjoyed it very much. Good food and great service. The only thing missing here is an outdoor patio. A shout out to Cody, a fabulous waiter and all around nice guy. I enjoyed our chats everyday and your charm!
Coffee is served in the lobby until 7am when the restaurant opens. Since I am an early bird this was very convenient. This is a non-smoking hotel so I would go outside in the morning to enjoy my coffee and cigarette. There are a couple of benches to sit on, so I would bring the newspaper with me.

Over all a great stay at the Atlantica with good pricing. Danny from reservations was a huge help and went out of his way to be friendly and helpful. He set up our transportation from the Airport to the Hotel (a 30 minute drive) with Atlantis Limo. They are great! Only $59 for a nice Lincoln Town Car with friendly and professional drivers. It costs that or more for a cab so hire this company, enjoy the drive and friendly conversation with the drivers. Danny also made sure our 2 Alexander Keith's beer I requested for our room were put there just at the right time so they were ice cold for our arrival!

As other reviewers stated, this hotel is not really downtown. It is about a 15 minute walk to downtown and 20 minutes to the Harbour. If you have any mobility issues you would need to drive. We tried a couple of close by restaurants but were disappointed. Stick to the downtown and waterfront eateries, they have a ton of them and most are fantastic.

A big plus is the Atlantica offers a free shuttle to the downtown/harbour area from 7:30am-9:30am & 5:30pm-7:30pm. We used this free service often and appreciated it since we did a lot of walking while in Halifax. It may be free but we still tipped our drivers $5 each time. We saw other guests use the service and never tip, I thought that was just rude.

Room Tip: Executive rooms offer free breakfast and turndown service. Also on the higher floors with better vie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your fellow travellers with a detailed account of your experience at the Atlantica Halifax. It was great to hear that your stay was enjoyable stay and particularly that you found our team to be helpful and accommodating. So very nice of you to recognize Cody and Danny; they are great people and wonderfully represent our team who are all committed to providing our guests with exceptional service. I was pleased to note that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary limo service. This has been a real hit with our guests.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I booked a single night here through Hotwire as a layover before heading home from a 3-week Icelandic vacation. This hotel is listed as "central" even though it's a good 20-25 minute walk to the waterfront. It also has no shuttle service from Stanfield, and my only options were a $40 return Airport Express ticket, or a $55 cab ride! A helpful Haligonian at the airport eventually told me about the MetroBus (local transit bus) which saved me a bunch of $$$. The hotel itself is fine, clean and well-appointed rooms, good-sized bathroom, free wifi in the room, etc. Desk staff on the night I arrived had to shout over the noise of a big party in the lobby, and I DID have to call security about loud music and a profanity-laced argument in the room next door at 1 am... But it was handled swiftly and decisively.

All in all, it was fine for a short stay, but you may want to avoid this location if you have mobility issues or wish to spend time on the Waterfront, as it's a significant distance away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Trado575
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I was so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and that you were able to take advantage of some of our value added amenities such as complimentary Wi-Fi. Airport Express is the privately owned shuttle that provides airport transportation for all the downtown hotels. Another option is our preferred limousine partner, Atlantis Limousines which offers special rates to our guests and of course, Metro Transit offers service as well. Depending on the number in your party, limousine service can be quite cost effective.
I do apologize for any inconvenience caused by noise from some of other guests, but glad that you found our team took care of the issue in an appropriate and timely manner.
We do offer complimentary limousine service to downtown Monday to Friday at scheduled times in the morning and evening.
Thank you again for your comments. We truly appreciate your feedback and your business.