The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
US$229
US$254
US$247
  • Pool
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
US$271
Official Hotel
US$140
US$136
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$135
US$252
US$213
  • Restaurant
US$371
US$362
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$136
Travelocity
1,561 results
All reviewswarm cookiesbathroom mirrorrain showersuite hotelvalet parkingliving roomvalet servicesmall kitchenettemaritime museumwithin walking distanceharbour viewbeautiful hotelfront desk staffheart of downtownfridge and microwaveexcellent locationsitting area
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Checked in for last minute stay. There is no self parking mandatory valet. So if you have issue with someone else driving your vehicle then I don't suggest using this hotel. Partial harbour view means squish your face against the glass to peer through and see a small portion of water.
Chantal at the front desk was vert effiecient and answered all my questions. Rooms were very old and dated. The beds were just okay.
But my biggest complaint is how noisy the hotel is. The fan was humming and no adjusting would fix this, the couple (I assume so) above me must have had to adjust their 'sleep"# part way through there sexcapade. Poor insulated walls and floors allowed us a room with a nonview side show.
As for value for the $$ hmmm. No. The value versus pay is very one sided. Choose another newer not so noisy dated hotel for your stay in halifax.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank cowboyhq
Erin P, Front Office Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. We always appreciate hearing from our guests.

We strive to provide each guest with a seamless stay. I regret to hear we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.

I am happy to report we have begun an extensive renovation process that will see both the interior and exterior of our hotel receive a facelift. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered with your bed, as part of the renovations we will see the Sleep Number beds replaced with traditional mattresses.
Unfortunately not all of our suites feature a harbour view. We try our best to accommodate requests for a room with a view, however this is not always possible.

I am glad to hear you were well taken care of by Chantal. She is certainly a strong member of our Guest Services team; the pride she takes in her work really shines through!

I do hope on your next visit to Halifax you consider staying with us again so we can show you the exceptional experience for which we are known.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Needing a one-night stay at the beginning of my NS trip, I opted for this hotel based upon TripAdvisor reviews. I was very pleasantly validated: Upon checkin, I noted the staff was exceedingly attentive, offering complimentary tea/coffee/bottled water in the lobby. I was in room 806, so I had a nice (though not direct) harbour view (albeit, the fog had other intentions). The sleep-# bed did not operate adequately, but no worries for me. The bathroom placement is a bit odd as is the miniture kitchenette. The restaurant served nicely prepared meals (the service was a bit slow, though I was patronizing at an "off" time). My room was very quiet even w adjacent neighbors. The ATM in the lobby does not work on US cards, so you'll need to walk 1/2-block to the closest bank (if open). I checked-out at approx 8am, when several others were also awaiting the concierge to fetch their valet-parked car (for approx $19/day), so preplan to avoid a wait (only about 15 mins). After reading other TA reviews, the valet charge was not unexpected. Some of the space w/in the unit was wasted (the "foyer" & mini-kitchenette), but the bedroom & den were very nicely arranged and utilized. Very convenient to the Dartmouth ferry (have exact change: 2.25CAD). After my trip, I stayed at the Marriott Harbourview where I paid 50% more, smaller room, no complimentary services, and had a view of the freeway; I should have booked Radisson again, but wanted to see what other hotels were like).

Room Tip: Definitely the upper rooms so that you will have a harbour view (though the fog may have other intentions). If foggy, no matter which room you have, you will hear the foghorn...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Thank you for choosing us on your recent visiit to Halifax!
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us! We take great pride in ensuring all of our guests are well taken care of, and am happy to hear you experienced the same.
As you noted we are a short walk away from many of Halifax's conveniences, including the Halifax-Dartmouth pedestrian ferry, which not only provides easy access to Dartmouth, but also provides amazing views of the harbour!
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travellers. I do hope we are able to welcome you back on your next visit to our great city!

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed here for a business visit for a few days. The suites were very comfortable and large but a little dated. It seems that they have not renovated for a while.I had some issues with the phone in the room not working but the staff fixed it immediately.

The Downtown Halifax location is perfect and very convenient. Excellent service from the staff who went out of their way to help out.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 7th or 8th floors with a really good view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us and other travellers. We always appreciate receiving feedback.

We strive to ensure each and every guest has a seamless stay with us. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you experienced with your guest room telephone, but am happy to hear we were able to get it working again quickly for you.

I am also happy to report that we have begun an extensive renovation process on our hotel, which will provide everything with a fresh face!

We are very proud of our team here at the Radisson. I am thrilled to hear you were well taken care of!

I hope we are able to welcome you back the next time you are in Halifax!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This was the first place we stayed on our 2 week vacation, after flying into Halifax. They had valet parking for an extra $18, which seems normal considering the location. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, right next to a large bank (which we needed to exchange money), a block from the Old Triangle (which is a must for pub and music lovers), and two blocks to harbor side.

The room was a suite and it was sweet! Very clean and a great mattress.

All in all, a perfect start to a 2-week Maritime vacation!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us, MacPEI!

I do agree our suites are pretty sweet! I am happy to hear your enjoyed your accommodation.

We certainly are lucky to be in such a great location! We've got easy access to many of Halifax's attractions, conveniences and dining options, like The Old Triangle, as you mentioned, which is just around the corner from us.

I am happy we were able to provide such a great kick off to your Maritime vacation!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I went to the Halifax Radisson from June 28-30 2012, this was my first time at this hotel. When we checked in we found the staff super friendly and helpful. Once we got to our room, we discovered that it was HUGE! We set up our laptop and the internet worked well. We had fun discovering our "Sleep Numbers" with the Serta sleep number mattresses. The hotel was clean and quiet. We LOVED the location, and we will definitely be going back to the Halifax Radisson!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your glowing review with us and other travelers!

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us! We certainly are proud of the team we have here at the Radisson! I am happy to hear you were well taken care of.

One thing is for certain, our one bedroom suites provide plenty of space for relaxing after a day of exploring beautiful Halifax!

I am happy to hear you will be staying with us again. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Halifax!