“Will definitely stay again!!”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I had never stayed @ a Radisson before & only chose it because of the guarantee of a fridge in every room. Well, it was a very pleasant surprise. It was absolutely spotless. All staff were extremely helpful & friendly. I left a note for housekeeping the first night, asking for all regular coffee (no decaf) & an extra box of kleenex, & staffer, Brenda, obliged for the rest of my stay. On my second night, I bought a bottle of wine & just used a water glass but the next day, she left me a wine glass. The rain shower head is awesome!!! Didn't want to get out! My only complaint (which I didn't address w/ staff) was the temperature in the room - the thermastat said 15 (60 f) but it was very warm. I turned the fan on low when I went to bed & that made it more pleasant.

Room Tip: The bathrooms differ from room to room - some have a regular tub w/ a shower, others have a large sh...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank tleemacd
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Good morning tleemacd,

Thank you for your first vist with Radisson and I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for recogizing Brenda, as she is valued employee. 'Attention to detail' is big for us and I am glad, but not surprised, that the staff went the extra step to make your staff more enjoyable. If you would be so kind as to let me know what room you were in so I can get the heating and A/C unit looked at it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get that fixed for the next guest, if it hasn't been already. Thank you also for the tip on our bathroom set up, as we do offer rooms with either a stand up shower and/or tub shower - both of whicg feature the' rainforest' shower experience.

Best regards and thank you again,

jamie.bolduc@radissonhalifax.com

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were steered here by the Visitor Center in the waterfront. Not only did we get a great deal, but everything about the hotel was excellent. My girlfriend won't stop gushing about the bathroom in our room.
Front desk staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank cscho

Good morning cscho,

I hope you had a great weekend! I would like to thank you for you visit and review. I am glad to hear that you felt everything about the hotel was excellent. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The recent renovation is simply FABULOUS. The rooms are HUGE (separate sitting room with desk, bedroom with sitting area, bathroom AND kitchenette) and incredibly comfortable. Staff are top notch, from the concierge who greeted me, to the front desk staff, to the smiling maintenance workers and cleaning staff I met in the hallway. Excellent all around. I've also never had a more comfortable night's sleep in a hotel.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is for my experience as a business traveler. Our company had a meeting room booked all day and the lunch offered through the hotel left a LOT to be desired. In addition, many plates put out were OBVIOUSLY dirty and had to be set aside, while whole sets of cutlery were missing (try eating without a fork...)
All that said, I heartily recommend the hotel to any traveler and encourage the team to bring the meeting room services up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel S
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you Rachel S for your visit and review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please, however allow me apologize for your catering F & B experience, as this is certainly not the norm and what we strive for. I have been in contact with our catering provider and they apologize also. We appreciate the feedback, as it will allow us to make things better for future guests and events.

Have a fabulous weekend and thanks again,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I'm new to Halifax and on a previous visit my daughter and I noticed an outside patio restaurant associated with a hotel. I booked a night at the Radisson thru Bookings.com and found I'd made a happy mistake. Beautiful lobby to an bright ,modern Hotel. The room was a suite with a kitchenette and living room. The bedroom was massive with 2 queen beds. I found the bed a little uncomfortable. That was my only negative. The large washroom had an entrance thru the bedroom and was also accessable thru another door from the common area. Check out the hotel bar for Happy Hour. They didn't have the patio that I thought I was getting but I got over it after my second Vodka& soda. My coffee maker didn't start up in the morning and housekeeping staff called down to maintainance. 5 minutes later , a gentleman came in and discovered a breaker switch off in the panel. And I had my coffee.

Room Tip: there are rooms that have a view of the Halifax Harbour for a bit more $
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brigit_12

Hi Brigit_12,

We are grateful for your 'happy mistake' and I would like to thank you for giving us a try. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and I am especially pleased we handled the coffee maker issue quickly. In agreement "Happy Hour" is a great way for guests to wind down from the day and I am glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of that.

All the best and have a great weekend!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

As I hadn't stayed at the Radisson in years, I was surprised by how modern and spacious it had become after the renovations - the front lobby is absolutely gorgeous, and the staff were extremely helpful. While checking in, they even offered to keep the pool open later than the scheduled pool times to make my night even better :) At the time I checked in, the new hotel bar hadn't opened yet, however it looks very classy and contemporary, and so I will definitely try it out soon!

The room itself was very impressive, with beautiful,stylish furniture and a great view of the harbour. My friends who visited were impressed, to say the least. The location is also ideal, as it is in walking distance to all of the local hot spots. After a busy night out, it was so nice to come back to a comfy bed with adjustable settings in which you could actually change the firmness of the mattress - how cool is that?!

I will definitely stay here whenever I am in the city, best place in town

6  Thank Taylor D
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Hi there Taylor D,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I am also grateful for the detailed review you have offered of the hotel and staff. We are extremely pleased with the positive feedback we have received thus far on our 'new look'. I apologize you could not take advantage of our lobby bar, but I am pleased to tell you it will be opening very soon.

Thank you for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I'd recommend the Radisson Suite Hotel, Halifax, to anyone who's looking for a fantastic stay in a fantastic downtown location. The room was spacious, modern, and (most importantly) comfortable. The staff were incredibly hospitable and made every effort to provide a great hotel experience. They were also knowledgeable about the city and surrounding area. Hooray for the Radisson!

4  Thank Caleigh D

Good afternoon Caleigh D,

Thank you for your visit and review. Thank you also for your recommendation and rating. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was very pleased with our stay at the Radisson! Having stayed at many of the hotels in the downtown vicinity, the Radisson definitely offers the best in terms of comfort, close proximity to attractions, and luxury. Being from the area, I was aware that the building has been under renovation, and I was astounded by how open and bright the lobby is now. The transformation has resulted in a very modern, stylish, luminous, and comforting feel. The front desk staff were most inviting, especially Lynn who made sure our stay was second to none. The rooms also reflect the beautiful modern appearance as seen in the lobby. Our room featured a very spacious bathroom with a raindrop shower, and a classic looking kitchenette. I was surprised to see adjustable mattresses that allow you to choose the firmness to suit your comfort, something that I have only seen at this hotel. While we were close to all the attractions and nightlife that downtown Halifax has to offer, the hotel is in a much more low key location than others around, which is perfect when you just want some peace and quiet after a night out. Overall, it was a fabulous stay, and is my first choice when it comes to staying in Halifax.

2  Thank Tyler B

Good morning Tyler B,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. We are extremely appreciative of your feedback, so thank you also for that. I am happy to hear of your positive experience with staff and I will be sure to share your review with them. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when visiting Halifax.

All the best,