“Superior service, superior accommodations, outstanding all round.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Charlottetown, Canada
“Superior service, superior accommodations, outstanding all round.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at this lovely modern hotel twice so far this year and each time the service and rooms have been top notch. Clean bright rooms, comfortable beds, stunning views of the halifax harbor and cruise ships, minutes from the famous waterfront and right in the cent of downtown business. Add the anything they can do service and this is by far and hands down the best deal going in downtown halifax. Cheers to the crew!!!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Jennifer G
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Good morning Jennifer G,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. We appreciate your comments and it is great to hear that you found your stay 'outstanding'. You are welcome back any time and we look forward to that next visit.

Thnak you again and have a great day!

Jamie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here during our trip to Nova Scotia. I chose this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews as well as the location and proximity to the waterfront. We were not disappointed in our choice. My husband uses a wheelchair and we booked one of the accessible rooms (number 214). Upon checking in we were greeted by very friendly and helpful front desk staff which is always nice.
Our room was fantastic. Very large, and easy for my husband to move through with his wheelchair. The room had a kitchenette, living room and separate bedroom with it's own seating area. It was a very comfortable space. What made the room, however, was the comfort of the king sized bed. The mattress was fantastic and we enjoyed great sleeps during our 3 night stay.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for modern, updated accommodations
that are located in the heart of the city. It is within walking distance to all the waterfront attractions and to the great restaurants and pubs within the downtown area-we didn't need to use our car during our stay. We will definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wishing for a great Halifax experience.

4 Thank hsmill
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you hsmill for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Halifax. I am happy to hear that you found our accessible rooms to be both comfortable and efficient.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again real soon.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I really loved this hotel, it was so nice inside. The main lobby is amazing and everything was really clean. The food from the restaurant downstairs is very good and quick room service. My room had a king bed and also a microwave and fridge. But my favorite part of the room was defiantly the shower! The only issue I seemed to have was finding a parking spot along the street.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Snowyalberta
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you Snowyalberta for your visit and review. Our showers have been a huge hit so I am glad you got to enjoy it. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble finding parking along the street. Peak check-in time can offer some congestion, but our valet staff normally do a great job in directing guests on where to park for self-parking and/or valeting cars within a few minutes of arrival.

We loved having you and we look forward to having you again!

Have a great weekend!

Owen Sound, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel feels like you are at home. The staff are all so friendly, you think they have known you for years. We were booked into an executive suite with a kingsize bed, but asked about getting a waterview room. They gave us one with no issues. I highly recommend this hotel for tourists or the business person looking for a great place to stay. The location is one street up from the waterfront where there are numerous places to visit and lots of great eating establishments. The buildings around the Radisson combine the old wood and brick with the new glass building structure of today. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water on Floor #9.
5 Thank RainerSeelert
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you RainerSeelert for you visit and review. I am happy to hear that our staff were able to get you a waterview, as they do offer a great view of the Halifax Harbour. We look forward to being your home away from home the next time you are in Halifax!

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!

Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed here recently for a work function and the hotel is fantastic. We were thoroughly impressed with the new renovations and how wonderful the staff were. The rooms were beautiful, spacious and had all the amenities you'd look for. The sleep number beds cannot be understated, either. Made for a great night's sleep! Thanks for your excellent service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Manglor82
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you Manglor82 for your recent visit and review. We are elated to hear that you both enjoyed your time with us and the transformation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a great long weekend!

New Glasgow, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I had just proposed to my girlfriend and had reserved 2 nights at the Radisson Halifax to celebrate, to our surprise we were instantly upgraded to a suite and when we walked into our room there was a bottle of champagne and a handwritten congratulatory card waiting for us. The room itself was FANTASTIC it was almost as big as our first apartment. The décor was beautiful and everything looked very expensive and extravagant. The bathroom was upgraded with high end fixtures and the entire place was spotless and had everything we needed and more. We ordered room service several times and the food was excellent and it arrived very quickly and hot to the room. When we parked and walked in, the lobby was astonishingly beautiful and the front desk service was amazing. We decided to go with valet parking which was fast and easy and I don't regret the decision at all as it was an excellent feature that the hotel provided. I cannot say enough good things about the staff at the hotel, every single person provided excellent service especially one woman by the name of Lynn Davis. Lynn made our whole experience special and I really felt like an honored guest, she went way above and beyond any expectations that I had for this hotel. This was by far the nicest hotel I have ever been to and I have visited a lot of hotels in my time and I will defiantly be back for future visits any time I stay in the Halifax area. Like I said on a scale of 1 to 5 I would give the Radisson Halifax 100!

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be fantastic as they are all nice.
1 Thank Phillip S
Good morning Phillip S,

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your special celebration and I am elated to hear that you throughly enjoyed your two nights with us. Your praise and review are appreciated so thank you also for that. I will be sure Lynn gets the recognition she deserves as she is a great asset to our team. We look forwad to hosting you again.

Cheers and have a fabulous weekend!

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Radisson (Halifax/Hollis St.) was my best hotel experience. The rooms were comfortable, clean and roomy. All staff were helpful and pleasant. Lots of amenities. Reasonable rates. Complimentary breakfast - $23.00 breakfast coupon (per person) for restaruant in Building. Good value. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abytiamo
Greetings abytiamo,

I am pleased to hear that we offered you your best hotel experience! We do appreciate the recognition and praise, so thank you for that. Thank you also for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great long weekend!