“Have you visited Radisson Halifax recently?”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Have you stayed with Radisson Halifax recently? Well you are missing out if you haven't! I recently stayed there for business on October 8th, 2013 and I was BLOWN AWAY by their renovations completed in February 2013! This hotel is a premier destination in Halifax, and it begins when you enter the lobby. Crisp, fresh and modern decor has brought new life to this hotel in one of my favorite cities. The front desk staff (especially Meghan) are more than accommodating and professional. The rooms are spacious with separate sleeping quarters and the living/kitchenette area is absolutely stunning. We had a water view and it is definitely worth the upgrade! The price is comparable to any hotel rate in this beautiful city and everything is within a short walking distance. I fell in love all over again with this hotel and its staff and I have already booked my next stay with my husband and children in November! Well done Radisson!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Carla S
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Greetings Carla S,

I would like to thank you for your visit and the time you took to complete your review. As a past guest we appreciate your comments on our 'transformation'. I am happy we did not disappoint and I look forward to your next visit ith the family in November.

See you then!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We loved everything about this Radisson! We were greeted each and ever time we entered the lobby by wonderful smiling faces, and a genuine welcome by the front desk staff. Craig was a wonderful source of information and always eager to help with directions and ideas for our daily touring. All of the lobby staff were personable, friendly and approachable, making a good first impression! Our room was on the 8th floor with a harbour view...it was an amazing sight to pull the curtain back each morning and see the activity in the harbour. The room was beautifully decorated the bed was very comfortable and the kitchenette was perfect for us. It is walking distance to most attractions including PIER 21 and the Citadel, the Maritime Museum was one street over, and could be seen directly below our window. Perfect place, perfect staff and great service, would highly recommend to anyone planning a trip to Halifax. Also close to many restaurants, including our favourite with family style cooking at the Bluenose, just down the street. Great area to stay and enjoy touring Halifax. AC/DC. WPG

6  Thank DonLynski

Good morning DonLynski!

I would like to thank you for your visit and wondefull review. I am happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to give Craig a 'pat on the back' as he is a 'gem' and appreciates the recognition. In agreement, those harbour views are definately amazing and I am glad you got to experience it.

I appreciate your business and hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

A modern, well located hotel in central Halifax that was within walking distance of most things we wanted to see. We had a spacious, quiet and comfortable king bed suite looking out over the harbour. Everything worked as expected although we had some minor quibbles with the bathroom: whilst the mirror lighting may be avant-garde, it doesn’t project much light into the bathroom which turned shaving or making-up into guesswork. They did have a magnifier mirror with built-in light but the functionality of that was only a little better. In addition, the bathroom is of the ‘showcase’ variety where a glass wall looks out over the bedroom to the harbour view beyond. Nice from the inside but unless you want to put on a cabaret whilst showering you need to lower the venetian blind to veil your ablutions - which then becomes saturated. We have experienced these elsewhere where they worked much better and it comes across as an underdone novelty. HS wireless internet was included but parking costs extra – in a vacant lot on the adjacent corner. The food at the Ryan Duffy restaurant annexed to the hotel was superb. We have stayed elsewhere in downtown Halifax but this will be our default choice in future.

3  Thank Tedstravelblogs
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Greetings Tedstravelblogs,

I trust your trip to Canada was most enjoyable! Thank you for your visit and review, both are greatly appreciated. I apologize to you for the bathroom lighting and will be sure to have our maintenance team look into it a bit further. We look foward to your next visit!

Best regards and thanks again!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were very impressed with the staff right from the get go! Very helpful and friendly. We had the stay and park package that included valet parking which made us feel like we were getting the VIP treatment for sure! (you can upgrade to valet for $5 more if it's not included in your stay). Our king size suite was very stylish and the pillows and bed were super comfortable! I didn't even notice a comfort difference from the bed we have at home!
We stayed 2 separate nights, Wednesday then on Sunday. Thursday afternoon, in New Glasgow, I realized I had forgotten my nightgown and my favourite cardigan in the room back in Halifax. Only really having travelled in Mexico and the Dominican Republic I assumed these items would be lost to the maid forever. When we checked in on Sunday I asked if the hotel had a lost and found and sure enough they had my items!
We ate at Ryan Duffy's in the hotel Sunday night. We ordered the surf and turf special and it was delicious!
The lounge/bar wasn't ready to open until the week after our stay but it looked amazing. The decor in this hotel is absolutely beautiful!
The location was fabulous and we could walk to the places we wanted to go.
I would absolutely stay here again if i'm ever lucky enough to get to go back to Halifax!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites on the levels higher up have a better view of the harbour otherwise you'll be look...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa G
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Greetings Lisa G,

Thank you for your visits and review. I am glad to hear that we got the items you left behind back to you. Surprisingly enough, this is a common occurance in hotels. I am sorry you missed the opening of our lobby bar, but it is fully open now. If you are in our wondeful City again, we look forward to hosting you again.

Have a great week!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at this lovely modern hotel twice so far this year and each time the service and rooms have been top notch. Clean bright rooms, comfortable beds, stunning views of the halifax harbor and cruise ships, minutes from the famous waterfront and right in the cent of downtown business. Add the anything they can do service and this is by far and hands down the best deal going in downtown halifax. Cheers to the crew!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Jennifer G

Good morning Jennifer G,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. We appreciate your comments and it is great to hear that you found your stay 'outstanding'. You are welcome back any time and we look forward to that next visit.

Thnak you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here during our trip to Nova Scotia. I chose this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews as well as the location and proximity to the waterfront. We were not disappointed in our choice. My husband uses a wheelchair and we booked one of the accessible rooms (number 214). Upon checking in we were greeted by very friendly and helpful front desk staff which is always nice.
Our room was fantastic. Very large, and easy for my husband to move through with his wheelchair. The room had a kitchenette, living room and separate bedroom with it's own seating area. It was a very comfortable space. What made the room, however, was the comfort of the king sized bed. The mattress was fantastic and we enjoyed great sleeps during our 3 night stay.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for modern, updated accommodations
that are located in the heart of the city. It is within walking distance to all the waterfront attractions and to the great restaurants and pubs within the downtown area-we didn't need to use our car during our stay. We will definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wishing for a great Halifax experience.

4  Thank hsmill
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you hsmill for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Halifax. I am happy to hear that you found our accessible rooms to be both comfortable and efficient.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I really loved this hotel, it was so nice inside. The main lobby is amazing and everything was really clean. The food from the restaurant downstairs is very good and quick room service. My room had a king bed and also a microwave and fridge. But my favorite part of the room was defiantly the shower! The only issue I seemed to have was finding a parking spot along the street.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Snowyalberta

Thank you Snowyalberta for your visit and review. Our showers have been a huge hit so I am glad you got to enjoy it. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble finding parking along the street. Peak check-in time can offer some congestion, but our valet staff normally do a great job in directing guests on where to park for self-parking and/or valeting cars within a few minutes of arrival.

We loved having you and we look forward to having you again!

Have a great weekend!