The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Halifax(Halifax)
Waverley Inn(Halifax)
1,545 results
All reviewswarm cookiesbathroom mirrorrain showersuite hotelvalet parkingliving roomvalet servicesmall kitchenettemaritime museumwithin walking distanceharbour viewbeautiful hotelfront desk staffheart of downtownfridge and microwaveexcellent locationsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel is the best in the city in every way. The rooms are immaculate, service is friendly, and the decor is breath taking. Location is wonderful also as it is near so much. I will definitely be returning for a R and R visit.A first class hotel from arrival to departure.

Room Tip: 5th floor over looking the city and the water. It was very quiet and the view was amazing with huge clean windows.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank roakley
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Good morning to you roakley!

Thank you for your visit and review. We appreciate your comparison and praise. You are welcome back any time and we look forward to having you.

Have a fabulous day!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I just stayed at the best hotel ever!!! The Radisson in Halifax offers you a stay to remember. The modern decor is amazing but it's the staff and service that go above and beyond to make your stay complete. From the valet s warm greeting to the friendly staff at the desk, especially Jessica who cheerfully made sure our every need was met. The rooms were absolutely beautiful with a great view of the harbour. They were spotless and well equipped with the finest of furnishings. My only disappointment was that I couldn't stay longer. The service at this hotel is a great example of maritime hospitality.

Room Tip: Waterfront view was amazing. The suites are roomy and we'll equipped
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Charlene M
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you Charlene M for your visit and review. I am appreciative of your comments and your rating. I will be sure to share your comments with Jessica and the team. We look forward to showing you more Maritime Hospitality the next time you are in Halifax.

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Wonderful renovated property in the heart of Halifax. Staff are very attentive, spacious rooms are well appointed. Highly recommend for Business or pleasure. On site bar and restaurant are top of the line.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ggordon25

Good morning ggordon25,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. We appreciate your business and comments and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel in Halifax. The hotel was beautiful, and my room and service made me feel at home! I don't get many opportunities to go on vacation, due to long hours and and I have a 7 year old daughter, so the great experience at the Radisson was extra special for my daughter and I. The staff gave us all the information and more about Halifax, suppling us with walking maps and they even gave me a razor and shaving cream free of charge! Honestly I can say my experience at the Radisson was great till the very end. Even when checking out I didn't have to lift a finger. The two working at the front desk, a young lady named Katt, and a young gentlemen named Aaron took care of everything for me, even took my bags from my room to my car! My daughter was so impressed, it gave her a great impression of the city and its hospitality.
I'll make sure to suggest the hotel to all my friends and I'll be back Radisson!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maddy R
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Good afternoon CuteCaper,

Thank you for your recent visit and great review! I am glad to hear that we made you feel at home and that you got to spend some quality time with your daughter. You are welcome back at any time and we look forward to hosting you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I just stayed at the Radisson this weekend with a friend and her daughter in Room 403. This was my fourth stay at this property. My friend is a club Carlson member and has stayed there for years. She and I have known each other for years and met as teenagers and have both worked in the industry for years.

I walked in and was pleasantly greeted by the concierge/valet and commented on my surprise about the renovation. I had not stayed there since last December. He told me to wait until I saw the rooms.

The renovations have this transformed this property. I must admit I am unsure how I feel about it.
It is euro trendy, contemporary and a very cold decoration. We are in Halifax at a Radisson. The Radisson is not a W or perhaps they are rebranding to compete with the new ALT hotel at the airport. It is well done but not what I think of as Halifax. Miami- Milan perhaps.

The rooms have been completely redone.

Entry- you come into a foyer with laminate flooring, bathroom on your right and the galley kitchen on your left. The foyer is quite large but lacks a table and it a fair amount of wasted space in the room as it cannot be viably used as a living area and losing this space has reduced the size of the sleeping area.

Bathroom- There are only showers which has become a trend in the industry. The large rain head shower is quite lovely but could use some more pressure. The fittings are similar to one's we used in a property I managed elsewhere but that we opened 10 years ago. Sadly, despite a reservation for 3 there were only towels for 2 people. Even when the room was serviced by housekeeping the next day- towels for 2 were left. Obviously, I could call the front desk but housekeeping has a rooming list which would have listed the occupancy at 3. Small gestures like this save money for the hotel but skimp on customer service.

Bedroom- The beds at the Radisson have always been of a superior quality to similar brand hotel hotels. There are lots of outlets to plug in your various media and good lighting in the room.
Important to note in this renovation- The fold out sofa is now located IN the bedroom- you do not physically have 2 rooms as you did in the previous incarnation of this hotel. Families with children may wish to keep this in mind- putting the kids to bed and watching tv in the other room is no longer an option.

The renovation has been well done and though out albeit not to my personal taste. Housekeeping and the concierge services were superb.

However, the new trend look has brought out a bit of attitude with the guest service supervisor.
Her welcome or lack of it, was enough, to mar my friend's stay and lead her to decide to stay at another property such as the Marriot.

She and her daughter are world travellers. However, they are extremely low key and unassuming. My friend always says, never judge a book by it's cover. Jessica checked them in.
I have little doubt they may look slightly out of place in the new trendy atmosphere being cultivated but seriously- this is Halifax and a Radisson- Not the Ritz Carleton in New York!
They arrived and the valet welcomed then back as they had not been there since the renovation.
He would remember them as she is an excellent tipper!. They went to check in and met Jessica.
There was no welcome, no banter, no how was your trip. My friend mentioned that the renovations were new to her- nada nothing- as Jessica looked up the room reservation- the front desk phone rang- without a beat she picked up the phone and proceeded to have a conversation with another guest. Ok- that is her job- it happens all the time- but you acknowledge the person in front of you - you say excuse me and usually thank them for their patience during the interruption. Jessica found the reservation for 3- She then proceeded to lecture my friend that "lucky" there was a pull out sofa in the room as not all king rooms had pull out sofas. My friend explained, being unaware of the renovation, there were sofa in every room.
She had booked for 3. Jessica continued to go on about this. My friend felt unwelcome and unvalued as a customer.

It upset her. This hotel was part of her Christmas tradition with her daughter.
She was LUCKY to have a pull out sofa? Jessica was LUCKY to have her business.. In this case,
one guest service supervisor with attitude has cost this property a loyal customer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Good morning avalon8,

Please allow me to start by thanking you for your business and taking the time to post your detailed review. We are very proud of our renovation and what we have accomplished and appreciate all feedback we receive. I would like to apologize for your service experience with our Guest Services Supervisor, as I can assure you that this is not her normal service style; in fact, it is quite the opposite. I have spoken to Jessica and she is deeply sorry and apologizes also.

Regardless, as you know in our industry, we need to be sharp and polished at all times. Upon check-in you were booked and placed in one of our Studio King Suites, which by my assessment was not compatible for the number of guests in your travelling party. What should of been suggested, was a more appropriate larger full suite, with an offer of a tub or shower and a larger living space with a separate bedroom.

In closing, you are the customer and I can assure you that we value and appreciate your business. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Halifax.