“Incredible value for money.”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed in a one bedroom suite with the ocean view. The suite was spacious, clean, and quiet. Room service was prompt, and courteous.
The only downside is the parking. The parking lot is located down the street from the hotel, which makes it slightly inconvenient.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Patricia N
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Good morning to you Patricia N,

I want to thank you for your recent visit and review! I am elated to hear that you felt you received 'incredible value for the money'. Being an 'all suites' property certainly does add to the experience and the view is amazing. Although parking is not on site, we offer valet service, in addition to self-park to eliminate the inconvenience.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent hotel!

Friendly, upbeat and helpful staff. Very warm feeling all around.. Great kitchenette... Lots of space in the suite and obviously a great location and view!

Although there is no sauna, the gym/pool has everything I needed for a solid workout while on the road.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank D R
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Good morning D R,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am happy to read your praise and glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pro's
- Excellent location close to everything. Harbour is a short two blocks away.
- Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Excellent quality cardio equipment in fitness room.
- very clean pool.
- very clean rooms.Our 8th floor room faced south and had a nice view of the harbour.
- Quick response from Management to their on-line survey.

Con's
- We traveled in Dec 2013 for a 7 night stay. Our room felt cold most of the time as windows were poor quality.
- As a result of the poor window quality street noise was prevalent early in the morning as people travel to work and especially Thursday-Saturday night up until 3am.
- Hot tub water quality/cleanliness was questionable.
- Parking lot across the street is not paved so you have to do a little bit of puddle jumping to get to your vehicle when its raining.

Overall
- I would stay here again and recommend it to friends who wanted to be close to the downtown bar scene and would not mind noise. The staff at the Hotel are first rate.

Room Tip: - stay as high up as you can and get a east facing harbour view room to reduce street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaskatchewanViking68
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Good morning SaskatchewanViki...

Happy New Year to you! I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I thank you for the recommendation. I will certainly be sure to pass along you praise of the staff with them.

I am sorry to hear that there were elements of your stay that you were not happy with and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. All feed back is important to us and I will follow up accordingly.

When travelling to Halifax next time and looking for a room, please reach out to me directly and I will ensure we provide you with a quieter and more desireable room.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and appreciate being your hotel of choice when in Halifax.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for several years and have always enjoyed the stay. However, I was disappointed when on December 31st, 2013 a family member of mine suffered a medical emergency. I was booked into the Radisson for the night; however, due to the circumstances, I forgot to cancel my booking. I understand that hotels have a late cancellation policy, i.e. no show or late cancel = full amount $$, however, I was surprised that I was charged the full amount even after explaining my situation. I have had a similar experience in the past at the Lord Nelson Hotel and after explaining my situation to them, they did not charge me anything, and in fact, wished my family member the best of luck. The Radisson has lost not only my business as a result of this, but my entire family`s business as well.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Good morning KMason87,

I would like to thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of the medical emergency with your family member and I hope they are doing better.

By way of an explanation, we honor all reservations made with us in 'good faith' and on this particular night we were completely 'sold-out', as it was New Year's Eve. I have reached out to you both by phone and e-mail, but have not yet heard back. I look forward to speaking with you soon to discuss this further.

All the best,

902 429 4371
jamie.bolduc@radissonhalifax.com

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Staff were amazing, helpful and great with our 4 little children (ages 9 months to age7)! Service was fantastic for families. We had a wonderful few days staying at this hotel and will make this hotel our first choice anytime we go to Halifax. We enjoyed the discovery centre nearby too. The only comments are the pool is a bit cool (at least for the parents), and the breakfast was fine with cereal, yogurt, fruit...but if you wanted more, you might need to go elsewhere. We recommend this for families.
Jf

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jfb500
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you Jf to you and your family for your visit, as it was a pleasure hosting you over the Christmas holiday. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

I would like to wish you and your family all the best is 2014!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

It has been several years since we stayed at this hotel and it has been renovated since that time.
The check in was great and we were given a room with a spectacular view and in a quiet area of the hotel as per street noise by Jessica. I had mentioned that my daughter had just turned 18 and much to our surprise, a complimentary gift basket was given to my daughter with a wonderful hand written card which she will keep. She and her friend were very impressed with the helpful and personable treatment by Jessica and the Front Desk staff at this hotel throughout our whole stay. The only small glitch was an error on the initial charge which was rectified and I would have been pleased if it had not been as it was in our favor as per our points status!
The renovations are very good, the pool and fitness areas much improved. The rooms, suites really are spacious and comfortable and an excellent comparable value.
I expect we will return as there is a great deal to be said for staying at the Radisson Hotel, Halifax! NS

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room on an upper floor facing the Halifax Harbor, though the other suit...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jane22013
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Good morning Jane22013,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and great review. I hope your daughter had a great birthday and I am glad to hear our team, particularly Jessica, jumped to action in recognition of her special day. I will be sure to share your praise with her.

Thank you again and all the best in 2014.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I love the look of this hotel, the interior is modern, comfortable and perfectly decorated. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and modern as well. When we arrived we were greeted by a the valet who was very friendly. He offered to park our car, for the extra fee however, we opted out. (I also feel the extra fee for parking, should be included in the price of your room).

I was disappointed in a number of ways with this hotel, but on the eve of my stay, I was simply too tired to voice my concerns or deal with the issues at hand. First, at check in we were greeted by a young girl who, for the quality of this hotel, was not appropriately dressed. Her hair was messy and her blazer was much too large for her; she simply looked unprofessional.

Once we arrived in our room, I was delighted with the view. When inspecting the bathroom however.. I found a rag that the maid must have dropped when cleaning, this rag was so dirty and full of cleaning products that it was completely stiff. The maid also seemed to not notice the fact that the shampoo she put back on the counter was 1/2 empty. Needless to say, I didn't use ANY of the products provided to us as I was unsure of which ones were used by previous guests and which were not.

Aside from these issues, I still enjoyed my stay here and will likely return to give this place a second chance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Good morning Krista L, and thank your for your visit and review.

I am glad to hear that you loved the hotel and apologize for problems you encountered. All of our associates are to be in full uniform at all times and although we do have a few new staff members awaiting proper uniforms, staff should always be professional and presentable when they they are, what we call 'on stage' and in front of the guest. In follow up to the dirty rag and bathroom amenities, I can assure you that this was a service oversight. I will be following up with our housekeeping department to ensure this 'attention to detail' is not missed in the future.

I appreciate your visit and comments and I look forward to seeing you again.

Have a Happy New Year!