“Great Experience!”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent location with easy access to everything downtown. Super friendly and helpful staff who provided great recommendations when asked. Rooms were clean, comfortable, really spacious with beautiful decor.

Awesome experience overall!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kaitlyn M
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Good morning to you Kaitlyn M,

Thank you for your visit and review. I am elated to hear that you had an awesome experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

We appreciate your business.

Have a fabulous day!

Jamie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is great, service was excellent, checking in was simple and easy, very clean, big rooms. The location is also perfect, right In downtown halifax. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in halifax!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Holly S

Good morning Holly S,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. We appreciate it very much. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

On Christmas Eve my wife and I had to leave an annual family dinner to quickly attend several unexpected business meetings in Halifax (from Alberta).

When we arrived at the Radisson Hotel on Christmas, the staff welcomed us with open arms. Most people are very bitter while working over the holidays, but the Radisson staff showed great hospitality and made us feel comfortable. The rooms were clean, tidy and professional. Although we would have preferred to spend Christmas in the comforts of our own home, the Radisson Hotel was a great alternative.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark H

Good morning Mark H,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you had to experience Christmas away from home; however, I am happy to hear that we made the experience a little bit better for you both. I will be sure to pass along your thanks to the staff that worked over Christmas also.

Thank you for your praise and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I recently stayed at the Radisson for the second time,and again was very impressed with the hospitality of the staff. Richard and Jessica were working the front desk during my stay and both were very friendly and personable :)

The room itself was very clean and spacious, and I had a lovely view of the harbour. The decor is very modern and inviting - I enjoyed spending time with my friends in such stylish lodgings. This is a top-of-the-line hotel, and I will definitely be staying here whenever I am downtown.

On another note, I absolutely loved the shower amenities and will have to get my hands on that soap, it is amazing :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylor D

Good morning Taylor D,

I would like to thank you for your continued patronage, as we appreciate being your hotel of choice when in the City. Richard and Jessica are great at what they do and I will be sure to pass along your praise to them. If you would like some bath amenities, that can certainly be arranged, just let us know.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Cheers,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed in a one bedroom suite with the ocean view. The suite was spacious, clean, and quiet. Room service was prompt, and courteous.
The only downside is the parking. The parking lot is located down the street from the hotel, which makes it slightly inconvenient.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Patricia N

Good morning to you Patricia N,

I want to thank you for your recent visit and review! I am elated to hear that you felt you received 'incredible value for the money'. Being an 'all suites' property certainly does add to the experience and the view is amazing. Although parking is not on site, we offer valet service, in addition to self-park to eliminate the inconvenience.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent hotel!

Friendly, upbeat and helpful staff. Very warm feeling all around.. Great kitchenette... Lots of space in the suite and obviously a great location and view!

Although there is no sauna, the gym/pool has everything I needed for a solid workout while on the road.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank D R
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Good morning D R,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am happy to read your praise and glad you enjoyed your time with us.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Pro's
- Excellent location close to everything. Harbour is a short two blocks away.
- Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Excellent quality cardio equipment in fitness room.
- very clean pool.
- very clean rooms.Our 8th floor room faced south and had a nice view of the harbour.
- Quick response from Management to their on-line survey.

Con's
- We traveled in Dec 2013 for a 7 night stay. Our room felt cold most of the time as windows were poor quality.
- As a result of the poor window quality street noise was prevalent early in the morning as people travel to work and especially Thursday-Saturday night up until 3am.
- Hot tub water quality/cleanliness was questionable.
- Parking lot across the street is not paved so you have to do a little bit of puddle jumping to get to your vehicle when its raining.

Overall
- I would stay here again and recommend it to friends who wanted to be close to the downtown bar scene and would not mind noise. The staff at the Hotel are first rate.

Room Tip: - stay as high up as you can and get a east facing harbour view room to reduce street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaskatchewanViking68
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Good morning SaskatchewanViki...

Happy New Year to you! I would like to thank you for your recent visit and review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I thank you for the recommendation. I will certainly be sure to pass along you praise of the staff with them.

I am sorry to hear that there were elements of your stay that you were not happy with and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. All feed back is important to us and I will follow up accordingly.

When travelling to Halifax next time and looking for a room, please reach out to me directly and I will ensure we provide you with a quieter and more desireable room.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and appreciate being your hotel of choice when in Halifax.