“THE BEST HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN HALIFAX!!!!”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
“THE BEST HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN HALIFAX!!!!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax. We were over from PEI for a family member to have day surgery at the VG hospital and found The staff to be caring, efficient and always polite.(better service than I have received staying in Walt Disney World's best hotels, they even arranged the early morning cab to the VG for us the night before and had the room cleaned early so my family member could rest after her surgery), the hotel is spotless, redecorated rooms are cool, pool area very clean and inviting.

The only thing I wish the hotel still provided was the room delivered continental breakfast they did several years ago (even if they had to increase room rates a bit to cover this it was a great perk).

Thanks to the great staff - we will be back soon!

Room Tip: All are nice!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank PEIGUY1
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Good morning to you PEIGUY1 and thank you for your visit and review! I am sorry to hear you could not be with us under better circumstances, but I am elated to hear that we made your visit an enjoyable one. We also certainly appreciate your comparison and your rating of us as "the best hotel in downtown Halifax".

Although not complimentary we can arranage a continental breakfast via room service in the morning; or perhaps better yet, we would be happy to offer you a rate inclusive of the same.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Jamie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The first call I made, I was Convinced, this is where I will be staying on everytrip to Halifax business or Personal, Lynn Davis is Fabulous, what a warm, inviting woman. Her Staff frendly, kind, helpful wonderful people. The Hotel is beautiful, the rooms are so elegant and clean..... Absolutely immaculate. totally Worth it. Can't wait to see you all again.

Room Tip: All of them are great.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wanda B
Good morning Wanda B,

Thank you for your visit and great review, as we appreciate both very much. I am happy that your entire experience, from booking through check out exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for your comments on your interaction with Lynn, our Guest Services Manager. I will be sure to share your praise with her. We look forwad to hosting you again and continuing with the fabulous service.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I spent 4 nights in this hotel last week. Surrounded by excellent restaurants and pubs, though not too close for noise carry, in the centre of the downtown business district, the property is staffed at the highest level of professionalism. They helped me prepare material for three focus groups, and found my favourite fountain pen when I lost it. The suites are large and well appointed. I have stayed very frequently in the Radisson Hotel Saskatchewan, the best hotel on the prairies in my view. I was delighted to note that the staff in Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax reached the same standard. Congratulations to the whole team! Halifax is fortunate to be home to this property.

Room Tip: There is a building construction site on one side of the hotel. Not an issue for the business travel...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John T
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you John T, for your visit and wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed your 4 days with us. We appreciate the praise, comparison and recommendation.

All the best and we lokk forward to seeing you again.

Have a great weekend!

Canso, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel has beautiful decor everywheres, in the lobby and in your room ! The staff were very friendly and helpful ....and they all seemed to love their job ! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.......thanks for the awesome stay !! :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Crystal74322
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Good morning Crystal74322,

I trust and hope you had a great weekend!

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the renovation and your experience. Thank you also for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Was immediately surprised by the size of the suite when I first opened the door. I couldn't see the end of it! Usually I have to compromise between premium location and room size. Not here! I was easily able to connect on fast Internet to work at night. There is a separate working desk (bar height) which made it perfect to meet with coworkers in the evening to review our presentations. In addition the sleeping area is completely separate from the lounge area, making it even more convenient and professional when meeting with coworkers. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and were happily pleased by the vast selection at reasonable price. I'm looking forward to stay again at this hotel for business or personal travel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Michele117
Good morning Michele117,

I would like to thank you for your visit and the time you took to complete your review. I am elated to hear that you found our suites spacious and that it meet your needs. We are an all-suite hotel and we find that the extra room does offer a unique experience, especially for those guest's that are spending time in their room to complete work separate from the sleeping space. We look forward to hosting you again.

Regards,

Edmonton , Alberta
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We really enjoyed our night at the Radisson. The hotel was beautifully renovated and very comfortable. I would stay in there again in a heart beat. The location is excellent and the staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. An awesome stay!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank ivorsdaughter
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Good morning to you ivorsdaughter,

Thank you for your visit and review. I am happy to hear you had an awesome stay and appreciate your praise. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Halifax.

Have a fabulous day!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Thanks Expedia to bring me to this lovely hotel in Halifax! It has a classy atmosphere and clean environment; the staff are super helpful and friendly ; the location is very convenient to any where I need to go and the the price is very reasonable. Thanks for every staff for the wonderful stay! I definitely highly recommend it!

Room Tip: the 8 floor has a nicer view of the ocean from the window, I think
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank 613happytraveler
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Good afternoon 613happytraveler,

I trust and hope you had a great weekend! I would like to thank you for your visit, review and recommedation. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Halifax!

Regards,