“Very nice hotel in downtown Halifax”

The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice hotel in downtown Halifax”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've recently stayed in a very comfortable One Bedroom Suite at this conveniently located hotel. The staff is very courteous and friendly. As I'd seen at their website, space is generous and tastefully appointed; the beds have mattresses with adjustable firmness and plenty of towels are to be found in the modern bathroom. There's a laundry room on the 3rd floor where you can do your own laundry for a few dollars, which is definitely an added bonus. Parking is 10 metres away, so self-parking proved to be a reasonable option.
My only reason for not rating this hotel as excellent was the unfortunate event of having had some unruly young guests on the same floor, who were loud and inconsiderate. The staff did what they could to try to solve the situation after I complained, and when this happened again the following night -it was a weekend- they tried to compensate with a complimentary breakfast (which was tasty). After completing a survey where I briefly detailed the fact, I received an email from the General Manager addressing the issue, a gesture I truly appreciate.
This hotel is so nice that I'm willing to give it another try (and I will), in the hope the party-goers were not the rule but just an exception.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Good afternoon JeyCe,

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to complete a detailed review. We appreciate both very much. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I would however, like to apologize to you again for the noise disruption from other guests during your visit. This is certainly not the norm, nor what we wish for. Although your overall rating of 'four star' is great, I am confident we can make it 5 stars next time.

All the best, thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Cheers,

Jamie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had originally booked a room for the evening of Saturday February 15th 2014 to celebrate Valentines Day and my birthday. However my cousin passed away the Thursday before therefore I had to cancel and reschedule for the following Saturday the 22nd of February. From the time we arrived check in was great and our suite was beautiful. When we entered the room on the bar table there was a basket with a card addressed to me as well as a bottle of wine and peanut brittle. I originally thought that perhaps a good friend of mine had sent it for my birthday. However after opening the card, I quickly realized that it was from the staff of the Radisson Suite Hotel expressing their deepest sympathy for the passing of my cousin and if I needed anything at all not to hesitate to ask. This was a touching gesture and greatly appreciated! By far the best hotel in Halifax right now. Every hotel and staff should take a few pointers from the amazing staff of the Radisson Suite Hotel. We will definitely be back:)

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kendrick L
Good morning Kendrick L,

I would like to extend my deepest condolences to you for the loss of your cousin. As difficult as this must be we appreciate your kind praise and recognition and you are most welcome. Clearly our staff made lasting impact and I will ensure they all get the 'pat on the back' they deserve. I am also sorry for the way you had to celebrate your birthday, but perhaps reach out to us again next year and make it up to you.

Thank you for your business and have an enjoyable weekend!

Nova Scotia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here in Feb during the Boat Show Event, cannot saying enough about this hotel, we usually stay here once a year as its meets our expectations, very good service, the newly renovations are beautiful. The rooms are very comfortable and walking distance to everything! Highly recommend the Radisson!

4 Thank lisleblanc
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Good morning lisleblanc!

I would like to thank you for your visit with us this past weekend. I hope you enjoyed the Boat Show and the wonderful weather. Thank you for your review and the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you for next year's Boat Show!

Best Regards,

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband, myself and our 2 school aged children just returned home following a week end in Halifax, which we spent overnight at the Radisson. Overall, we were very impressed with this hotel - the service was friendly and efficient, the quality of the furnishings was excellent and the entire property (from lounge to pool) felt very clean and fresh. Loved the suite we were in as if was very spacious! We have stayed at the majority of hotels in the downtown area and have come to the conclusion that from now on, we'll only be staying at the Radisson. The only downside to this restaurant was the room service breakfast that we ordered through Ryan Duffy's - it was delivered to our room on time, however the food was quite cold and the fruit salad was disappointing.

4 Thank SJP76
Good morning SJP76 to you and your family!

I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your weekend away from home with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to take advantage of our many services. Please allow me to apologize for your room service breakfast experience as this is not what we like to hear, or provide. Be assured that I will follow up.

Have a great week and we will see you next time.

Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a room at the Radisson in Halifax to celebrate Valentine's Day, and we had a wonderful stay.

Our room was clean and it was beautifully decorated. It had modern and stylish furnishings (nothing looked tired or dated!)

We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub facilities (the pool was clean and heated). The only downside is that the pool is a little on the small side. There weren't many people in it when we were there so it was fine ...but if there were a lot of people wanting to go swimming it could get pretty crowded.

The staff were extremely friendly, welcoming, and helpful.

Would love to go back and stay again!

Room Tip: If you book through Travelocity (or other similar booking sites) you can find good deals on rooms. W...
1 Thank Nicole O
Good morning Nicole O,

Thank you for spending your Valentine's Day with us. Thank you also for taking the time to complete your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you had a wonderful stay. I look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great week!

Morganton, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We couldn't have been more satisfied during our 5-night stay in Halifax. My wife & I have traveled widely, yet have never met more friendly, responsive, efficient staff. When I informed the staff of my severe reactions to fragrance, they washed all the linens in fragrance-free detergent and cleared the room of any fragrance. The room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. The location is perfect for walking to downtown restaurants, shops and the casino.

8 Thank traveler2b2014
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Good morning traveler2b2014,

Thank you for your recent visit and review! I am happy to hear that we were able to handle your fragrance concern to your satisfaction, allowing for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Your request was not an uncommon one and we are happy to accomodate. Thank you for your praise and have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax. We were over from PEI for a family member to have day surgery at the VG hospital and found The staff to be caring, efficient and always polite.(better service than I have received staying in Walt Disney World's best hotels, they even arranged the early morning cab to the VG for us the night before and had the room cleaned early so my family member could rest after her surgery), the hotel is spotless, redecorated rooms are cool, pool area very clean and inviting.

The only thing I wish the hotel still provided was the room delivered continental breakfast they did several years ago (even if they had to increase room rates a bit to cover this it was a great perk).

Thanks to the great staff - we will be back soon!

Room Tip: All are nice!
5 Thank PEIGUY1
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Good morning to you PEIGUY1 and thank you for your visit and review! I am sorry to hear you could not be with us under better circumstances, but I am elated to hear that we made your visit an enjoyable one. We also certainly appreciate your comparison and your rating of us as "the best hotel in downtown Halifax".

Although not complimentary we can arranage a continental breakfast via room service in the morning; or perhaps better yet, we would be happy to offer you a rate inclusive of the same.

We look forward to seeing you again!