“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I travel all over the province of Nova Scotia for business. The Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax is now one of my favourite place to stay. The bed was comfortable, the view was outstanding, the best of all was the staff!! Lynn & Trevor provided exceptional service during my 4 night stay. A moment of truth touched me when I was checking out, I apologized to Trevor (valet) that I did not have any cash to offer any tip for his services during my stay. I offered to have the tip charged to my credit card, however it was not possible. Trevor gracefully said it was his pleasure to serve me. I don't review on tripadvisor often, but this story is definitely worthy to be told. :)

Room Tip: One Bedroom Suite - worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank AC12345155019
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Good morning to you and thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate being your favorite place to stay while in Halifax and thank you for your business. I will be sure to pass along your praise of Lynn and Trevor to the two of them, as they are great at what they do and wonderful ambassadors of the hotel.

Thank you again and have a winderful day!

Jamie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Charlottetown
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I travel to Halifax approximately 6-8 times per year for business and pleasure! The Radisson is a great property conveniently located downtown! Their recent renovation is so amazing and modern! The views of Halifax from the higher level rooms are beautiful. The suites are great.. The only comment I would have is that they include wine corkers in the rooms!
Other than that- we love it and try to stay there when we can!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Marsha D
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Good morning to you Marsha D,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am glad you enjoyed our recent renovation. In agreement and thank you for the tip, yes the view from our higher floors are beautiful and one of a kind. My apologies for the cork screw, but I trust our staff was able to provide one to you expeditiously. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Best regards,

Ottawa
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one week in February for work. Although their business centre is very small (i.e. only 2 computers and a printer), the front desk staff was very accomodating and let me you use their office photocopy, etc for the work that I needed to get done. I also found the suites very nice, new, clean and spacious, the bathrooms quite nice, and the bed really comfortable. The pool and hot tub, are not luxurious, but still nice to have. Also the location is very central. I would certainly recommend the hotel for both business and leisure, and will be returning in May.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TalithaN
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Good afternoon TalithaN,

Thank you for allowing us to host you for your week in Halifax! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and we appreciate the feedback.

Thank you also for your review and we will see you in May!

Cheers,

Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have been staying at the radisson hotel Halifax for many years. I have always loved the hotel as well as the staff. The new renovations are wonderful,very tastefully done. The rooms are second to none. My wife and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Halifax. From the staff at the front desk to the doormen to the house keeping staff,you would be hard pressed to find better. They are all very friendly,and go above and beyond to make your stay as perfect as possible. The radisson is our home away from home.
We would highly recommend this hotel for its location, wonderful rooms, and the incredible staff.
Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Reggie S
Good afternoon Reggie,

Thank you for your continued patronage and review. We appreciate being your hotel of choice when travelling to Halifax. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team, as they work had and appreciate the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your 'home away from home'.

All the best and have a great week!

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've been coming to Halifax on average every four or five months, staying anywhere from a week to two weeks each time. After being "spoiled" with Starwood, I all but refused to stay anywhere but the Westin and Four Points. The Four Points, mostly for the Starpoints and cheap hotel room, and the Westin for a nice property.

Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the Westin, but I was pleasantly shocked by the quality of this Radisson location. The only other Radisson I have visited was such a horrible property that I was turned off the brand completely, but this particular hotel has given the Radisson brand another chance with me.

Both my boyfriend and I have decided that when possible, we will stay at the Radisson whenever possible, when we are in Halifax. The fact that every room is a suite is a major plus to me. The only other hotel reasonably close to offer an all suite hotel would be the Residence Inn, and of course the Radisson is leaps and bounds ahead in amenities. Plus, the Radisson has a great steakhouse, Ryan Duffy's, right downstairs. It is expensive for dinner, but they do have specials and I think it'd be worth the splurge every so often.

When checking in I was greeted promptly by a member of the hotel staff, and when asked my name, Jamie (the GM) was standing by and jumped in to the conversation when he heard my name. I was quite shocked that he recalled my name, stay, and a special request, from emails that took place weeks ago! Even during the last night's stay when we crossed paths in the lobby, he stopped me and asked how my stay was going.

As a Gold Elite member I walked in my suite to find a small gift basket with a bottle of Nova Scotia wine, and a bag of some sort of maple glazed nuts. There was also a personally written note left next to it, welcoming me to the hotel and wishing me a fantastic stay.

All of this is a far cry from the treatment I have received at any Starwood hotel, even with comparable reward status, which is what has lead us to deciding to stay with the Radisson during all future stays.

Ladies and gents, the Trip Advisor rating for this property is well deserved, and there's no reason in my mind why this property is rated as the number two hotel in Halifax.

Room Tip: As with any hotel in Halifax, a harbourview room is a must!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Thomas R
Good morning Thomas,

I hope and trust you had a fabulous weekend! Thank you for your visit and it was a pleasure hosting you. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay with us. We certainly appreciate the comparison and the time you took to draft your review. I will be sure to pass along your praise to the staff and they are here to welcome back any time. I look forward to making that next trip extra special also.

Until then.....

Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to spend a weekend in Halifax.. If anyone wants to visit this city in class - make sure you stay at the Raddison! Everything from the food, the room, the room service, the drinks at the lounge, the timing of cleaning, check-in and out, etc was perfect! I decided to splurge and get valet-service and my car was brought to me at an instant notice.

Trevor, who takes part in concierge, was very knowledgeable of the entertainment and local restaurants. He provided us with numerous recommendations, which we thought was pretty cool. I would have to say he is the "go-to guy" if you want to know the best places to go to when going out on the town!

Room Tip: Top floor harbour view - you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Derek J
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Good afternoon Derek J,

Thank you for the visit and review. Trevor is a great asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along your comments and praise to him. I am happy to hear we made your weekend enjoyable and look forward to having you stay again. We appreciate being your hotel of choice when in Halifax.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've recently stayed in a very comfortable One Bedroom Suite at this conveniently located hotel. The staff is very courteous and friendly. As I'd seen at their website, space is generous and tastefully appointed; the beds have mattresses with adjustable firmness and plenty of towels are to be found in the modern bathroom. There's a laundry room on the 3rd floor where you can do your own laundry for a few dollars, which is definitely an added bonus. Parking is 10 metres away, so self-parking proved to be a reasonable option.
My only reason for not rating this hotel as excellent was the unfortunate event of having had some unruly young guests on the same floor, who were loud and inconsiderate. The staff did what they could to try to solve the situation after I complained, and when this happened again the following night -it was a weekend- they tried to compensate with a complimentary breakfast (which was tasty). After completing a survey where I briefly detailed the fact, I received an email from the General Manager addressing the issue, a gesture I truly appreciate.
This hotel is so nice that I'm willing to give it another try (and I will), in the hope the party-goers were not the rule but just an exception.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Good afternoon JeyCe,

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to complete a detailed review. We appreciate both very much. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I would however, like to apologize to you again for the noise disruption from other guests during your visit. This is certainly not the norm, nor what we wish for. Although your overall rating of 'four star' is great, I am confident we can make it 5 stars next time.

All the best, thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Cheers,