The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Halifax, Canada
“Great!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, modern and clean rooms. The service is very friendly and room were well stocked. Price was great for the time we spent right in downtown, location is perfect, close to many restaurants! Pool was okay small and a little warm but nice, exercise room looked nice as well only wish I had brought my gym clothes. The walls are a little thin but we were out most of the time and you can't help small kids when it's march break. Only other small thing was that we asked twice to not have the paper delivered and after two days they continued again, only a little frustrating but no biggy at all. Overall great rooms and service !

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JDHaligonian
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Good morning JDHaligonian,

I hope your weekend is going well! I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I apologize for you receiving a newspaper at your door, when requesting otherwise. Attention to detail is important to us and we realize even the small things count, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers and have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.

Jamie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Pugwash, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We spent one night with our kids at the Radisson over March break. We had a junior suite on the 3rd floor that felt too cramped to be comfortable. The dinette had no dishes, cutlery or wine glasses. Rather pointless. There was no tub which was hugely disappointing. We hoped for a good night's sleep at least but no, the walls are paper thin and we could hear all the noise in the hallway from people getting on and off the elevator. There is a pool and restaurant in the basement, the pool was small, the water was warm though and this area was really clean and maintained. We didn't try the restaurant. Overall, we left bleary eyed and sickly from lack of sleep, and the front desk clerk kind of shrugged, didn't offer a discount. Parking is provided across the street at an extra fee of $21 including tax, this is for self-parking.

Room Tip: Not sure if any of the rooms are more sound proofed, you can ask.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank westhoffen
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Good morning westhoffen,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and I would be happy to discuss this further with you. We appreciate your feedback.
If you would be so kind as to reach out to me by either phone or email I would greatly appreciate it.

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you,

(902) 429-4371 direct
jamie.bolduc@radissonhalifax.com
Fredericton, NB
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were in town to visit our daughter and chose this hotel because of the good ratings from other reviewers. I'll break this down in point form starting with the bad.

BAD
* The beds. One of the reasons I chose this hotel was because of the "Sleep Number" beds and they sounded appealing. They're not. We had a remote control for each of the two queen (double?) beds and both remotes only controlled the one bed.The Sleep Number gimmick turns out to be pretty much just an inflatable mattress with remote-controllable firmness.

GOOD
* Everything else.
* The rainshower shower head was awesome. If we didn't have to check out, I'd still be in there.
* We had a suite with a sitting room. The sitting room was spacious and nicely decorated, but we were there for only a night so didn't use it much
* Staff. The hotel parking lot was full when I tried to park our car, so they upgraded us to valet parking for no additional fee and parked it for us. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Overall a good experience. Beds aside, I have nothing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Good morning ClubFred0,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I hope you enjoyed your time with your daughter in our wonderful city. Please allow me to apologize for your experience with our "Sleep Number Beds". If you would be so kind as to reach out to me and let me know what suite you were in, I would greatly appreciate it, so that we can fix the problem for the next guest.
Thank you also for your positive feedback and I am happy to hear that, outside of the bed issue, everything was great.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Halifax.

Have a fabulous day!

Singapore
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The Radisson Suite hotel in Halifax is awesome. From the front desk reception through to the other staff are very professional and helpful.
The rooms are fantastic. So spacious,modern and clean. The extra room compared to standard hotel rooms is very welcome.
The hotel is very convenient to the harbour side walk in Halifax and museums and restaurants/bars....can not ask for a better location.
Thanks to the great information provided by Amelia (front desk), I caught one of the best cover bands going around in Halifax (Signal Hill).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Gabsy17
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Good morning Gabsy17, and I hope and trust your weekend is going well. Thank you for the great review and we appreciate you chossing to stay with us. I am happy to hear that we did not disappoint. Amelia is a true 'gem' and I will ensure she gets the 'pat' on the back she deserves. We hope to see you agian the next time you are travelling to Halifax.

Have a great day!

alberta
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We requested an early check in as our plane landed at 6:30 am....arrived at hotel at 8:30 a.m to find staff awaiting our arrival and our room ready! Jamie had even upgraded our room to top floor corner suite with gorgeous view:-) Exceptionally welcoming friendly professional staff at check in.Suite is surprisingly large,clean with contemporary furnishings.Bed is sooo comfortable! Had a wonderful meal at the hotel restaurant..Ryan Duffy's and quick friendly room service as well. Had such a great experience here we decided to spend two more nights there...would highly recommend this hotel.Can't thank staff enough for their hospitality:-)

Room Tip: Ask for top floor corner suite
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lauriedrumheller
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Good afternoon to the both of you and thank you for your visit and review. I trust and hope your travels through Nova Scotia this week has been equally enjoyable. It was my pleasure to provide the upgrade and I look forward to hearing about your week in our wonderful Province when you arrive back with us tomorrow. By the way, it is Happy Hour in our lobby bar 'Fax tomorrow 4:30pm - 7:00pm, perhaps I will see you there.

Cheers,

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with kids while visiting Halifax for work / March break vacation. Was one of best hotel stays - great staff very clean and awesome modern rooms. The pool and gym are also nice. Close to lots of restaurants and tourist traps. Perfect for family or business

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Jimmyytravel
Good afternoon Jimmyytavel,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. It is great to hear that your stay with us was 'perfect' and we look forward to seeing you again.

Have a great day!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I travel all over the province of Nova Scotia for business. The Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax is now one of my favourite place to stay. The bed was comfortable, the view was outstanding, the best of all was the staff!! Lynn & Trevor provided exceptional service during my 4 night stay. A moment of truth touched me when I was checking out, I apologized to Trevor (valet) that I did not have any cash to offer any tip for his services during my stay. I offered to have the tip charged to my credit card, however it was not possible. Trevor gracefully said it was his pleasure to serve me. I don't review on tripadvisor often, but this story is definitely worthy to be told. :)

Room Tip: One Bedroom Suite - worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank AC12345155019
Good morning to you and thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate being your favorite place to stay while in Halifax and thank you for your business. I will be sure to pass along your praise of Lynn and Trevor to the two of them, as they are great at what they do and wonderful ambassadors of the hotel.

Thank you again and have a winderful day!