The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
New York Mills, Minnesota
“Excelent!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just went for a small trip the last year, and i didnt have time to share my stay.
The rooms are so confortable, and good size.
The ubication of the hotel is the best, and also part of the staff recommend me few places to go.
Just excelent !!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mel w
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Good afternoon Mel w,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed the hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Jamie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Shubenacadie, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My First Experience with the Radisson and my room was Way way way beyond what I expected. My room was very sexy with a shower window. Im talking Lay in bed and watched my Partner shower sexy. thank you so much for having such a fabulous room that will be asking for!!!!

Room Tip: The Pool was small but the Hot tub was great!!! Room 302 in the back of the Hotel were very quiet an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey P
Good morning Tracey P,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I see that you were placed in one of our studio suites with the shower window feature and I am glad that you enjoyed it. These suites are by special request, so keep that in mind the next time you book.

Have a great week and we will see you next time.

Toronto
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Radisson for business and was pleasantly surprised. I very much enjoyed the layout, design and freshness of the suite. The room was top notch with decor and comfort. Appreciated how spacious it was compared to other hotels. Room was immensely clean minus the bathroom counter top which had grim reminders of a previous guest but this was minor. Room felt like home and bed was really comfortable.

Front desk staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. This hotel overall was amazing and up to my high standards. They could teach the other hotels a thing or two.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank mskien
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Good morning klam,

Thank you for your recent stay and 'Top Notch' review rating! I am glad you enjoyed the new look and renovation. I apologize for the bathroom vanity cleanliness and can assure you this is not norm, nor is it acceptable. I will be sure to follow up, as 'attention to detail' is extremely important to us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Best regards,

Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We travel frequently to Halifax for business.. We took our children here last weekend, and they absolutely loved everything! There was so much room for us in the suite, and the pool and hot tub were fabulous. So close to family restaurants, and the waterfront!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Marsha D
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Good afternoon Marsha,

Thank you for the review and we were happy to host! I am glad you enjoyed your visit away from the Island with the family. Back to school next week for the kids, and I assume back to work for you. See you soon and have a great weekend!

Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just got back from a great stay at Radisson Halifax while on business call in Dartmouth. Front Desk were very friendly and customer focused, and a big thumps up to the British guy who gave excellent service. Got a great (clean and modern) suite with seperate bedroom. Very friendly staff at housekeeping.

Great to get a swim before my business meetings.

Only negative was the lack of info regarding seperate cost for breakfast, but this won't stop me from visiting you guys next time I visit NS:) Will definently recommend to my business contacts!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank silvermembership
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Good morning silvermembership,

I trust and hope you had a great weekend! I would like to thank you for your recent stay and review. It is great to hear that your stay was great and I will be sure to give thanks to Aron (British Guy) for you. With regard to our breakfast offering we do have our room service and restaurant menus posted in our suites, in our guest directories. Regardless, I apologize as perhaps your room may have been missing one. I will be sure to follow up.

I appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel, modern and clean rooms. The service is very friendly and room were well stocked. Price was great for the time we spent right in downtown, location is perfect, close to many restaurants! Pool was okay small and a little warm but nice, exercise room looked nice as well only wish I had brought my gym clothes. The walls are a little thin but we were out most of the time and you can't help small kids when it's march break. Only other small thing was that we asked twice to not have the paper delivered and after two days they continued again, only a little frustrating but no biggy at all. Overall great rooms and service !

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JDHaligonian
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Good morning JDHaligonian,

I hope your weekend is going well! I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. I apologize for you receiving a newspaper at your door, when requesting otherwise. Attention to detail is important to us and we realize even the small things count, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers and have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again.

Pugwash, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We spent one night with our kids at the Radisson over March break. We had a junior suite on the 3rd floor that felt too cramped to be comfortable. The dinette had no dishes, cutlery or wine glasses. Rather pointless. There was no tub which was hugely disappointing. We hoped for a good night's sleep at least but no, the walls are paper thin and we could hear all the noise in the hallway from people getting on and off the elevator. There is a pool and restaurant in the basement, the pool was small, the water was warm though and this area was really clean and maintained. We didn't try the restaurant. Overall, we left bleary eyed and sickly from lack of sleep, and the front desk clerk kind of shrugged, didn't offer a discount. Parking is provided across the street at an extra fee of $21 including tax, this is for self-parking.

Room Tip: Not sure if any of the rooms are more sound proofed, you can ask.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank westhoffen
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Good morning westhoffen,

I would like to thank you for your visit and review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and I would be happy to discuss this further with you. We appreciate your feedback.
If you would be so kind as to reach out to me by either phone or email I would greatly appreciate it.

Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you,

(902) 429-4371 direct