“Quiet and new rooms”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Tillsonburg, Canada
“Quiet and new rooms”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great staff to check us in and well done rooms. Lots of pillows, plenty of sheets and covers and a very nice rainshower shower head. Room was quiet from the inside noises but some noises could be heard from outside. We had a harbour view with the HMS Halifax docked almost right out front. We could walk to anyplace downtown in minutes. Paid parking was cramped on saturday night.
All in all a nice place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank outandabout4u
David C, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay. It looks like you were here over the Canada Day Weekend. As part of the festivities, the Canadian Navy dock one of their ships on the docks at the foot of Sackville Street. The weather cooperated as well.

David Clark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here the end of June. It was an excellent choice. All the staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. The room was very comfortable and spacious . It was a one-bedroom suite located on the third floor and had a partial view of the waterfront. It was clean and quiet. There was a small kitchenette with a coffee machine and microwave but no kettle. Crockery and cutlery need to be requested if required. Complimentary coffee is available in the downstairs bar and the cucumber infused iced water in the foyer was a delight on a hot day. There are also laundry facilities available on the third floor. The hotel is central to all the attractions of Halifax . We really enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to recommend it and would definitely stay there again if we ever return to Halifax.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hopi
David C, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you very much for the great review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay.

I am pleased to advise that over the summer months we will be placing dishes and cutlery in all guest rooms for the convenience of our guests. You will no longer need to request dishes and cultlery for your suite.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Suite Hotel.

We hope to welcome you again.

Gardiner, Montana
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent two nights at the Radisson Suite Hotel. The stay was exceptional! The entire facility was spotless, the beds were amazingly comfortable, the oversized rain head shower head was wonderful, and the staff answered many many questions from us and did so in an exceptional manner! The room itself was very modern and looked as though it had gone through a recent renovation. This property is within easy walking distance to the waterfront, excellent restaurants and at least 2 local breweries.
The only negative that I have is about the self serve laundry areas. The washers only filled one half of the tub, and the dryers were very uneven in their drying. Because of this, it took myself and others who were doing laundry far far longer than we had anticipated.
Overall, I highly recommend this property if you need to stay in Halifax. It is exceptional!

Room Tip: We enjoyed a view facing the water.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Relaxandtravel200
DavidajClark, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and that you had a chance to visit many areas of our city.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the issue with the guest laundry. I will address this immediately. I apologize for the inconvenience in this area.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Although I was only there for 1 night, my stay was memorable.
Location is perfect for business or touring downtown Halifax but location without service or cleanliness isn't worth much...this hotel hits every point with flying colors!
It starts with great service at the front desk and from the concierge. Even management was there to welcome me and my colleague.
The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and met all of my needs and much, much more!!!
Definitely on my must return list for my next trip to Halifax!

Room Tip: I lucked on and got a partial view of the harbor.
7 Thank LucR1313
David C, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for the great rating of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read your positive comments, in particular the service and cleanliness comments.
We are fortunate to have a Clef d'or Concierge member on staff who has been very helpful with raising the level of service at the hotel. The Cleg d'or Concierge can be identified by the Gold Key(s) on their uniform collar.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax.

General Manger
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax Nova Scotia; this was not our first time as we were here in 2011, and it was excellent then. The fact that they completed a 7M dollar renovation to the hotel was certainly a bonus...yet our reasonable rate did not change; gotta like that!

The lobby was beautiful with an opened concept with a cocktail bar (beer too) on the side with a window view; where complimentary fresh coffee and tea were available 24/7 and during the early AM fruit and granola bars were there for a morning health munch.

The room was above and beyond our expectations; a large living room area with a kitchenette, pull out L-shaped sofa, large flat screen, ergonomic desk and chair with complimentary Wi-Fi. The bathroom was quite spacious with all the amenities' you need; with doors to both the living area and bedroom... convenient.

Every staff member we met was courteous, friendly, suggestive and would do anything to better your stay with them. You rarely have a family atmosphere in a 4+ to 5 star hotel.

While my wife was in meetings I took the opportunity to check out 4 other major hotels (once a GM of a major hotel myself for 5 years; always one) and although most had recently gone under renovations, none were comparable to the Radisson; and that`s before you compare the Radisson`s exceptional customer service from all departments.

In Halifax, this is the place to stay down town...I know we`ll be back next month.

Final note: of the over 100 hotels, motels, lodges, cabins and B&B`s in the past 25 years; this is the first location that I have scored a perfect 5 of 5 excellence.

``The reward for a job well done is the opportunity to do more``
... Jonas Salk MD

Regards;

A.E. MacDonald

Room Tip: We stayed in room 815; I checked out other rooms which were all excellent; but, the 15 series was ou...
9 Thank AE M
Wow, thank you for your great review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

As a new General Manager for this hotel, I am fortunate to begin my time here with the great team we have and of course the newly renovated hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and visiting Halifax. We hope to welcome you again.

Calgary
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

At first I was disappointed in the Radisson Suites. It took over a half an hour for check in. When we got the room it was nothing like the pictures (at 150 a night) there was a used coffee filter in the coffee pot, and the carpets need a steam clean.

The location is fantastic, everything within walking distance.

I think the thing that sets this hotel apart from others is the amazing staff who work here. They were more than apologetic about the wait time for our room, and are so helpful when it comes to the little things. Overall, I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Realitycheck08
David C, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 23 June 2014

I am pleased to read that you will return again. I can assure you that I will investigate the items noted regarding the guest room. This is certainly not the norm for our hotel and I appreciate you letting us know so that we can prevent such occurances in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was recently renovated and has one of the most contemporary designs I`ve seen at a hotel. My room was very spacious and modern. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location of the hotel is just one block from the harbor!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have Sleep Number beds. I assume this can be requested when making a reservation.
6 Thank Jen J
Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us while visiting Halifax.

Currently, all of the guest rooms that have Queen beds have the Sleep Number System. Requesing a room with a queen bed will ensure guests receive the sleep number system.