“Halifax Business Trip”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
St. John's, Canada
“Halifax Business Trip”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Staff was very friendly, room was clean, modern and updated, breakfast and restaurant was also very good. In heart of downtown. Airport is quite a ways outside of Halifax so it's about a 70 dollar cab far to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vanessa P
Barry G, Interim General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Vanessa P,

Thank you very much for submitting your Trip Advisor review of the Radisson Suites Hotel Halifax.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoued your stay with us and that you enjoyed our friendly staff, great food and guestrooms.

Our downtown hotel is located approximately 50 kilometers from the airport. We do also offer a shuttle to and from Halifax Stanfield International Airport at a very reasonable cost, which runs between all downtown hotels at various times throughout the day as an option for all guests.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Montreal
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotel was perfect. Every one of the staff members was wonderful and they all had great personalties. My stay was during the playoffs, and my Habs were still in it, a lot of fun hockey talk\trash talk ! Seriously, Maple Leafs fans ??!

The room was clean, spacious and very quiet. Not to mentioned, this hotel is well situated.

It was my first time in Halifax. The reason for this trip, was for my mom. It was a birthday gift for her to visit Pier 21, the immigration museum. My mom came here to Canada from Italy when she was young, and she always wanted to go back.

My parents loved the experience, especially my mom. Even though she was young, she remembered so much. The boat, the smell of the bread, conversations with her mom. The memories flooded back, and I realized that this was a full circle trip for her.

We also did the Alexander Keiths Beer tour. We loved it! We were taken back in time, and entertained. It was a lot fun, and we got to sample some beer, ok, a couple of pints! We ate at the pub (2x) and it was very good. I recommend it.

Unfortunately, the time we were in Halifax, it was very cold, colder than usual for late May. So walking on the port was quite chilly to say the least!

All in all, this was a wonderful trip to experience with my parents. I recommend visiting Halifax and stay at this hotel. It's clean, well situated. We were only there for a couple of days, so we didn't get to experience much more. But from what I can see, it's a place to return.

And Thanks again to the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank GiovannaHabsFan
Barry G, Interim General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for submitting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I was extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was wonderful to hear that your mother got to expierience Pier 21, and the many memories associated with that facility. How exciting for her to revisit history! It was great also that you got to expierience Alexander Keiths and the historic Halifax waterfront. As you know our hotel is close to all those venues in Halifax.

Thank you once again for your response, and we look forward to welcoming you again to Halifax and the Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax.

Barry Gallant - Interim General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have been to Halifax 3 times in the past 2 years and this is the only Hotel I will ever stay in.
The first time I stayed was before it was totally renovated. I choose the Radisson Suite Hotel because of its location. It is walking distance to the waterfront and to numerous restaurants. The hotel was very old and in need of a desperate update but I decided to book it again because of Abe,Vickie and Craig at the front desk. The Hotel now is absolutely beautiful! The rooms (bedroom, bathroom, sitting and eating area) are very spacious and modernly furnished. Each room has a microwave, mini fridge and a single cup coffee machine. There is a bar that serves food and drinks in the lobby. Parking is available for a surcharge, but this isn't necessary. Meters are free after 6:00p.m. and on weekends. Lynn Davis (Guest Services Manager) and her staff Vickie, Jessica M.,Katt, Meghan, Craig, Jessica C., Amelia and Aron are very efficient and extremely helpful. I never walked by the front desk without one of them
acknowledging me and always saying "Hi". Abe, is now head of Housekeeping and any issue I had (usually running low on coffee) was dealt with quickly and efficiently. Staying here, is like a "Home away from home". I highly recommend people stay here, you will love this friendly staffed hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. You get a lovely view of the Harbour.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank JJMK-13
David C, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

This review made my day. I have shared it with all of the team members.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax.

We hope to welcome you again.

NB, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for two nights for a family wedding. This is an all-suite hotel in the heart of Halifax, just a few minutes' walk from the waterfront. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and well supplied with bottled water, towels, and bathroom amenities. I enjoyed thoughtful touches like a padded area on the coffee table to put your feet on! The overhead shower was excellent. The rooms are not square and there isn't a right angle in the suite, so be prepared for that.

Like all city hotels parking is a bit tricky--there's valet (for an extra charge) or self-parking in a nearby lot. Many good breakfast restaurants nearby as well--and I'd recommend those rather than the in-house Ryan Duffy's where our breakfast was a bit disappointing (see separate review).

The location was great for our needs and the reception staff were very helpful and pleasant.

4 Thank Dalry
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay.

You are correct, there are not too many right angles in the hotel. The hotel was a conversion from an office building many years ago. We just finished a 7.5 million dollar renovation and furnishing the rooms was a test of imagination, however, we are very pleased with the results.

Thank you for the great review and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax.

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am a travel agent and I was lucky enough to win a free night at The Radisson YHZ. I had dealt with the Sales Manager and she was wonderful(thank you Rachel!). When we arrived(2A and a 7 yr ol), I was met by a very nice front desk agent who advised me that we had the best view in the hotel, room 806. We arrived into our room and were amazed by the awesome view of the Halifax waterfront and how clean and modern looking the suites are.

Since it was a hot Saturday, it was a bonus that the windows were able to open and all were heard was live Jazz from the festival below...it was a great vibe! My only little, minor complaint would be that the pull out couches should be checked every time someone checks out...even if they did not use the couch.

I will certainly be telling my customer's about your hotel; the great location that you are in, the wonderful suites and how clean they are and as well, your very friendly employees....it was a perfect way to start our family vacation!

Room Tip: Request a floor higher up and facing the water(requests can never be guaranteed)
3 Thank Delores F
Thank you very much for the great review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay. The Jazz Festival always creates a buzz in the city.

I will be sure to address the comment regarding the pullout sofa. Thank you for the feedback.

Congratulations on winning the certificate. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were three adults so I heeded the recommendation to get 2 Queen beds in executive suite. (8th floor, great view - especially of moonlit harbour!) Spacious, well designed room. Staff friendly and efficient. Noise (music) from Jazz Festival added to enjoyment (really) - they shut down at reasonable hour.
Construction site - jackhammers started on the dot at 7.00 a.m. Monday - great wake up call as I didn't want to miss a minute of getting to know Halifax but maybe wise to ask for a room on the other side of the hotel if you need more shuteye.
Location, location, location. Walking distance to everything - to the right of the hotel (if facing the harbour) - Harbour farmer's market, Pier 21 (well done meaningful presentation of history of immigration to Canada through Halifax - with fascinating database service - find out what boat your ancestors came on! Supercentre. South Park.

To the right - walk to the Harbourfront Boardwalk for Whale watching boats, Maritime Museum (don't miss it), smelling the salty brine and eating Fish and chips or oysters (Oyster Shuck - super, had $1.00 oysters on Friday between 5.30 and 6.30.) Bit touristy - but...we were tourists...and it was interesting and not kitchy.
Behind the hotel - walk over to Spring Garden and then over to the Public Gardens, the Citadel, and many other sights.

Sigh - not enough days - but we'll be back. Thank you to all.

Room Tip: More than 2 adults and more than one day stay? - two queen beds in King Executive suite.
7 Thank GalliaG
David C, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a detailed review of our hotel through Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and it appears you were able to take in the many attractions Halifax has to offer.

Thank you for your soft comments regarding the construction noise. It seems most of downtown Halifax is under development at the moment. It has been exciting to see so much activity in the city after many years of flat growth.

Thank you for the descriptions of local attrations in your review. I am certain they will be very helpful for other reader.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Radisson Suites Hotel Halifax and for choosing Nova Scotia as a destination for your vacation.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Arriving late and without a reservation I was pleased to get a room and the friendly staff were helpful all the way.

The atmosphere is very contemporary with surprisingly impressive art in the environment.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who isn't on a budget and enjoys the modern hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ocean views available.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Duncan R
David C, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you very much for the great review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and that you chose to stay with us when you arrived in Halifax.

We hope to welcome you again.