I stayed at the Lord Nelson during May 2014 for one night. Although the hotel was not filled to capacity it wasn't until after check in time, that I received a phone call that my check in was available. Frustrating after a long day of travel, but not too horrific in the grand scheme of things.
I loved the decor of the entire hotel. The lobby smelled of fresh cut flowers, the hallways were decorated nicely, and my room was very neat and clean. I also appreciated the Aveda personal products, along with the complimentary water bottles.
My biggest frustration was the continental breakfast was $12.95 per person. I found this to be a bit outrageous considering all of the amenities at other hotels that are currently complimentary. Had I known this ahead of time, I probably would have booked a different hotel in the immediate area. I'm very excited to see they're building a Homewood Suites a few blocks away.
Also, housekeeping was knocking on my door at 8am to clean my room. The lady was very nice and extremely professional, but that was a tad bit early for my liking.
Overall, other than the price the hotel was great. I probably won't stay there again due to the overall value, but it was not an unpleasant experience in anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in October 1928, the Lord Nelson Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax located at the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street across from the beautiful Public Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia