The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$191
US$156
US$148
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$112
US$197
US$165
US$140
US$235
US$224
  • Pool
The Westin Nova Scotian(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$187
US$222
US$217
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$133
1,352 results
All reviewspublic gardensarms pubbeautiful parkspring garden roadhistoric hotelaveda toiletriesbeautiful lobbyan older hotelwithin walking distancenova scotiafront desk staffdowntown halifaxcomfortable hotelunderground parkinglocation is excellentcitadel hillvictory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here with a volleyball team for a tournament hosted at Dalhousie university. The hotel was very accommodating to the group and very helpful in getting us sorted out. The rooms were basic but served our purposes well. The foyer was really fantastic and the atmosphere was much better than the usual 3 star hotels we are stuck in. It was a lovely stay and we hope to return next year.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Darren M, Guest Relations Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

I hope your event exceeded expectations Jeremy and thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments. Grateful to you you will be returning again next year.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here for a Conference and very much enjoyed this hotel. Extremely cordial and helpful staff, great restaurant and of course the building is just fantastic. Our meeting facilities were very nice and we were well looked after. A bonus is the location, right across from one of the best public gardens anywhere and close proximity to great shopping and the waterfront.

Room Tip: The suites are nice, kitchen is handy
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Pleased to know your conference exceeded your expectations and also able to relax and enjoy our central location as well. We are very proud of our historical product so your comments are very rewarding to receive. Please come see us again when in Halifax.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Wonderful three night stay last weekend. The hotel is really a beautiful, quiet spot in busy Halifax.. The staff was so attentive and polite and always a smile and kind word. Truly enjoyed my very clean, elegant room and fantastic service from all

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you Tercor123 for recent visit and such a positive review. Grateful you fully satisfied with product, service and value received. Please come see us again anytime.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Last year I wrote a review on the Lord Nelson- I had been overly disappointed. I filled out my customer service on my experience and was shortly contacted by the Hotel for further details. The manager who called was polite, friendly, and apologetic about my stay. I was given a voucher to both the restaurant and the hotel, so I could come back on a future stay.

I returned this spring and was pleasantly surprised by my stay this time. The customer service was good but it was last time. This time the condition of the room was much cleaner. I ordered room service and the service was prompt and the server was very friendly.

One minor issue I had was that the check-out time can no longer be extended to 3 pm even if you will pay a fee. It meant needing to pack up before a meeting and then returning to check out and have lunch. It was a minor issue but one that matters when staying on a quick overnight trip.

The re-vamping of the Victory Arms restaurant was actually the best part of the trip. Atmosphere was great, the new decor, stylish and impeccably clean. The best part of the updating was the menu! The meals are traditional pub fare with gourmet twists- I had Arms Clubhouse on sourdough bread with a fried egg. DELICIOUS! I would say that since my last trip they have hired a proper chef- the quality control was evident on this visit!!! Awesome stuff- this is what I expected last visit and I am pleased that it has improved so much since.

The only other issue that occurred was paying for the parking and room service. I had paid in cash but had been double billed to my credit card. However, when I phoned the hotel to let them know they were prompt and courteous in making the correction.

This was a much better stay and I will be happy to book with Lord Nelson again in the future when in Halifax :) Dissatisfied to SATISFIED customer.

Room Tip: If you want a better view you're going to ask for a room that has one. This trip and last all I could see were adjacent buildings- which is overly nice but I was there on a very quick trip so it didn't matter so much.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
DarrenMartell, Guest Relations Manager at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

It is vitally important that we recover when something does go wrong so very rewarding to know that in such rare occasions we can exceed expectations. My sincere thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and I'm pleased we were able to address your minor concerns in a timely manner to your satisfaction. I hope we will continue to be your hotel of choice when in Halifax.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great old dame of a hotel in downtown Halifax. Location is excellent, the public gardens are directly across the street. It is within walking distance to downtown and the waterfront. The lobby is classic, and a nod to yesteryear. The rooms are large and well furnished. All the amenities you would expect in good city hotel. WI-FI is free! Breakfast is served in the pub on the main floor - my only suggestion would be to remove the omelette station from the rest of the buffet line - it slows down everything. All in all a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Doghouse66 for your recent visit and positive review including omelet suggestion. I will make sure to share this with our Food Service Manager to consider. I hope you were able to relax and allow us to take good care of you. Please come see us again anytime and again thank you for positive review.