My wife and I stayed 2 evenings at the Lord Nelson and our overall experience was excellent. We decided to stay at that hotel because it was close to the VG Hospital where we needed to have a processors done. As well, the hotel is centrally located near Spring Garden. The hotel gave us a medical rate of $159 for a large,clean and tastefully decorated Jr Suite. This hotel is about 100 years old but is very well managed, roomy and quiet. The staff was friendly and professional and they even gave us free limousine service to the hospital. Also, because they were busy during our stay due to the winter opinions, resulting in our waiting an hour for our room at check-in, they gave us 4 complimentary breakfasts. Also, their 1pm checkOut time is very convenient.
This is probably not a great place for kids. However, it is a very good adult hotel. We also ate at the hotel tavern a few times and the food/service were excellent. There is also paid underground parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in October 1928, the Lord Nelson Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax located at the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street across from the beautiful Public Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia