“Great!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Today's special was 4 tacos , 2 Mexican beers for $22 , what a deal. The food was fresh , very tasty and our waitress was a blast

1  Thank ruthew

Reviewed 9 August 2013

After searching on Urban Spoon we chose Cheachie's - rated the best Mexican food in Halifax. Someone raved about the 'patio' - it's 4' X 5' (not kidding!) - read the reviews there, they are a hoot! Anyway, the food was palatable (after finally locating the place deep in the heart of an industrial park). The food was quite bland, I asked for it to be made spicy and was handed a bottle of generic hot sauce! The tortilla chips & salsa were cheesy and not 'home made' (kinda stale too). Too much sweetner in the salsa for my liking too. The enchiladas (one per serving) were ok, not enough beans though. See-through Guacamole. The Margarita was good I must say. Not the best by a long shot - the Mexican place in Red Deer that I reviewed was 100% better.

2  Thank Alf H
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Went here on the last day of family vacay before heading to the airport based on other Trip Advisor reviews & were not disappointed. The service was fantastic and very friendly, and the food was outstanding!! Wish we could go back...

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and daughter and I decided to try this restaurant based on its glowing reviews from Trip Advisor and we were quite dissapointed:( the "authentic" Mexican food was not pleasing to look at and didn't taste very fresh, the decor was ok but it still felt like we were in a storage facility, and our service from our server was fine until the chef came out. The chef/ owner chatting with us seemed nice at first, but then he got too comfortable with us as strangers and the conversation seemed inappropriate for a family table talk.
Based on the food alone we wouldn't be returning:(

2  Thank Say78
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Thank you thank you thank you! Tonight was my second time at Cheachie's and the food and service were just as fantastic as the first! The friends I've brought here have been just as impressed as I have. Everything from the amazing artwork (especially the David Lozeau Day of the Dead pieces!), genuinely friendly and engaging service from the owners, getting to try Mexican beers I haven't tried before, in addition to the delicious, fresh, hand-made yummies have made this my new favourite go-to. You must try the Mexican pan-fried haddock, the enchiladas and chimichangas are fabulous, and their Mexican rice and refried beans has no equal. We even got to sample some of the items they're testing for the new menu (the plantain and Mexican cheese poppers were super!). I can't wait for beer pairings and tequila tastings to start! I'll make a special trip from NB for it! If you haven't been to Cheachie's you are missing out on a great experience. Both times I've left, I've felt like I just made new friends in Earl and Carol Ann, and so did the people with me. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

2  Thank AlwaysOnTheRun76