“Michelle D . FAVORITE PLACE TO STAY !”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I have stayed at alot of hotels in the past year due to business and a family member ill , but have never experienced such great service as I recieved from front desk staff ! They were super friendly , chatted it up with me, it was like I knew them forever . The room was beautiful , free movies , blue-ray player in my room, free full breakfast , free internet , my favorite part was getting to make my own waffles , ;) prices were great , building was super clean , housekeeping staff was even super sweet , I would recommend this to everyone , and have . You will never find a greater place to stay, I will be staying there from now on when I visit the city . I think this is the best place to stay in the city , and after staying here all other hotels would be a disappointment. Look forward to my next stay which will be very soon , ;)

Room Tip: I cant see any room being a disappointment , the facility is beautiful .
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Michelledddd

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We decided last minute to spend the night in Halifax on a shopping trip. Because its been a few years since we've been to Halifax, I looked at tripadvisor reviews. This hotel was rated number one, this surprised us a little as it isn't in the downtown core. We booked here because of location. Comfort Hotel is located on the western part of the city right in the big box shopping, IMAX theatre area. Perfect for us.

The first thing we noticed when we got to the lobby was how clean and new smelling the hotel is. Nima checked us in. She is a lovely woman who immediately told us she upgraded us from a regular King room to a suite at a no extra charge. We were delighted to hear this. She then gave us complimentary beverage coupons for the little bar in the hotel, as well as gave us a coupon for 10% off in the restaurant, told us we had complimentary soft drinks in our room, and mentioned the free hot breakfast. First impressions, great. We arrived in the lovely junior suite on fourth floor, room 408. The room had an extremely comfortable king sized bed, nice little sitting area with a sofa(bed), free wifi, decent sized bathroom, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a 42" flat screen tv.

As for the breakfast, it's a nicely decorated room with adequate seating, a flat screen tv and selection, there were pancakes, sausages, waffle maker, scrambled eggs, potatoes, yogurt, some fresh fruit, three cold cereal choices, pastries, coffee, and juice. we were impressed. Especially as we find Canadian hotels are usually lacking when it comes to the complimentary breakfasts.

I don't have any negative comments about this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming into Halifax. It isn't in the downtown core but Halifax isn't a large city and it's really easy driving on the 102 to anything you want to reach downtown. We will definitely stay here again. It's great value at $99 nightly.

Room Tip: Ask about an upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank countdown6
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times now. Unbeleivable service from the front desk, housekeeping staff and the restaurant.

3 times in a row- Clean rooms, Great breakfast, exceptional service and overall a wonderful experience at a very reasonable price.

By far, the place to stay at if you are in Halifax. Just wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2011

First an foremost we would like to say that we were their on our Honeymoon last June and the service, respect and hospitality given to my Husband and I during our stay was so fantastic and two very special people who work their named NIMFA and MARK BARRETT went above and beyond their jobs to make our stay as special, memorable and an exceptially pleasent expierience we will cherish for the rest of our lives... We wish to come there again for our 1st wedding anniversary on June, 21st , 2012 and look forward to seeing NIMFA and MARK BARRETT during our stay as well as the staff in their restaurant inside the hotel which was indeed a very beautiful atmosphere and service was such a wonderful expierience as well...We would recommend anyone who may be planning on going to Halifax stay at this Comfort Hotel @ 88 chain lake drive, Bayers Lake Buissness Park , Halifax Nova Scotia we promise you will be pleased by the exceptional treatment you will recieve from the staff in the hotel and their restaurant inside the comfort hotel ...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimandkathy p
Reviewed 17 December 2011

we have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 5 weeks. The service is absolutely fantastic! Our arrival was effortless and the staff couldn't do enough for us . Thanks to Nimea and staff for looking after us so well. I have travelled quite a bit but this hotel is the best by far. The breakfast was beautiful and well organized! When we stayed here in Nov our trip was cut short due to a death in my family. I didn't get his name but the gentleman at the front desk was so attentive and sympathetic to what was going on with us! Thank-you Comfort Inn we will choose you as our home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I just wanted to say that my stay at your Hotel was fantastic. Your
staff was very friendly, the room was very clean and tidy, and
breakfast was very good. Of all the years I traveled your Hotel was
the best I ever stayed at. I really appreciated the upgrade on my
room, I felt like I had Royal treatment. My wife said she wished she
could have been there to share it with me.

The two guys that came in from Ontario to attend the same meeting also
mentioned how nice everything was and they were very pleased.

Thank you again for everything and I will be back.

Darrell D

Room Tip: get the room with large walkin shower in bathroom and wirlpool bath in main room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

First, I do travel a fair bit for business in a year. This was my first time at the Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake and they made it quite an exeptional one right from the beginning with Nimfa at the reception desk. An amazing friendly welcome and took the time to check if I had the proper room for my needs and that even if I book trough a different site than the official Hotel web site.

The room was spacious, very nice and spotless, huge LCD TV with Blue Ray DVD player, Ihome clock alarm/radio, very well thought electrical switch placement and lighting is effecient. You have free wifi, 2 soda's and a free beverage at their Allegro loundge. On the plus side for me, a Starbucks in a walking distance...... I wish their were more staff and hotel like this one. I did made 2 new reservations for futhers travels in Halifax at this same hotel.

Room Tip: like any others Hotels, Room by elevators or stairs case are not my first pick. They have bluray m...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business