“Great Service”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The staff at the Comfort Inn at Bayers Lake Business Park works hard to make you feel welcome, starting with Nimfa at the front desk.
Nimfa takes the time to remember your name so that she can welcome you back by name on your next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michel L

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Modern, clean, spacious room. Friendly staff, free movie rentals, HD TV and Blue-ray player.
Quality of breakfast pretty decent. Would definitely stay again.

2  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I'm a little late writing this review because it was way back in the winter that I stayed there - so you see I haven't forgotten the way I was cared for there. Here's what happened. I had a
nasty toothache and was scheduled in town at 9 a.m. for a root canal. By the time I arrived in
town, heavy snow started way ahead of the weather report predictions. I called the dentist from the parking lot and cancelled my appt. as I live 30 minutes from Halifax and if I had stayed, I knew I would be stuck in town. I made a run for it, but on the way, the car started sliding around in heavy traffic on a hill because I had't yet put on my winter tires which was very scary. I knew I couldn't make it so I drove at a crawl sweating bullets to get to the nearest hotel which happened to be the Comfort Inn in Bayer's Lake. My husband was out of town.

I was greeted at 9:00 a.m. by the friendly guy at the counter. He told me to go have some breakfast and that I could get into my room right away and gave me a newspaper. The breakfast was an extra and there was lots of choice. I got to my comfie room and collapsed and took another painkiller. When I left the next morning, the car was buried in snow and it was freezing COLD. The guy at the desk said, "Wait a minute, I'll get someone to dig you out." Minutes later the car was free and ready to go! I got in, tried to start it and the battery was gone. The hotel guy then got someone to jump my car battery!!! I felt so cared for at a very difficult time. They went above and beyond what was required of them and very cheerfully. I was so impressed, I told them I'd write a review and then promptly lost the card with trip advisor on it and I just found it today.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and it did my heart good to know there are places like that inour city where staff go above and beyond to genuinely care for their guests. I, myself, run a summer Yoga center and that's what we do for our participants. st

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sally t
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We would highly recommend the Comfort Hotel in Bayers Lake. We stayed there with our hockey team recently. The rooms and common areas are spotless and modern. The staff were, by far, the friendliest I have ever met. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Shirley C
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband, son and I stay at this hotel quite frequently while we are on the road for hockey. We stay at hotels 2-3 times per month and this is by far our favorite. The rooms are very clean and very spacious. The staff is extremly nice and very helpful. Nimfa is very accomodating and so pleasant, she will do whatever she can to make your stay wonderful.We love it when we arrive to the main desk to check in and see her there.The breakfast is excellent with a very wide variety of items.You definetly will not be dissapointed with your stay at this hotel

1  Thank SashaNick
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Comfort Hotel in Bayers Lake is a great place to stay. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. Jessica and Nimfa at the reception desk were both a great help and so friendly! This hotel had a lot of extra perks which made our stay so fantastic. Besides the great rate ( we payed $109/night ) the great things about this hotel were : the rooms were large and clean, and we really enjoyed having the Blu Ray player and complimentary Dvd's to watch. The bathroom was a good size and we both loved the shower! Also enjoyed having a microwave and fridge in our room as well. Our king size bed was so comfortable, we had a great sleep.The pool was great! The complimentary breakfast was amazing, had many choices and was very good food. Everyone there did everything they could to make our stay a great one. This was our first time staying at the Comfort Hotel, but certainly not our last! Will be staying here everytime we travel to Halifax in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wanted to have a great hotel experience. From the time my sisters, my nieces and myself checked into the hotel we were made to feel at home. The staff at check in were wonderful. Jessica was fantastic. And special thanks to Nimfa for helping us with a second night when the weather turned bad. We enjoyed all the amenites that they have to offer. The breakfast had great variety and was well stocked and maintained. The pool was clean and the pool area was well looked after. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The entire staff of this hotel should be extremely proud of themselves. They are doing a fabulous job.

1  Thank JoanneB066