Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Atlantica Hotel Halifax(Halifax)
  • Pool
Commons Inn(Halifax)
1,266 results
All reviewsfree moviescanadiana restaurantnimfa bautistaattached restaurantbusiness parkfront deskblu ray playerbreakfast roomgeneral managerjacuzzi suitehalifax areathe hotel managerdvd playerpeggy's covehot breakfastfree parkingfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have been staying here since they opened. Always look forward to returning. Nimfa and staff treat you just like your family. Lots of room,very clean, comfortable beds,comp hot breakfast, great place for kids with a nice swimming pool. Excellent rates!! Definately a must stay.

2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed at this location for 8 days . The staff were outstanding from the front desk to the owner. Service was excellent. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was provided with stay and was hot and satisfying. Pool and sauna were clean and enjoyable.Location was to the north of city centre and close to several major highways so it was easy to get around. Jessica at the front desk was very warm and helpful for our sightseeing recommendations. I would not hesitate in recommending this location to anyone visiting this area.

1  Thank William H
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We chose this hotel because it was rated #1; we chose to return to this hotel because it felt like a #1 hotel. We stayed at this lovely hotel in February and then again in April. Both times, we were greated by Nimfa's friendly smile. The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, and the complimentary breakfast is great. Our kids love the pool and free movie rentals. Great job Nimfa and staff - we will see you again soon!

The Raymond family

2  Thank Derek R
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This was my first time at this location as I usually stay at the Delta. I do spend a lot of time on the road and I have very good rates at the latter but this time around, I was able to have a competitive rate from this hotel which matched the one I would have payed at the other chain. I decided to give it a try since I had heard good things and read great reviews of the hotel.

The location is a little far from downtown if you have to attend meetings in the heart of the city, but otherwise very well located close to all the shops and restaurants you could ask for. Unless you want fine dining, you will be well served, and the movie theater is only a couple of blocks away.

As for the hotel itself, it is a very well kept and very tastefully decorated building. Everything is ultraclean and modern, from the lobby straight to the room. The pool is not as big as other hotels but it does the job and although the fitness center is a little small, it has all the equipment needed for a good workout.

The room was of great size, plenty of place to move around, bathroom was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I would easily compare the room to other from higher end chains wihtout any problem. Small touches also make it special, like the presence of a blu-ray player in every room and the fact that you can borrow movies from the front desk. Little touches that make you feel more like home and make it easier to relax.

As much as the hotel is great, it comes short when compared to the staff. This was one of the best customer experience I have had in a long time. From the moment I checked in, Darren made me feel welcomed and was one of the friendliest person I have met over time. I interacted a few times with him and he always looked like he was happy to help, which I am sure he truly was.

Bottom line: Is the hotel worth more than the likes of Delta... maybe not just because of location. Is it worth the same price even if you have to travel a bit to get downtown... definitely. I would easily recommend this hotel to anybody, as for me, if they can match the price I get elsewhere, I will definitely make this my destination when in Halifax.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank boisverf
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Staff are very helpful and friendly! Hotel is modern and comfortable, very clean! Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Room 203 is wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple