“A Good Night Sleep”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 6 September 2012

If you want to be treated special, try this hotel. Not just a good night sleep on a comfy King Size bed, but free movies to watch, and a homecooked complimentary breakfast (pancakes, waffles, bacon, panfries, scrambled eggs, fruit, coffee, etc.), also a 10% coupon at the adjoining restaurant. The hotel has a pool, but no need to go there when your room is equipped with a large jacuzzi, just lay back and watch the large flatscreen TV. Must not forget to mention the most important thing of all and that's the friendly staff, who made our stay so enjoyable. I would like to mention one person in particular, Mimfa Bautista, who is such a bubbly person, she just made us feel so welcome, a real 'people person'.

Room Tip: We always stay on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd floor, but not next to stairwell, which you can here the door ope...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betty-Jean Or L... G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This hotel has to be one of the best I have ever stayed in during my years of traveling. The staff is well trained and the owner is present to keep everyone on their toes. I wish every town had one. The bathrooms are operating room clean. The coffee in the room is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank hemeonshead
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights at the end of August. Located in the Bayer's Lake Business Park, this hotel is very close to some great shopping and many other stores including Walmart, Costco, grocery and drugstores. There are also many restaurants and fast food places in this area. If you have a car, this hotel is an awesome location for exploring Halifax. We went to downtown Halifax, the Halifax Shopping Centre and Bedford and found it easy to navigate to and from the hotel. Without a car, exploring would be a little more difficult, but it can be done with walking and public transportation.

Check in at the hotel was fast and easy. Front desk provided all the info we needed for our stay. Check out was also fast. Our room was located on the 4th floor and was a quick elevator ride from the lobby. This hotel is fairly new and is nicely decorated and clean. Parking is free and parking lot is large. There is a free breakfast each morning with hot and cold items which was adequate and useful. There is also a pool and workout room which I did not use. We had a double room and it was very large! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The room also had a large flat screen tv, dvd player, fridge, microwave and nice size bathroom with a great shower. You can hear some movement in the rooms next to you, not completely sound proof.

The only issue I had with the room was the smell. It kind of smelled like musty or stale air with a little bit of cleaner mixed in and the room did have a tendency to get warm and stuffy without air conditioning on. Also, each morning we could smell the chemical cleaners housekeeping were using to clean other rooms - even though they were in another room and we had our door closed.

Overall our stay at this hotel was quite enjoyable and I would stay here again. If you plan on visiting Halifax and don't want to stay in the downtown area, this is a great alternative.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharpay10
Stephanie G, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
I am personally delighted that you were able to experience the service of
our wonderful team and all the amenities that our hotel has to offer. I
assure you we will be consistent with our services.

Our #1 priority is to provide our guests with a warm welcome and to
make them feel at home!

In regards to the musty smell you experienced we have looked into it with my housekeeping manager and are pleased to inform you that we have resolved the issue. Cleaners used for our guestrooms and all throughout our hotel are environmentally friendly, derived from natural ingredients and highly effective. I will definitely be looking into the degree of scent emitted and will evaluate. Once again, I want to emphasize that we take every comment into serious consideration and appreciate them, as they are our tool in providing the best accommodations possible at all levels. Look forward to seeing you back at our hotel again.

Kind Regards,

Stephanie Giannoulis
Owner/General Manager

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My friend and I just returned from a 3 week trip of the Atlantic Provinces. We stayed in a total of 8 different hotels and this one is the best, hands down. Mercifully, we stayed here towards the end of our trip and it helped us end our vacation on a high note. Breakfast is excellent...waffles, pancakes, toast, cereal...etc. What impressed me was the little touches: for e.g. they provided french vanilla cream to those who like flavour in their coffee. Also, there were 2 waffle batter flavours (plain, cinnamon). The array of breads and cereals was enough to make anyone's head spin. Beyond the magnificent breakfast, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms enormous and very clean/modern, and the fluffiest pillows I've ever encountered. I couldn't find a single thing wrong with this hotel and I'd come back to Halifax just to stay here. It was THAT good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pastrygurl
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family just came back from ten days vacation in Nova Scotia. We stayed in couple different hotels during the trip and this is far best from all. Very new property, big, clean rooms, great breakfast, very friendly and professional staff. Location is very convenient for anyone who wants to tour around south part of Nova Scotia.

Room Tip: Higher floors are definetely better to avoid A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jahorina
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful facility...CLEAN, friendly staff, lots of restaurants nearby, great hot breakfast...would be hard to improve. Stephanie, the owner, is on site and very helpful. Breakast staff kept room tidy and well stocked. What a gem!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank grandmazany
Reviewed 31 August 2012

An excellent hotel with all the amenities. My wife enjoyed a few hours of playing the slots. I do have 2 complaints, though. (1) the television signal is weak and fades causing pixilation, which is annoying. (2) the sounds from people walking/talking in the hallway is very loud. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay! Both my wife and I agree that the breakfast was probably the 2nd best we've ever had at a hotel. Eggs to order and fruit would help. If we're ever in Halifax again, we'll be making reservations here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple