“Back again.. for a good reason!”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel consistently blows me out of the water. Between the phenomenal staff (especially Tiffany.. always a pleasure to talk to/deal with), the way above average FREE breakfast, the beds that feel like they are made out of fluff and the other features I could be all day here listing.. this hotel is hands down by far my favorite place to stay across the maritimes. I travel daily all over the Atlantic region and I look forward to each stay I have at this hotel as it's close to a second home on the road as one can get. Checkin and checkout are both so smooth and painless like they should be. Sleep is always great, location is perfect as its just off the highway and close to some fast food and coffee joints for those days when you need them. Would 100% reconmend this hotel to anyone. Once again special thanks to Tiffany and the rest of the staff on being part of the best hotel staff in Atlantic Canada. Always greeted with a smile and a comfy bed.. what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: High floors seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,248)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

The hotel is new so the accomodations are fresh and airy. Beautiful room. But the attribute of exception is how friendly and accomodating the staff is. Everything focuses on making your stay comfortable and anything you need or want they make every effort to make possible for you. We have not even had that personable and accomodating service staying at branded 5 stars. From a early checkout where they opened the breakfast room for us at 0400 in the morning to finding a stool for the room so our daughter could reach the sink to providing free laundry detergent and softener for their coin laundry. Even meeting the owner and also the manager through the breakfasts and them making genuinely sure we were getting everything we needed for our stay was a pleasant surprise. Will definitely stay again, and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank yycfamilytraveller
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel since it opened, I keep returning the staff is great, the rooms are always spotless
This location is handy to everything, they have free movies and coupons for drinks and dinner discounts at the connected resturant
Good value for the$ paid

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bruce t
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Hi Nimfa & Stamos,

I just want to thank you so much for making our stay at the Comfort Hotel so enjoyable. We so appreciated having a room set up with ourname on it as we entered the hotel - it made it so much easier for us to settle students in while I took care of some last minute room changes. The pizza was delicious and service met our needs perfectly. Some of our students took advantage of the pool and sauna facilities, while others just spent time hanging out in your spacious rooms with wifi while we took time off before the movies. Anytime we needed anything or had trouble, your staff was always pleasant and accomodating. We are looking forward to working with you again on future International Student trips.

Lindsay

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We picked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. It was a great room and the staff were wonderful. Josée was very helpful not only getting us checked in quickly but also giving us great directions to Peggy's Cove.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deidre-22
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Thursday, May 23, 2013. The hotel amenities and the customer service exceeded my expectations. The customer service was the best I have experienced in a long time. Josee on the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She clearly enjoyed what she was doing and was very focused on the customer. I was so impressed with the hotel and the service that I stayed there a second time on May 27, 2013.

Room Tip: For my two stays I had a ground floor room and one on the 4th floor. I had no issues with either.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joel S
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel is our favorite place to stay when in Halifax. The staff are excellent especially Nimfa and Jessica who went above and beyond to welcome and serve us. Rooms and breakfast are more than sufficient.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple