“Excellent hotel!”

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our first stay at this hotel...and this is where we will stay any time we are in Halifax. Customer service was fabulous....rooms were very clean...pool was great...and the breakfast buffet was superb. Unexpected coupons for the Canadiana were given to us upon arrival so we tried it and it was fabulous as well. Stayed as a family...two adults and two kids (ages 8 & 11).

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Over the past few years I have stayed at this location on several occasions ( from the day it opened). The staff are always willing and ready to help you with all your questions and do so with a smile. The two staff I usually see there are Jessica and Nimfa. What astounds me is every time I do stay they ( the management ) have managed to tweek a perfect situation and make it better. The service and interior are more like a Marriott , the quality of the breakfast, the comfort and layout of the rooms are 5 *****. My hat is off to you all your staff for an OUTSTANDING job in the hospitality industry. Thank you one and all and see you again soon.

Room Tip: Book well in advance
5  Thank none n
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our stay at Comfort Hotel was great. I would recommend this hotel to all. We had a car rental so it was easy to zip to downtown - didn't take long at all. The area itself does get busy with traffic on work days but it did not bother us at all. Shopping is nearby and restaurants (Timmy's a short walk away). Very convenient. It isn't quite sound-proof and I did let front desk know that I could hear kids above me "stomping" around. It stopped after a while, but sound does seem to carry regardless. But other than that it was a really nice hotel. The pool was good and the complimentary breakfast was a treat. I left my room one morning by noon and returned at 4:00 expecting it to be clean, but they did not come until 4:30. That seemed odd, but I just took the kids to the pool when she showed up so it wasn't a big deal. The hours for breakfast were 7am to 10am and I was only able to go once during my three day stay due to late nights. I think 11am might be a better time to offer breakfast to, if paying $140/night. This is the identical review I posted on hotels.com in July 2014.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask front desk that children are not in rooms above or beside you - you may hear them!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I feel so fortunate that through your assistance we were able to find the Comfort Hotel
in Halifax. It was a pleasure from the moment we entered. The clean comfortable and well appointed room set us at ease. The staff was courteous knowledgeable and friendly. They were ready with recommendations, directions and amenities. The management was actively making sure that guests were made to feel at home. We travel often and this is one of the best experiences we ever had. This includes hotel stays were the accommodations were more expensive. We will return to this Hotel when ever we are in Halifax.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on Fourth Floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

When we arrived I thought the hotel was absolutely gorgeous. The price was amazing and the front desk staff was very accommodating! Pleasant and a good sense of humour. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and there was a sign that said they cater to gluten free choices. We had 2 people that were able to enjoyed a GLUTEN FREE delicious breakfast. The other 4 of us enjoyed the regular breakfast. The hotel manager as well as the kitchen staff came over a few times to see if everything was okay. In addition, the front desk staff "googled" to print a map and the hours of the Costco close by! Excellent place to stay. Clean, beautiful and perfect in every way possible. This is the place to stay even if it means you have to drive a little out of your way…it is so worth it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

friendly and helpful staff from the moment you walk in the door until you leave .very clean room ,breakfast was the best we had in all our hotel stay.Elizabeth does a great job also she is very friendly. we will be staying here again when we go back to Halifax

Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a wonderful opportunity to receive the hospitality of a wonderful hotel. Every thing that has been written about this hotel is actually true. Friendliness, cleanliness, location, and attention to detail. So pleased I even sang my appreciation. Thank you all - Paul Stanley.