“fabulous A-1”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Shelburne, Canada
“fabulous A-1”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

As usual, the staff were amazing. Thank you Nimfa for helping me book an amazing room again. Jessica at the desk,Brett, staff in the dining room and housekeeping, all fantastic, professional, and so kind and approachable...helpful.Thanks once again. You will always be my hotel of choice in the Halifax area.

Room Tip: There will be no issues with noises from other unruly guests, as the staff will handle this issue. E...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Dieppe, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I travel a lot for business with too many nights in hotels and when we stayed here for a fun weekend in Halifax I must say our experience was simply excellent. Rooms are very nice, modern and very clean. The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was a nice surprice with an excellent choice of hot or cold breakfast item. The items available for breakfast were a pleasant change from what I am use to getting from many other chain hotels. The quality of the food and the care taken by the staff was very nice. We even had a nice long chat with the manager and she was extremly helpful. What I like the most is free parking and free wifi comapared to other hotels that are close to the downtown core that nickel and dime you all the time.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Halifax area for business or pleasure. You get a lot of value for your dollar staying here and your are close to all the great Halifax attractions.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcel_B_65
portland, maine
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This place is a bargain! The room was exceptional, the service exceptional-- Kai at the front desk remembered our names in the morning and even offered to find us lodging for our next stop on vacation. The free breakfast buffet was also one of the best we've had. Overall amazing

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 77carl
Digby, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

A very friendly , quiet , comfortable and spotlessly clean totally non smoking hotel. It has become our home away from home. The rooms are well appointed and staff are some of the most kind, smiling and helpful that we have ever encountered. Very convenient for shopping, attending medical appointments, and entertainment venues. The full breakfast provided is excellent., and the smiles and warm welcomes from Jessica and Nimfa are reasons to return again soon !

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel , especially on 4th floor are much more quiet. Traffic at the Wendy...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our first stay at this hotel...and this is where we will stay any time we are in Halifax. Customer service was fabulous....rooms were very clean...pool was great...and the breakfast buffet was superb. Unexpected coupons for the Canadiana were given to us upon arrival so we tried it and it was fabulous as well. Stayed as a family...two adults and two kids (ages 8 & 11).

• Stayed August 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Over the past few years I have stayed at this location on several occasions ( from the day it opened). The staff are always willing and ready to help you with all your questions and do so with a smile. The two staff I usually see there are Jessica and Nimfa. What astounds me is every time I do stay they ( the management ) have managed to tweek a perfect situation and make it better. The service and interior are more like a Marriott , the quality of the breakfast, the comfort and layout of the rooms are 5 *****. My hat is off to you all your staff for an OUTSTANDING job in the hospitality industry. Thank you one and all and see you again soon.

Room Tip: Book well in advance
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank none n
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our stay at Comfort Hotel was great. I would recommend this hotel to all. We had a car rental so it was easy to zip to downtown - didn't take long at all. The area itself does get busy with traffic on work days but it did not bother us at all. Shopping is nearby and restaurants (Timmy's a short walk away). Very convenient. It isn't quite sound-proof and I did let front desk know that I could hear kids above me "stomping" around. It stopped after a while, but sound does seem to carry regardless. But other than that it was a really nice hotel. The pool was good and the complimentary breakfast was a treat. I left my room one morning by noon and returned at 4:00 expecting it to be clean, but they did not come until 4:30. That seemed odd, but I just took the kids to the pool when she showed up so it wasn't a big deal. The hours for breakfast were 7am to 10am and I was only able to go once during my three day stay due to late nights. I think 11am might be a better time to offer breakfast to, if paying $140/night. This is the identical review I posted on hotels.com in July 2014.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask front desk that children are not in rooms above or beside you - you may hear them!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family