“Very Good BBQ foods in downtown Halifax”
Review of Bonehead's BBQ

Bonehead's BBQ
Ranked #124 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have ate at this establishment several times now, and they never disappoint.
Have tried all the BBQ restaurants in the downtown area, and this one is the best.
Almost more than you can eat, and prices, while not the lowest, are reasonable.
A special treat is the cornbread! Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Called in after seeing the earlier reviews and was not disappointed.

The food was delicious, we tried the pulled pork and smoked sausage. The sausage in particular was very good and meaty. They call it the Oktoberfest and it did resemble a good quality German sausage.

The sides are tremendous and huge. We tried the chili, beans and coleslaw. You must try the brisket chili, a meal in itself.

Highly recommend for meat lovers, vegetarians had best give it a miss.

1  Thank lee1pen
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Love good BBQ. Boneheads tries to be authentic - real hardwood smokes their meat. No charcoal. We shared the Rib and 1 meat platter. The ribs are baby backs, so they are naturally small and not a lot of meat. These were tender and the glaze was tasty. Liked them just as they were and added no sauce to enjoy. I am surprised that they don't have their ribs specially cut with extra meat on them. I get them cut like this because they don't have much on them otherwise.

The beef brisket was horribly dry!! Smoking meat doesn't mean drying it out! We doused it in sauce but left most of it on the tray. They should know that fat keeps meat moist and gives it flavor. You want healthy then don't eat brisket.

Sides were below par: sweet potato chip were really chips: thinly sliced sweet potatoes fried. Some were crisp, some soggy. All were cold. Baked beans lacked vinegar and cumin to give it some kick. They were very mushy as if they used canned beans and doctored them. Corn bread was ok - dry, but sweet. Glad I had the ribs, but doubt if I would return next visit to the area.

1  Thank Hillary J
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This is kind of a cool restaurant that serves very good ribs and pulled meat. Takeout is definitely the way to go as the seats inside are on a slant and some even have dirty old napkins leveling the tables. The night I brought my daughter here four of the staff in the kitchen were arguing about so something but the front end cashier was very friendly and helpful. The side of fries were tasty but definitely nothing out of the ordinary and a little greasy, as was the cornbread.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been to Boneheads about a half dozen times or so... Almost any time I'm in town I go out of my stay to stop in for dinner as it's really that good. Every single meat on the menu is worth eating until you run out of room lol. The chicken wings are to die for!!! Just make sure you get there early as I find they run out of product often before 8pm which is when I'm used to eating dinner... If I were to say anything negative, I found the sides to be average at best and that's probably generous. The sweet potato chips however are incredible. When I go, I get the pit sampler!!! Just a massive amount of the mains and there's always some left for that awesome midnight snack. It's not Kansas City, but it's as good as it gets up here!!!