“Awesome butter chicken!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had searched for good indian food in the area, and Google showed me Dhaba. My husband and I both really enjoy indian food. We ordered the Pakoras-they came in a timely manner with a nice, sweet dipping sauce (I think it was Mango Chutney.) They were fabulous and we ate them quickly. I ordered butter chicken, and my husband ordered a potato curry, as well as basmati rice and naan bread. The naan was delicious, the butter chicken was my favorite, but the potato curry was also quite good. I am looking forward to going back! One more thing, the staff there are wonderful; super friendly and attentive.

3  Thank shaunal416

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Traveling through the Maritimes as a vegetarian can be both challenging and eventually rather boring. Same old, same old. Pizza, salad, pasta and veggie burgers. Non of which are often available. So when we hit Halifax, Nova Scotia we were excited to have some options. We craved some good Indian food.

After an Internet search and some good info from Tripadvisor, we decided to try the Dhaba Express. It is a bit out of the way. Not IN Halifax, not out either. In one of those areas where malls grow like weeds and offer the same fare - McDonalds, Boston Pizza, Wendy's, Starbucks, etc.

Dhaba is tucked into a square building "mall" behind big box stores. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but open that front door and you are welcomed by delicious aromas. And the food does not disappoint nor does the service. Attentive. We left happy, satiated and wishing we were staying longer because we would go back in a heartbeat.

5  Thank Cathy N
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have been a fan of Dhaba since they started, their amazing service and excellent food. They recently expanded the dining area and now they have extended the kitchen. Their excellence continues to impress. Easily the best Indian Food and service I have had in Nova Scotia.

4  Thank Allan C
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My husband and I had lunch at this delicious restaurant yesterday. The service was great, the restaurant was clean and had fresh flowers on every table.
When our food arrived it was hot, well presented and delicious!
This restaurant is as good as any Indian restaurant in Toronto and you should definitely try it,

4  Thank Singent
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We had a really nice meal at Dhaba for the first time last week. The rice was light but flavourful. The chicken tikka masala stacks up very nicely against that of any other Indian restaurant I've visited (and while I haven't written of many here, I've been to quite a few). The lamb curry was nice too. It had the flavour and the tenderness but without the loads of oil that I've had often in similar dishes (essentially a lamb pasanda) elsewhere.
Had it not been for a friend's recommendation, I'd never have found this place buried away on a side street in a strip mall among the Walmarts and the East Side Kelsey's Smokehouse Irish Pub (TM): I don't drive through Bayer's Lake and expect to find a really good meal, but we did. Definitely worth a try if you like good, flavourful but not fiery Indian.

5  Thank WmFerguson