“Great stay, great sleep, will stay again.”

Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton a couple of weekends ago when we were in town for the annual Hal-Con. The hotel was clean and modern, the rooms were great, nice and dark at night, we could relax and did so a lot, we could hear some street traffic but that is okay. Staff was friendly, the pool was refreshing and the hotel was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted and needed to be for four days.

We will be staying there again next year, thanks for a great experience.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if you are a really lite sleeper so you have less street noise, I can sleep t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JGDynamo

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I was in Halifax on business hosting a meeting in the Four Point conference room. I feel like I should fill out two separate reviews, one on my sleeping room and one on my meeting experience because my experiences were completely different.
Let's start with the positive. The hotel is in an excellent location! It is close to great bars, restaurants, and museums. The Four Points check-in staff and concierge are great! The room was average. I stay in many hotels throughout the year and the sleeping room didn't stand out, but was completely adequate.
Now, to the negative. I run meetings in hotels at least 12 times a year, and this was one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had. One of the good things about the meeting was Andrew, the catering services staff member. He delivered food for us and kept things stocked throughout the day. He was nice and accomodating. The room was of adequate size and was set up as I requested. However, there were mice in the room. I don't mean mice peaking their heads out of the corners and scampering away. I mean multiple mice running through the workshop, among the attendees. We had to move chairs around to ensure that attendees left nothing on the floor. We had to pull skirts off of the food tables to make sure the mice didn't climb up them. The catering manager was so freaked out by the mice that she wouldn't come back in the room; however, the rest of the staff seemed to think it was fine that we held our meeting in the room with the mice. Fortunately, none of our attendees (from 5 different provinces across Canada) had a phobia of mice. When running workshops with attendees who travel from various locations, we have to make the best of it and go on because we can't change the location to another hotel last minute. I was really surprised that no one at the hotel checked in on us about our experience through the day. I have been at other hotels that would have been mortified and continually checking on the meeting. Even excluding the presence of mice, I felt the conference staff was mediocre.
I must admit that after the meeting when I went back to my sleeping room, I was constantly thinking I saw mice scampering around. It made me uneasy about sleeping there. However, the sleeping rooms were clean and I never saw any evidence of mice being present in there.
One additional comment is that, upon our request, the conference manager is working on some type of compensation because of the mice. But, should we have had to ask?

2  Thank taysmom76
jodysampsonRDM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear taysmom76,

I was very disappointed to read that your meeting was disrupted by an unwelcome guest and please accept my apologies for this occurrence. The hotel does have a reputable pest control company under contract and their senior representatives have been working diligently with our team on specific measures that appear to be successful. The conference centre is located in the adjacent building to the hotel and the building manager is supporting the pest control personnel on site to reach immediate closure to this matter.

The Four Points by Sheraton Halifax takes great pride in our service to our guests and I assure you this incident is not our normal standard. One of our sales management team associates will be in contact with you to follow up on a satisfactory resolution.

William Brown

Reviewed 8 November 2012

very nice people but sink was clogged, had to change rooms, odd smell in some rooms. Not a horrible hotel, but I would stay at hampton inn. Underground parking is best part of hotel. I must say it was quite clean though.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
jodysampsonRDM, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay. We have just completed phase one of our renovations, which included: new flooring, beds, and vinyl. We will start phase two in early 2013, which will include: new washrooms, curtains, and hard goods.

We hope to see you back with us again to experience the new feel of the Four Points Halifax.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I've stayed here twice recently for business, and have had pleasant experiences at the Four Points Halifax. The rooms are quite spacious and the beds very comfortable, the staff are pleasant and happy to give visitors a hand. It is very much a standard chain hotel, but the location, rooms and atmosphere of the hotel are truly lovely.

The meeting facilities at the hotel are also great - the food has been fantastic at both meetings I have attended here, and the service has been without fault.

If you're traveling for business or a family trip, I would recommend staying here for comfort and convenience.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We checked in to this fine hotel to make our attendance at a local convention just a little easier over three days. The room was super spacious, the bed was VERY comfortable, the shower had LOTS of hot water and space to move. It came with free Wi-Fi, wide screen HD tv, coffee machine for the morning, a small fridge to keep our water and sodas cool, and a comfortable seating area. Over all, a fine place to stay. The only negative (and it is a VERY small thing) was the sink didn't drain well with the built-in plug system that is so common in hotels. Don't know why they insist on using them. They don't work well.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "Courtyard" are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Our new beds are very comfortable and have become a favorite amenity of most of our guests.

We hope to see you back at the Four Points Sheraton Halifax again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

The hotel, once you get inside, is clean, has a nice gym and pool, the rooms have all the usual amenities, including a small fridge. A microwave would have been nice, as my husband likes to heat up a magic bag to help with pain at night, and we like to snack on popcorn, but the lack isn't a deal breaker. The remote for the TV wasn't working, but the management said they would come down and fix it. They were helpful and friendly. They offered us $5 coupons for snacks on site, or towards a meal at a restaurant within the complex if we chose not to have the room serviced in the two days we stayed there, their efforts towards going green. We didn't end up using the coupons, but assume they work just fine.

The only real drawback to this hotel is also the upside: if you need to stay in downtown Halifax for some reason, then you have to deal with the fact that there is no parking ANYWHERE. In order to use the underground parking for this hotel, you need a key card they give you when you check in. The problem is finding parking to check in so you can use the key card they give you to park in the underground. The underground parking is not for the faint hearted, as we some times went down a promising isle and had to back out around corners to look for parking elsewhere. This sucks, but apparently is like this all over the city in underground parking.

Room Tip: If you want to park in the underground, or have no choice in the matter, press the help button when...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
jodysampsonRDM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Reviewed 17 October 2012

The hotel is clean, staff very helpful, rates reasonable but you really know you are staying in a 3 star hotel. Upgraded to a suite thankfully, which had ample room, nice big sitting room and big bathroom (towels thread bare and not enough of them),as well as a bedroom with an extremely comfortable bed. Furniture was functional and not worn, which was nice. Could not open windows which was a problem as if you wanted to be warm in the bedroom the sitting room was cold. And if you wanted to be warm in the sitting room, you would die of heat in the bedroom but could not open the window. The breakfast restaurant is in the adjacent building, outdated but served excellent, reasonable breakfast with great staff. The room had a fridge and a coffee maker and free tea and coffee is served in lobby in the morning. Do NOT purchase food in lobby as it is extremely expensive. There is a cute coffee shop next door. Location is excellent, 2 blocks from the waterfront, close to shops and restaurants, 10 minute walk to Pier 21 and a fantastic super store if you want to buy some food. Would I stay there again? No but I have to admit the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business