“Superb Location and Comfort”

Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Winnipeg, Canada
“Superb Location and Comfort”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We had an excellent stay at the Four Points on Hollis Street. We managed to get a special rate that included parking and breakfast for two. Our room was a large comfortable room and the beds were super comfortable with clean white crisp sheets and nice luxurious duvets. Rooms were very quiet and service at the desk was professional and polite. The breakfast was fast, hot and delicious with our coffee being consistently refilled. The only downside was that the hot tub was being refurbished, so we were unable to use it. Great location, only a couple of blocks from the harbour front and Barrington Street, so the main shops and sights are walkable.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
jodysampsonRDM, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay. We have just completed phase one of our renovations, which included: new flooring, beds, and vinyl. We will start phase two in early 2013, which will include: new washrooms, curtains, and hard goods.

Our new beds are very comfortable and have become a favorite amenity of most of our guests.

We hope to see you back at the Four Points Sheraton Halifax again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Korean first
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Clean, comfortable, and excellent location. The lobby is modern and has indoor parking. The parking was around $20. The back of the hotel leads right onto Spring Garden for close access to shopping and restaurants. I believe the hotel is going to be updated more in the next year. Sadly the hot tub was being redone so we did not get to use it. The fitness room is pretty decent and the pool was nice enough. The locker rooms have a sign saying they have bags there to take your wet stuff back to your room, but both the men's and women's were empty. Everything was clean though. Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Shower and bath tub was great. Free wi fi and a bottle of water was a nice touch. Our check in went smoothly, but the man checking us in had a bit of attitude. The rest of the staff was very good to deal with.
The restaurant on site looked very nice and the menu looked reasonably priced. We did not get a chance to eat there though.

My only real issue with the hotel was the central air vent in our room that was very very loud. Apparently this is only an issue in a couple rooms. At 11pm we mentioned this to the front desk and they came up with earplugs and put a facecloth in the vent which made the noise manageable. If we had had air conditioning on we may not have heard it that much, but with nothing on it is loud. The staff was excellent about this, but if the hotel knows this is an issue in a few rooms they should make a permanent fix. Overall it was comfortable and very quiet when the vent was stuffed. I would suggest this hotel for business or for nice adult getaway. All the ladies on staff were great to deal with.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is a larger property that other Four Points I have stayed. The lobby is nicely decorated and the staff was very helpful. Rooms are large and it's in downtown Halifax, near shops and many fine restaurants. I wold stay here again!

Moncton, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,532 helpful votes
Reviewed 14 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton a couple of weekends ago when we were in town for the annual Hal-Con. The hotel was clean and modern, the rooms were great, nice and dark at night, we could relax and did so a lot, we could hear some street traffic but that is okay. Staff was friendly, the pool was refreshing and the hotel was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted and needed to be for four days.

We will be staying there again next year, thanks for a great experience.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if you are a really lite sleeper so you have less street noise, I can sleep t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JGDynamo
st louis, mo
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I was in Halifax on business hosting a meeting in the Four Point conference room. I feel like I should fill out two separate reviews, one on my sleeping room and one on my meeting experience because my experiences were completely different.
Let's start with the positive. The hotel is in an excellent location! It is close to great bars, restaurants, and museums. The Four Points check-in staff and concierge are great! The room was average. I stay in many hotels throughout the year and the sleeping room didn't stand out, but was completely adequate.
Now, to the negative. I run meetings in hotels at least 12 times a year, and this was one of the most memorable experiences I have ever had. One of the good things about the meeting was Andrew, the catering services staff member. He delivered food for us and kept things stocked throughout the day. He was nice and accomodating. The room was of adequate size and was set up as I requested. However, there were mice in the room. I don't mean mice peaking their heads out of the corners and scampering away. I mean multiple mice running through the workshop, among the attendees. We had to move chairs around to ensure that attendees left nothing on the floor. We had to pull skirts off of the food tables to make sure the mice didn't climb up them. The catering manager was so freaked out by the mice that she wouldn't come back in the room; however, the rest of the staff seemed to think it was fine that we held our meeting in the room with the mice. Fortunately, none of our attendees (from 5 different provinces across Canada) had a phobia of mice. When running workshops with attendees who travel from various locations, we have to make the best of it and go on because we can't change the location to another hotel last minute. I was really surprised that no one at the hotel checked in on us about our experience through the day. I have been at other hotels that would have been mortified and continually checking on the meeting. Even excluding the presence of mice, I felt the conference staff was mediocre.
I must admit that after the meeting when I went back to my sleeping room, I was constantly thinking I saw mice scampering around. It made me uneasy about sleeping there. However, the sleeping rooms were clean and I never saw any evidence of mice being present in there.
One additional comment is that, upon our request, the conference manager is working on some type of compensation because of the mice. But, should we have had to ask?

2 Thank taysmom76
jodysampsonRDM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear taysmom76,

I was very disappointed to read that your meeting was disrupted by an unwelcome guest and please accept my apologies for this occurrence. The hotel does have a reputable pest control company under contract and their senior representatives have been working diligently with our team on specific measures that appear to be successful. The conference centre is located in the adjacent building to the hotel and the building manager is supporting the pest control personnel on site to reach immediate closure to this matter.

The Four Points by Sheraton Halifax takes great pride in our service to our guests and I assure you this incident is not our normal standard. One of our sales management team associates will be in contact with you to follow up on a satisfactory resolution.

William Brown
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2012

very nice people but sink was clogged, had to change rooms, odd smell in some rooms. Not a horrible hotel, but I would stay at hampton inn. Underground parking is best part of hotel. I must say it was quite clean though.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
jodysampsonRDM, Public Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this review, 19 November 2012

We hope to see you back with us again to experience the new feel of the Four Points Halifax.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I've stayed here twice recently for business, and have had pleasant experiences at the Four Points Halifax. The rooms are quite spacious and the beds very comfortable, the staff are pleasant and happy to give visitors a hand. It is very much a standard chain hotel, but the location, rooms and atmosphere of the hotel are truly lovely.

The meeting facilities at the hotel are also great - the food has been fantastic at both meetings I have attended here, and the service has been without fault.

If you're traveling for business or a family trip, I would recommend staying here for comfort and convenience.