“A great food experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bistro le Coq
Ranked #48 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Bay Roberts, Canada
“A great food experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I always like trying to find a amazing places that serve great experiences through their food , service and ambiance. Bistro le Coq achieved all of that for me, the restaurant was cosy, the server was polite, friendly and most importantly knowledgeable of the offerings on the menu. I recommend this establishment for a "date night" , family gathering or in our case culinary explorer's. While visiting you will need to try the "pot au feu " as well as the house made Charcuterie both were very well done. This is a jewel in Halifax's culinary crown!!

• Visited May 2013

San Francisco, California
“Great meal in a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have been so lucky lately in the restaurants I eaten in. I have to thank all my fellow reviewers here on Trip Advisor. I make my selections based on the revierwes I find here and I have not been disappointed. This restaurant is no different. The oysters were heavenly and very fresh. Everything was delish and perfect bistro food. Everyone in the place was very happy and having a wonderful time. All in all a great fun dinner.

• Visited October 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Friendly service and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We enjoy eating here every time, even when we have to sit at the bar. The staff are very knowledgable and always recommend excellent, affordable wine pairings.

• Visited January 2014
Windsor, Canada
“You're kidding,right?!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited Le Coq last week in search of an authentic French meal. I had wine,escargot,steak frites,creme brulee and cognac. I know! It was a shoot the works kind of night. The food was good,but nothing was "wow". The best dish was the escargot. I had a side order of mushrooms with the steak-6 pieces of mushroom that were dry and I think cost$3.50. When the waiter brought the bill there was a charge I didn't recognize(the whole bill was just over $100.) When I asked( I think the charge was $2.99 ) he explained that it was because I had a refill on my coffee. You're kidding,right ?!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alan G
Utila
“Yummy and perfect Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I wish I could remember our waitresses name because she was awesome! We wanted a wine recommendation and confidently brought us an excellent bottle. We did not ask for the price so were a bit concerned, but it turned out she brought us one of the cheapest bottles!! So not trying to rip us off at all. The food was delicious.. I had tuna TarTar and french onion soup.. Prices are reasonable for portion size as well. Atmosphere was awesome and the restaurant is beautiful. Wish I could go back! Such a cute spot! I know my friends LOVED the french fries done with Duck fat... but that sounded just a bit too exotic for me :)!

• Visited April 2013