“Fabulous meal - best steak in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro le Coq

Bistro le Coq
Ranked #52 of 710 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Halifax, Canada
“Fabulous meal - best steak in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Four of us recently enjoyed a fabulous dinner here prior to going to the Neptune Theatre. Our waitress was wonderful - fast, friendly, and spot on with recommendations. I started with the mousse de foie gras de canard and then had the gnocchi à la parisienne . Both were very tasty. Others had the lobster boudin, scallops, and steak frites. I had a taste of the steak - unbelievable!! I think this was the best steak I'd ever tasted in Halifax! Even beat out my experience at Ryan Duffy's!! I can't wait to visit again so that I can enjoy more than just a taste of that fabulous steak!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Acadia80

Halifax, Canada
“Surprisingly good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Didn't know what to expect, and loved every minute of it. It is French, so you need to like that style of cuisine, but if you do, the flavours are superb! You'll be rewarded by being more adventurous on the menu.

1 Thank AlphaDog71
Dartmouth, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun atmosphere, wonderful food experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Discovered this restaurant the summer after our our family trip to Europe. Was really great to find such wonderful food with great value. Have visited many times afterwards and have never been disappointed.

1 Thank emycorca
Beaver Bank, N.S.
“Great meal with friends and family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Bistro Le Coq has a friendly/cosy vibe but a place you'd be comfortable with friends and business colleagues. We reserved a table for nine and when we arrived it was waiting for us. All party members enjoyed their meal but a couple of highlights was the French soup, scallops and steak. I had the bone marrow (it was so-so not much taste) and the pot-au-feu (very good). The washrooms were clean but someone with mobility issues may find them difficult to get to as they are downstairs. This was my second time to Bistro Le Coq and I'd return.

1 Thank Matthew L
Bay Roberts, Canada
“A great food experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I always like trying to find a amazing places that serve great experiences through their food , service and ambiance. Bistro le Coq achieved all of that for me, the restaurant was cosy, the server was polite, friendly and most importantly knowledgeable of the offerings on the menu. I recommend this establishment for a "date night" , family gathering or in our case culinary explorer's. While visiting you will need to try the "pot au feu " as well as the house made Charcuterie both were very well done. This is a jewel in Halifax's culinary crown!!

• Visited May 2013