“Alright food...pleasant atmosphere”

Harbour City Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbour City Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 714 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: A New Berth for Local Cuisine - Chef Andy Camm and his culinary team push the creative boundaries while maintaining a commitment in seeking out local farmers, fishers, and other producers who demonstrate the same care and attention in refining our ingredients as we do in preparing them. Our commitment to supporting local does not end with our food. With one of Halifax’s largest selections of local craft beers, Nova Scotia wines, and spirits you can truly indulge in a unique dining experience, paired to perfection.Our service philosophy is to provide warm, friendly, impeccable service, ensuring our guests truly experience Maritime hospitality.A memorable dining experience awaits you, whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.*Restaurant of the Year, Dessert of the Year, & NS Wine List of the Year ~ in the Chronicle HeraldJoin us for dinner and receive complimentary 2 hour parking in Scotia Square!
Halifax, Canada
“Alright food...pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I didn't really order anything special of the menu, I just had the club house with fries however for something so simple I figured a restaurant like this would have done more with it. Unfortunately I have had better clubs at diners for cheaper. The bread was barely toasted and cold when served the edges were burnt and hard. The bread used was no different then ben's bread from the grocery store, except it was multigrain.The chicken had no taste and was quite dry as the overall sandwich was as well and there was not much chicken on it for that matter. The fries were good, but the meal itself was just average. The people I went with had mixed reviews some said certain components of their meal was good while other parts not so much. The waitress we had was nice and the atmosphere in the restaurant was pleasant enough however I wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

• Visited December 2013
HarbourCityGrill, Manager at Harbour City Bar and Grill, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Hello there "JustTraveling4's"!

We are sorry to hear you won't be back. We love our repeat customers, many of whom come to Harbour City just for our Club, or the Lobster Club.
Wanted you to know that the idea behind having a "Clubhouse" sandwich is just that. We didn't want to do anything crazy to it. We wanted to keep it pretty classic. We do use a chicken breast on our sandwich though, as opposed to sliced Deli meat or turkey roll. You are correct in describing the bread as sliced multi-grain, although not Ben's, and shame on us, we'll do it on sliced white if you want! All of our other breads are sourced locally from highly acclaimed, Boulangerie Vendeene, and in our bread service you will find a black olive Fougasse, a beautiful Brioche, perhaps a Raisin loaf, or a traditional Sourdough Baguette. The best bread baskets in town will have his product in them. Ours is accompanied by a compound butter of the day. (Today we are serving poppyseed butter)
We apologize, and are disappointed to hear that your crust was burnt. We would have made you another sandwich, or perhaps let you decide on switching out for something completely different. Again, sorry to hear your visit with us didn't inspire you to return, but hope you will reconsider.
Jen

St. John's, Canada
“Great Meal at Harbour City!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Dined here the evening of December 3rd, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Our server was pleasant and knowledgable about the menu, and the wine selections were great.

The homemade soups and steaks were fabulous, just the ticket on a chilly December night. Dessert was fantastic! All the meals were served in a perfectly paced manner, and delivered just as requested.

This restaurant was a great choice for a group with diverse dining preferences. It was a bonus that it was located in our hotel. I'll definitely come back to Harbour City & the Delta Halifax the next time I'm in town.

Visited December 2013
Fall River, Canada
“Definitely recommended.....”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

A group,of us went here for dinner, and at first I didn't want to go.... Supper in downtown Halifax at a hotel restaurant??? There are SO many fabulous places to,eat, and I had 3 or 4 other places up my sleeve that are my favourites, and I didn't want to eat in a hotel restaurant.

But I was wrong.

It started out with the wine. There are so many excellent Nova Scotian wines, and you are allowed to bring in any of them without paying a corkage fee. Awesome!!!!! Such a wonderful policy that supports the local businesses. Love it.

My appetizer was the scallops and Porchetta. Holy Moses, I have never had a better appetizer IN. MY. LIFE. Loved it, and would definitely go back just for this. If you like scallops, then you will appreciate this, and I know my seafood. I thought it looked a bit small when I got it, but it was perfect!

My main was the seafood pasta. I would not order this again. I think the pasta wasn't drained well, and it watered down the sauce. Also the mussels in the dish were not well cooked, one of mine wasn't opened (never eat a mussel that isn't fully opened) and another was overlooked to unrecognition. We did alert the staff to this, as there were two of us that ordered the dish and both felt the same way. They apologized, but I didn't feel they were in any hurry to rectify their mistake.

They ended up charging us for the uneaten main courses, but comped us a desert. I wasn't impressed with that to be honest, cause desert cost a lot less than the main course. But in the end, I'm very happy I ordered desert which I don't normally do.

I had the parade of sail... And it was outstanding!!!!! I can't believe they make such a beast. What a work of art to my taste buds.

So in the end, the main course was sad, but given the explosion of excellence of the appetizer and desert, I would forgive this, and try it again. I do have to say the other people in our party enjoyed their mains. And they did a great gluten free.

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, Canada
“I like to stay in this Delta because I like Harbour City Bar and Grill”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I travel to Halifax several times a year for business...I always plan to have at lease one meal here....if you travel a lot you know it is nice to find a good place to eat.... Today for lunch I had a lobster club and a beer... The lobster and beers were great and local...

Visited November 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Food good, but pricey. Ambience poor.”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I recently had the good fortune to be invited out to dinner by a very old friend, and it was to this restaurant we went. The first thing which needs to be said is that the ambience and acoustics are poor. It is all rather barn-like, with every word of conversation and clatter of plates reverberating around. So, not a cozy place for a romantic dinner.

Service was extremely friendly, but there were periods when no waiter could be attracted.

Food was good, but pricey. Four good, but small fresh oysters were $14. Scallops with pork belly were also $14, but very good. Rack of lamb at $33 was tasty, but for some reason not especially lamb-like and a dark, thick sauce was too strong a match. Vegetables were fine.

Not a bad place, not somewhere I want to rush back to.

• Visited November 2013