“Hidden delight”

Cuisines: Fusion, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Most often a journey off the beaten path leads to pleasant experiences. Such is the case with TESS (aka Chez Tess Creperie, then Chez Tess) recently under new ownership but with attention to quality that leads to a fine eating experience. The wait staff and the Chef show a dedication to customer satisfaction that is superb in taste and service which must be experienced, We will return.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently changed hands but same staff, fabulous professional chefs in the kitchen and awesomely delicous food! Took my Mum and her bestie here for lunch on Monday, May 12th. Mum's friend and I had the mouth-watering smoked salmon crepe with side salad, My Mum had the Veggie pannini and we each had a glass of wine. Superb service, with tax for $70 which is a very decent price for lunch. I've been a fan since this sweet little place opened and I love coming back as often as I can but I also love converting a rookie who hasn't been here yet ; )

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went to Tess yesterday for Mothers day brunch with my mother and my mother in law, we had an amazing experience! The restaurant was extremely busy and we had to wait for a table, which was fine because we got to enjoy our coffee outdoors under the covered patio. When we went inside we received prompt service which is outstanding on a very busy day. We were very pleased to have so many gluten free and vegetarian options, and the bacon was amazing!! Very happy with the overall experience, will return again no question! If Tess can put that out on a crazy Mother's Day I'm curious to see what they have to offer on a normal day

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have been hearing positive reviews of Tess for some time now.... Today I went with a group of five for brunch. It was extremely disappointing and now I find myself wondering what all the fuss is about. Not one of us was impressed by the food.

The service was very friendly, fast and efficient. The positives end there. Onto the negatives:

The room itself is not very interesting. The noise level was also high.... poor acoustics. The menu looked interesting but when the food arrived it was not well plated and was quite tasteless. I had higher expectations because they use some local quality vendors for meat and bread. Three of the plates arrived with not a fruit or vegetable even to dress the plates.

I was completely underwhelmed by the food and experience. I will not be eating at Tess again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have been to this lovely spot a few times in the past several months. It is such a great place. The food is really fantastic. On our most recent visit we took my mom for dinner before heading to see a play at Neptune. It was a perfect choice. We shared the warm brie with roasted garlic, it was divine. My mom and I shared a crepe Cordon Bleu, it was so delicious. It was served with a beautiful fresh salad. One of the things about this restaurant is the really nice atmosphere, it is really relaxed and unpretentious. Lots of candles, nice music. Our server Angela was terrific. She remembered us from previous visits. If you are looking for a great restaurant with fantastic food and wonderful service, Tess has it all.