“Great brunch!”

Cuisines: Fusion, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Had lovely catch up brunch with out of town friends. Lobster Benny, and sausage crepes-perfection! With bacon Caesars. Vicki was a great server!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Found this little gem today, and found out it's been around for a couple of years.
You will find it in the North End of Halifax off of Agricola Street. It is on Charles Street, and I highly recommend you find your way there!
Try the crapes, you are sure not to be disappointed . With a truly delicious menu, I can't wait to go back.
They knew what they were doing when they put this place together. Two terraces to choose from, I felt swept away to a small village in Europe.
Service was great, I'll be back!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We went out in the backyard courtyard and could not believe this wonderful little little oasis in the city...it was so uniquely and brightly decorated...look in every nook and cranny and you will keep discovering quirky little touches.
There is also a great patio out front and a cute little restaurant within.
We had the breakfast burrito and the breakfast scramble..
Both were amazing..the flavours to die for! I loved that they used locally sourced Andoullie(maybe not spelled right?) sausage from Sweet William's and the sourdough bread from a french bakery out of town(Have to go there for this bread!) One of the best brunches ever!
Inside they had some martini's featured...looked very interesting...must try next time.
There was only one waitress out in the courtyard on a busy Saturday and she was a pro! Excellent service from our delightful young waitress!
Can't wait to come back...the crepes looked like a little piece of heaven...

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Before departing on our trip to the east coast, I compiled a list of restaurants between Kingston & Cape Breton that had been featured on the popular television program, - 'You Gotta Eat Here'. While on our trip, and when we were in the vicinity of these restaurants, we tried to eat at as many of these places as possible. We found most of them to be overrated and came away scratching our heads wondering what all the fuss was about. The only exception to the restaurants that we visited was 'Tess'. On arrival, we were greeted by the friendly owner, Shawna and were seated at a cozy table for two I had the Nova Scotia beef stuffed with brie, topped with a creamy onion & mushroom sauce along with 'rustic' mash & maple glazed carrots. Wow, great taste & meal. My wife had maple seared scallops served with spaghetti tossed with green onions, tarragon, roasted squash olive oil. The dish was sprinkled with goat cheese & served with toast. The combination of flavours were subtle yet oh so good!
We both judge a good meal based on not only the meat portion, but also the various accompaniments vegetables, sauces & starches, along with it's presentation. It was obvious to both of us that the chef here, knows what he's doing. We look forward to our next visit.
Well done Tess!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I went here for lunch with my mother and loved it! We both had crepes which were delicious. The service was both fast & friendly. Just make sure you check their hours before you go as they have kind of odd hours. Would highly recommend.