4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wasabi House

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I'm sure everyone has their favorites, but I've been trying different sushi places across the country (mostly comparing Vancouver and Halifax) for about 14 years and Wasabi House is somewhere within the top 10, maybe even top 5. Some rolls are better than others, but they have a huge selection to choose from and we like to mix up traditional rolls and some of the more fusion/fun rolls. The sushi pizza is wicked messy to eat, but delicious. I probably would not recommend eating in the restaurant itself as it's quite small, but with take-out they always throw in a good amount of free sushi or sashimi which we really appreciate. Sometimes I wish they were a little more organized when picking up sushi orders (they just seem scattered when you get there to pick up and we've had a few times where they struggle to find your order) but the quality of the food itself brings up back again and again. Previous favorite was Hamachi House (on Morris) and we sometimes go back to try it, but Wasabi is definitely the better of the two.

• Visited March 2014

• Greek first
Sydney, Canada
“A second Disapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I use to visit this restaurant often until I had cold food given to me in which I asked to have it heated, the whole plate came back with the sushi heated too. It seemed as if they microwaved my plate (which was plastic too). I wrote a message to them never to be responded to. Then I thought why not try it again. I ordered 2 phily rolls and 2 miso soup. I pick it up and there is philly rolls, sweet potato and salmon. How awesome of them to give us all this free stuff, until I got it home and realized the sushi was BRUTAL. It was warm, soo sticky it stuck to my fingers and I am still trying to get the rice off my fingers, washing them doesn't work. It was gross. The Sushi is in the freezer hoping to cool it down and harden the rice a little bit so it is eatable. Not even impressed. Check it out if you want, I hope you have a better experience than me.

• Visited February 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Remarkable sushi! Prepare to be stuffed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is an excellent spot, with a broad selection of sushi rolls and other treats. Cozy restaurant, with extremely helpful staff. Economical. The specialty rolls are quite creative, the fish always fresh, and they have always given us extra rolls for free. Be sure to pay with cash, as there is a special discount.

• Visited January 2014
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum! A Reason to Leave Downtown for Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Went for lunch with a friend and had all vegetarian sushi - my rolls were delicious! With generous helpings of avocado, and sweet potato cooked to perfection, I couldn't have asked for better. Service was a tad slow but it was packed during lunch hour, so we didn't mind as the staff was extremely friend. They also gave us a free mango-squash roll which was amazing. I would highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank HaliVFoodie
Halifax, Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Wasabi house is a great little spot. I have eaten there a number of times and it is awesome! Very inexpensive, great atmosphere, an overall great experience. The food is fresh and tasty, the staff is friendly. There is little or no parking other than the side roads but it is well worth the stop. If you are going on a Friday at lunch consider a reservation as it is very busy.

• Visited November 2013