“Fantastic Cafe”

Pavia Gallery ~ Espresso Bar & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Halifax
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: PAVIA is a not only a contemporary fine art gallery that specializes in artists from Canada and Europe, it is also an exceptional European-inspired espresso bar that imports its beans directly from a Florentine micro-roastery. They also lead an annual tour of Italy. This year the pair is embarking on their 5th Italian Art & Cultural Excursion.
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I finally managed to stop in after having heard about this cafe. It is a definite must for anyone in the Halifax area who enjoys a fantastic cappuccino/espresso and dessert. My only disappointment is that I had eaten lunch prior to stopping in there. I Had a cappuccino and chocolate cupcake with peanut butter cream icing and both were simply amazing. The service was beyond compare and I when I was asked how my cupcake was while I waited for my cappuccino I threatened to move in. Once I got my cappuccino I was even more convinced that staying there was a realistic option. I will be back at some point to try a panini, cheese board or waffles (or all of the above). If you live in the area and have not stopped in I would highly recommend you reconsider!

• Visited February 2014

Dartmouth
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at Pavia - thanks for making us feel so welcome Chris and gang. Our paninis were incredible, fresh and made to order and the customer service was top notch. I will make the trek from Dartmouth again soon! Well worth the scenic drive!!

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“A gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I always enjoy this cafe! The food is always enjoyable, and the staff are helpful! Not much else to say except try it if you haven't!

• Visited November 2013
Halifax
“Awesome customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Right from day one Christopher has been incredibly customer focused. As noted in other posts this cafe sits on a very popular bike route and soon after they opened Christopher made a point of taking care of everyone both in the cafe and across the street where my friends and I had stopped to determine our final route back to downtown.

• Visited August 2013
Halifax , NS! Canada
“A nice visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I had lunch there today. She had met the owner, Christopher, before but hadn't seen him in a while. He took our order and provided some recommendations. All the products used for their meals is sourced locally. We shared a Nova Scotia Panini, which had ham, cheddar cheese, and a Jelly from Tangled Garden. Very Tasty. Also had a bowl of the soup of the day, Pumpkin, which came from a 240 lb. Pumpkin just down the road. Delicious. The restaurant promotes the Italian Theme, with Good Coffees from Italy as well as Wines. The owner is well acquainted with Italy as he has been there several times. Lot's of people there. We got the last table for two. Pleasant wait staff and the owner took a little time out his busy schedule to chat with us which we appreciated. Go there. It's worth the drive. Also the restaurant was recognized as one of the top 5
new restaurants!