“Herring Cove Golden Nugget”

Pavia Gallery ~ Espresso Bar & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Halifax
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: PAVIA is a not only a contemporary fine art gallery that specializes in artists from Canada and Europe, it is also an exceptional European-inspired espresso bar that imports its beans directly from a Florentine micro-roastery. They also lead an annual tour of Italy. This year the pair is embarking on their 5th Italian Art & Cultural Excursion.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

What a spot to catch up with a friend for coffee, a delish panini while sitting on the patio or have an Italian icecream, worth the drive from Halifax.

1  Thank matineed

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Was pleasantly surprised to realize that Pavia is not nearly as far a drive as I anticipated. Really not very far from Halifax at all. Had a delicious latte and yummy soft ginger cookie. Look forward to going back out there for lunch someday and enjoying one of what looks to be a fantastic array of delicious sounding panini.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Clients recommended we meet over coffee at Pavia. I'd not been to Herring Cove Village for many years, even though it's only 10 minutes away from my home, in the opposite direction I usually travel. WOW, I was amazed to discover a fabulous cafe & Gallery in a nearby community, I'd not heard of before.

The capuchino was made to order & was stupendous! Ordered a large, served in a very large mug, 2 hours later, we found we closed the place! Nice, relaxing atmosphere, I never did great a chance to see the Gallery.

It appears I will be back, for another Pavia experience!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I finally managed to stop in after having heard about this cafe. It is a definite must for anyone in the Halifax area who enjoys a fantastic cappuccino/espresso and dessert. My only disappointment is that I had eaten lunch prior to stopping in there. I Had a cappuccino and chocolate cupcake with peanut butter cream icing and both were simply amazing. The service was beyond compare and I when I was asked how my cupcake was while I waited for my cappuccino I threatened to move in. Once I got my cappuccino I was even more convinced that staying there was a realistic option. I will be back at some point to try a panini, cheese board or waffles (or all of the above). If you live in the area and have not stopped in I would highly recommend you reconsider!

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at Pavia - thanks for making us feel so welcome Chris and gang. Our paninis were incredible, fresh and made to order and the customer service was top notch. I will make the trek from Dartmouth again soon! Well worth the scenic drive!!