“delicious cappuccino”

Pavia Gallery ~ Espresso Bar & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 29 Coffee & Tea in Halifax
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: PAVIA is a not only a contemporary fine art gallery that specializes in artists from Canada and Europe, it is also an exceptional European-inspired espresso bar that imports its beans directly from a Florentine micro-roastery. They also lead an annual tour of Italy. This year the pair is embarking on their 5th Italian Art & Cultural Excursion.
Toronto, Canada
“delicious cappuccino”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

we stopped on the way to one of the provincial parks and had no idea about this place, which is frankly in the middle of nowhere. what a pleasant surprise!
Pavia offered a truly delicious cappuccino. Their "All Almantea" panini was quite good too!
The staff was very nice and courteous and the service quick.

• Visited August 2014

nova scotia
“Herring Cove Golden Nugget”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

What a spot to catch up with a friend for coffee, a delish panini while sitting on the patio or have an Italian icecream, worth the drive from Halifax.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank matineed
Halifax, Canada
“Not as far out of Halifax as I anticipated”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Was pleasantly surprised to realize that Pavia is not nearly as far a drive as I anticipated. Really not very far from Halifax at all. Had a delicious latte and yummy soft ginger cookie. Look forward to going back out there for lunch someday and enjoying one of what looks to be a fantastic array of delicious sounding panini.

• Visited June 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Urban Hidden Gem in a Rural Community!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Clients recommended we meet over coffee at Pavia. I'd not been to Herring Cove Village for many years, even though it's only 10 minutes away from my home, in the opposite direction I usually travel. WOW, I was amazed to discover a fabulous cafe & Gallery in a nearby community, I'd not heard of before.

The capuchino was made to order & was stupendous! Ordered a large, served in a very large mug, 2 hours later, we found we closed the place! Nice, relaxing atmosphere, I never did great a chance to see the Gallery.

It appears I will be back, for another Pavia experience!

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Cafe”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I finally managed to stop in after having heard about this cafe. It is a definite must for anyone in the Halifax area who enjoys a fantastic cappuccino/espresso and dessert. My only disappointment is that I had eaten lunch prior to stopping in there. I Had a cappuccino and chocolate cupcake with peanut butter cream icing and both were simply amazing. The service was beyond compare and I when I was asked how my cupcake was while I waited for my cappuccino I threatened to move in. Once I got my cappuccino I was even more convinced that staying there was a realistic option. I will be back at some point to try a panini, cheese board or waffles (or all of the above). If you live in the area and have not stopped in I would highly recommend you reconsider!

• Visited February 2014