US$196
  • Breakfast included
Prince George Hotel(Halifax)
US$189
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
US$157
US$192
US$148
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

US$231
US$204
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

Free cancellation until 05/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$157
US$192
US$174
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$136
All reviewscommon areasbig kitchenwalkable distancegreat locationsingle roomvia stationstayed here for a weekbarrington stfarmers marketfour nightsrooms are spaciouseasy accessdormsupermarketwaterfrontlockearplugs
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We had a private room up on the 3rd floor. The room was not very clean - sheets were changed, but there was dirt and dust on the floors and windowsill. There was a lot of noise from the street below, but we couldn't close the window because it was so hot in there. We didn't get towels, which was less than handy. For $70 a night, I expect a clean room and towels. We also had to pay for parking for each day. We initially booked for 2 nights but tried to cancel both as soon as we got to our room. Unfortunately, they have a 24 hour cancellation policy, so we stayed one night and then booked into a hotel for the second.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Northern_Mommy
Reviewed 11 October 2009

We stayed just one night in this HI Hostel in a private room. The room was very small and old furnished. The private bath was in the hallway and not locked by the time we arrived, so other people used it already. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a little pricy for what we got. Maybe the stay in doorms are better value.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geniessas
Reviewed 2 November 2008

I really enjoyed staying at this hostel. The building is quite old, I think they said almost 150 years, but it's so well kept that you just appreciate it! There were nice details maintained throughout the building and at the same time it was very clean and warm. Stepping into this hostel from outside (October and chilly in Halifax!) was so warm and inviting. The kitchen is spacious with all the equipment and space you would need to make pretty much anything you want. It felt very homey. In a good way :)
The staff were quick to help with anything I needed, or answer any questions or make exceptions, really! The common rooms are well-equipped and the location is perfect! So close to anything you could possibly need. I had a really pretty view of the harbour out my window. I can't imagine anyone having a bad time staying at this hostel, unless they just naturally have a bad attitude or are antisocial. That being said, I was travelling by myself and sometimes wanted to just be by myself and I still had a great time there. I would recommend anyone this hostel if you really want to get a feel for Halifax and experience something that they're known for: being oustandingly helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank abbeygrehy
Reviewed 25 September 2008

My husband and I stayed here one night while traveling Nova Scotia by motorbike. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The common areas are clean and well appointed. We had a private room that was set up for 4 with an en suite full bath. It was in the basement, but was clean and had a large window. The room was a little stuffy but there was a fan. The price was reasonable. As far as hostels go it was a little pricey but this is a HI hostel and I find they usually cost more (if there were 4 of us, it really would have been a deal!). Good location to walking around downtown and good food options right in the area. On street parking in front of building. I would recommend to anyone who is used the the hostel experience.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2008

The staff here are mostly locals , who are unfriendly, unhelpful, and depressing.

The cliquishness it seems like, is from a handfull of bullying types who think they are unaccountable to anyone and their behaviour shows it!

It is also overpriced and they stiff you with added costs at every turn -- Personally I am very suspicious of this. Stay somewhere else if you want a friendly, professional, pleasant holiday!

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled solo