“July 2014 Stay at Morning Mist” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morning Mist Cottage Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Halifax
Morning Mist Cottage Retreat
Lower Sackville, Canada
“July 2014 Stay at Morning Mist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Morning Mist, as did my children and grandchildren. It has all the amenities of home, yet is very isolated, nestled nicely in the forest with a wonderful lake that can be accessed directly from the large wraparound deck on the cottage. On our last day there, it rained. Even that was very enjoyable, to hear the rain on the lovely sky lights. The master bedroom is amazing; there is a Jacuzzi tub in the ensuite and a patio door to the deck. I would recommend this quiet, unique place to anyone and I fully intend to go again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Diane R

Solo
Business
Murray River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I can only speak of our time spent at Morning Mist. I was there with my wife early last September for the first time and as we drove away after our time there, we were already planning our next visit. We can't wait. Pauline and her caretaker were very accommodating. You really have to see this property, to truly appreciate it. The view of the lake in the morning is absolutely breathtaking. This property offers so much for you to do. The cedar sauna, hot tub ( and it works perfectly ) swings overlooking the lake, outdoor fire-pit to cook hotdogs and roast marshmallows and the canoes to enjoy. Sitting in the cottage at night with the oil lamps burning and a fire in the fireplace is just so relaxing to experience. PLEASE, do not let 1 bad review be the reason you miss out on experiencing the Morning Mist cottage.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank sammac1959
PickyoneNovaScotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

The cottage itself is fine. When we arrived for a long planned Thanksgiving weekend the water had been turned off, the canoes were submerged in the lake. We paid an extra $100.00 for the 9 person hot tub, only one jet worked (and only on high) the rest by virtue of the jets floating around in the water were not even hooked up. I informed the owner of this, she said the hot tub was not working correctly ever since the summer and she was having a hard time getting someone in to fix it, we had booked on Aug 27. Even if it had happened after we booked she should have told us, she did not even offer to refund our $100.00 . We will not return based on that response, it is very very important to at least treat your guests fairly, else you may not have return business and you will get a very poor review. Buyer Beware, if they have a hot tub ask if it is functioning wholly and correctly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank PickyoneNovaScotia
Pauline E, Owner at Morning Mist Cottage Retreat, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
I was unaware of this review submitted 14 months ago. Unfortunately, several guests this year made mention of this review when asking about my beautiful hot tub. This review is, for the most part, misleading and written by a guest who was offered compensation. I have had 101 outstanding reviews and sadly one out of all of these shows up on Trip Advisor.
Morning Mist Cottage is a "Four Star" vacation destination and continues to upgrade and renovate. The guests who wrote the review were informed that my hot tub water was crystal, clear and hot at 104 degrees but because my serviceman had not arrived in time for the weekend only half the jets were working. I gave these guests a discount for the hot tub. I have since changed service and to the delight of my guests who chose Morning Mist Cottage not only for its seclusion, woodland and lake but for the therapeutic benefits of my hot tub and cedar sauna.