“Good value”

Future Inns Halifax
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed here unexpectedly one night in 2009 and found it a good value. My room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel was very quiet and the staff was very quick to accommodate me since I was staying unexpectedly with my baby. They had a playpen set up before I even got to the room. Room service was extremely quick and my meal was great. I wished there was a pool though.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally L

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed here while attending the Saltscapes Expo in April 2012 to showcase our Inn - so having experience in the accommodation sector I will say this was a great place to stay. The rooms were spacious and clean - we stayed on 3rd floor - and there was everything we required for 3 nights stay. The gentleman at check in was great - helpful & friendly. Breakfast in the dining room was superb and great wait staff as well. We have dinner here as well and it was one of the best meals I have had. Housekeeping was very particular - which I appreciate. My only complaint was the noise at 630AM - there was a team staying on the same floor and every door banged shut at least 10 times from 630-730AM.... I know the hotel had no control over this but my thought was "where were the parents".... I will be back.... Great work

Room Tip: being a larger hotel maybe ask if they have teams booked in and request a different floor or area...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I always stay there when in Halifax.

Easy to get to from highway.
Close to shopping.
Easy drive to downtown Halifax.
Clean and comfortable.
Good rates.
Good restaurant food and service, especially the haddock.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We discovered Future Inns, Halifax when my husband had a couple days business there. I would rate it the best for its price bracket. Our room was clean, spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable with nice sheets. I was worried about the noise on the first night because the hotel was full with sports teams when we checked in. They had thoughtfully placed us in an end room and I never heard any outside noise whatsoever.

The staff were very friendly and hospitable. I had asked about a jogging route and when I came home that night there was a map and description of a nearby jogging route printed off and left under our door.

Personally though if I returned to Halifax I would prefer to stay down close to the water & Citidel Hill where there is more for tourists to do & see. But I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Future Inns to anyone needing a hotel in that area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Just spent 2 nights at Future inns Halifax location. Was pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. We had a choice between a room with 2 queen beds or a one bedroom king suite. We chose the king suite and were really glad we did. It was a very spacious clean room on the front corner of the building. Found the building to be very quiet .We both had a great sleep in the bed. The room comes with a separate bedroom, large sitting room with bar/sink.and fridge. The hotel location is ideal for shopping and restaurants. Will definitely be back again when visiting Halifax.

Room Tip: definitely recommend the suite. The price is reasonable and you will be pleased with the space
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

When we travel to the city we always stay at the Futures Inn on Lacewood drive because of its proxiimity to shopping, restaurants, and the friends we visit. It is very clean and the staff are always helpful with all our needs. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2011

It was a great stay at the Future in! We loved it, great room with 2 queensize beds, and a great telly. Also bathroom was good and the breakfast coupons were good for a good big breakfast. Just good for a day of shopping at the other site of the highway or for going downtown. Nice people... We def go back when we are in Halifax.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple