“Awesome”

Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The staff at this hotel were extremely friendly and hospitable. The room was very clean and well stocked with everything that one might need, which made my stay that much more comfortable. If I were to need book another stay I would not hesitate to book this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bailey5763

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed at the Future Inns Hotel in Halifax and the reason we stayed there was because it was close to the Airport and we wanted something reasonably priced. We stayed on the Executive floor and it included breakfast. (The breakfast included juice, coffee or tea, 2 eggs, bacon or sausage or ham, toast and hashbrowns.) It did not have a pool or spa but we enjoyed staying there and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2012

If it weren't for the internet, I would give this hotel 5 stars without question. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions recently. There was always someone when I needed them at the front desk. During a recent visit, I booked in, tired after a long day of travel, to find there were a group of noisy teenagers on my floor who were in Halifax for a sporting event. I spoke to the reception staff, went out to supper at their excellent Redwood Grill restaurant, and upon my return, there was blissful silence. Excellent! The room was very tastefully decorated, perfectly clean, and very comfortable.

My only gripe, but it's a big one, is that the network strength is poor and doesn't reach the living areas of the room. I was able to gain access only by sitting next to the door. The receptionist told me they were working on the problem, but a week later, the situation was the same. This is serious and should be quickly remedied.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I recently went to Halifax for a "getaway" weekend. We had stayed at this hotel several years ago while it was still under construction and we decided to give it another try. We were greeted with smiling faces upon check-in and immediately felt like we were "home". After receiving our room cards, we proceeded to our room and were pleasantly surprised. The room was bright and cheery, large, very clean and contained two queen beds, a large bureau and other nicely appointed furniture. There was also a large closet with plenty of room to store clothing and luggage and also contained an ironing board and iron. The framed pictures on the walls were well chosen and pleasant to look at. The beds were very comfortable and despite the fact that the hotel is situated near a couple of very busy highways, it was very quiet and we didn't hear any highway noise at all. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel, but since we have family in the area, we did not use it so I cannot make a comment on it except for the fact that we were given a coupon for 20% off a meal if we so desired. The hotel is close to all sorts of shopping and with easy access to the highway, just a short drive to downtown. All staff we dealt with were pleasant, friendly and always greeted us with big smiles and were more than eager to answer our questions or help us with directions. Oh, and by the way, the hotel offers free parking! We look forward to staying here in the future and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MFCDBC
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Future Inns Halifax. The location was close to shopping and restaraunts, the hotel room was clean and bright, and the staff were terrific.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NewfoundlandPublican
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed here unexpectedly one night in 2009 and found it a good value. My room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel was very quiet and the staff was very quick to accommodate me since I was staying unexpectedly with my baby. They had a playpen set up before I even got to the room. Room service was extremely quick and my meal was great. I wished there was a pool though.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family