“Excellent lunch choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Child-friendly
nova scotia
“Excellent lunch choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Recently had a great lunch at the Blue Olive.I had the chicken Souvlaki/pita and it was great.Lots of fresh veggies and tzatziki on the pita & served with a tasty Greek salad.My companion had the lamb Souvlaki platter with rice, salad, roasted potatoes and salad.It was a large serving for lunch but he managed to get through it.We shared a lovely yogurt dessert-can't pronounce it.Nice cheery atmosphere with good service.Would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank coldatlantic

Toronto, Canada
“Sensational Greek dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Hands down, the best greek food I have ever tasted.

I've had the Chicken Soulvaki twice now and both times everything I ate had lots of rich flavour. Potatoes and rice are often bland. These were sensational. Good enough to eat them plain on their own. Chicken was cooked perfectly. Tzatziki sauce was great. Greek salad was amazing. Dinner was so good I had to try desert so I had the rice pudding. Also amazing.

The atmosphere is also very nice and elegant. Feels like you're back at home in Athens eating kalamata olives by the fire place over a glass of wine with your prettiest misses. Great place for a date!

5 out of 5 stars.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank NickWolynsky
Halifax, Canada
“Blue Olive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

My husband and I were at the Blue Olive last night, the service was great. We had to wait longer then anticipated, but the food was worth the wait. Recommend this for a good experience in delicious Greek food. Will definitely be going back soon !

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Patriciaphil13
Prospect, Canada
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

I never knew about this place until we had our work party there. Wow! What an amazing, cozy and warm atmosphere. It was about 7pm on a Friday evening so it was busy but still people were waiting to get in. They didn't wait long as the staff appeared to have everything running very smooth. All staff and the owner have excellent customer service skills and not just with us, but at every table it was obvious. We had many appetizers and all were fabulous! My favorite was the saganaki cheese! Delicious! Also the spinach and feta phylo(sp) and the red pepper dip was great. I don't like calamari but our group raved about it! For dinner I had the chicken souvlaki which came with greek salad, potato's and rice. Everything was cooked perfectly. There is also a nice wine selection.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank eeka24
Vancouver, BC, CAD
“A little Greek experience in Halifax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Reasonably sized, and personable hostess. Cristo served us and did an excellent job at it. We tried the prawns for beginnings with scallops for middles. Topped it off with the rice pudding for a wonderful meal ending. Indeed a good experience.

Visited November 2012