“Only one other place in Canada does this!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 134 things to do in Halifax
Banff, Alberta, Canada
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Only one other place in Canada does this!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Vancouver Shakespeare in the park has nothing on Shakespeare by the sea. If you enjoy theatre or simple shakespeare plays than this is a must see.

Great event!!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Banff_Bear31

Bangor, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A unique one of a kind experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I went here to experience a little theater outdoors. The show was intriguing, the cast professional and experienced. I enjoyed every second of the show. Everyone knew their lines and interacted with ease. I had read good reviews and I am so happy I went. The only thing I would have changed is I wish I would have brought sunscreen and an umbrella-I ended up with a bad sunburn. This is a fault on my part not theirs. We could pay to use fold out chairs which was a nice touch, and they provided snacks and drinks for sail- great for the intermission. The show was entertaining, thorough, artistic, and most of all hilarious! If you have never been it's worth a visit more than once. I will be visiting the next time I am in the area. But remember to bring sunscreen or an umbrella 

1 Thank An0nym0usF00dCritic
Portland, Maine
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snow White”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was amazing! My little girl (4 years) even sat through it and didn't take her eyes off the show. A few more awnings for shade would be nice. Some people were a bit toasty in the mid day sun.

1 Thank Sara R
Halifax, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Snow White was even better than last year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Snow White production was extremely engaging - funny and appropriate for everyone (despite being loosly based on a fairy tale, is written to be worth seeing both by adults and children).

The chairs remain a challenge - hard to see everything if you are more than a a few rows back and on the short side. So there may be value in reserving one of the front row seats. (In past years we just came early - now you need to pay in advance - and more than the usual 20 - for one of the seats at or near the front). Blankets and sitting on the ground at the front remains, of course, and option.

Lindsay, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great outdoor theatre for all ages!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We attended the afternoon production of Snow White. The walk in was long for old folks (me) and young children, but we caught the golf cart out (you can book it). I would rent a chair next time. The play was hilarious with humour for all ages, singing well done, and several actors outstanding. I'm from out of province, but plan to attend again on our annual trip. Well worth the money.